What time of day do you work out?

Options

Replies

• hekate89
    hekate89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on my work schedule that day. When I start work late, I work out before lunch, but never before breakfast. If I start work early, my workout is later in the evening, after dinner. I don't really think that it matters too much when you work out. You burn the calories anyhow. But I have heard that you should avoid working out about 2 hours before you go to bed so you get a good sleep=)
  • JennyJ2015
    JennyJ2015 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    in the evening after work around 9-11pm granted its only been a week and a half but ive actually been able to sleep better after a good workout
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    in the evening after work around 9-11pm granted its only been a week and a half but ive actually been able to sleep better after a good workout

Hah not me. That's the one thing I'd say negative about my workout schedule. I hate mornings so not willing to get up at like 6am for a workout so I workout in the evenings after work and often right after work I want to relax a bit first so I end up working out at like 9pm or 10pm. Effect of a late workout for me is it wakes me up, gives me a bit of a buzz, and then I have to go to sleep so that can mess with my sleep sometimes.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Lift or swim at 5 a.m. then run or bike at noon.
  • CharleeCali
    CharleeCali Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Any time between 8:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m., depends on how long it takes to talk myself into it. Sometimes the convincing can take a while. :ohwell:
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm a person so I like to get it in and be done with it! I do walk home from the train in the evening and that's anywhere from a mile to almost two miles depending on which way I go.
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Mid-morning/before lunch...usually around 10-12. I'm lucky enough to have a flexible schedule.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    During the week if I go with a friend, we usually hit the gym at 6 or 6:30pm. If I go by myself, I go straight from work and start at about 4:30pm. I eat dinner after workouts, no matter what time in the evening I start them (food in belly + workout = heartburn). Weekends are 8 or 9 am.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I maintain on roughly 2700 - 2800 calories per day...so, including my just being alive, my day to day activity, and my exercise I burn 2700 - 2800 calories per day...I do this regardless of whether I take my ride at 5:30 in the morning or at noon or if I lift at 6 PM or 8 AM. It doesn't matter...just get your fitness on.
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Usually in the evenings around 7, before dinner on weeekdays, but on weekends whenever it works. An afternoon or evening work out is fine if that's what works for you. I've never been an early morning exerciser, either. Don't think it matters.
  • DollyBW
    DollyBW Posts: 1
    Options
    Early in the morning 6:30 am spin class, followed by weights and crunches is the best wake up and start your day. You would not believe the energy you still have at 2:00 pm
  • msmaeghan
    Options
    My workout routine is a little skewed, I usually workout either VERY early in the morning, or around 5:00 in the afternoon. Since I'm a morning person, and I'm joining the Navy, I much prefer to work out around 6 or 7 in the morning, because I don't have to think about working out for the remainder of the day, and it releases endorphins so I feel pretty good when I get to work or to school. The days that I work out in the afternoon are usually when I have to be at work at 9 AM instead of 2 or 3. I do have a pretty sedentary job as a financial services rep, so going to the gym is a nice way to stretch from being stuck at my desk for 6 or 7 hours.
    It's all a matter of preference, it doesn't really matter when you work out, just as long as you actually DO it :)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Evening, I'm too lazy in the morning and usually do school work then. But once I finish working I find it easier to get up and go.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I work out at 7:30 pm. Reason being, I'm too much of a sleepyhead to get of bed in the morning to exercise. I eat when I get home from work at 6:30 pm and then plan on working out an hour later.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    As soon as I get out of bed after a coffee :)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    During the week, after school, about 4:00. On the weekends about 9:30 or 10:00am.
  • _AwesomeSauce_
    Options
    4:00AM Mon-Fri, 8AM Sat
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I prefer evening or afternoon but my life doesn't work that way. First thing in the AM is what fits so it HAS to work! I'm a natural night owl.

typical call
    Up --5:30 -- drink some Energy & Endurance, workout, shower, help get kids ready and out door with husband, finish getting ready, work, errands at lunch, work, pick up child, home, dinner, play, kid bedtime. Hope the one falls asleep before 10pm, work 2nd job. Bed... repeat
  • arf24_1
    arf24_1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5AM M-F. Weekends generally before noon.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    First thing in the mornings around 7 or 8 am, and after dinner at around 6 or 7 pm. Gives me a good excuse to take 2 showers! I like doing cardio based workouts in the mornings and strength routines at night. My workouts are only 15-45 minutes (rarely do they go over 30 min) so it's easier to fit in than someone who does hour long sessions or has other responsibilities. I have no kids or pets, so my schedule is much more open than other people's. Kudos to people who have super busy lives and manage to fit those workouts in even if it's not the ideal time! Good for you guys. That's dedication!