What time of day do you work out?

Options

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    OP I don't know if you are asking in order to find out what the ideal time to workout is or you just were curious. If it is the former then I think the answer is it doesn't matter, just workout whenever its most convenient for you and that way you will be more likely to stick with it.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Monday/Wednesday I lift at 5AM. Tuesday/Thursday I do cardio around 8PM. Friday I lift around 8PM. Trying to convince myself to switch my Friday workout to the morning, but sleeping until 6:30 is too awesome.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm a person so I like to get it in and be done with it! I do walk home from the train in the evening and that's anywhere from a mile to almost two miles depending on which way I go.

You're a person?
  • GeorgieGuitar
    Options
    I try to make sure I exercise when i get home, usually around 6pm, then I eat after or i'm sure i'd throw up or feel too full to properly exercise
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time of day you workout, as long as you workout.

On workdays, I do mini-workouts in my office on my break and at lunch. After work I do a longer workout. On the weekends the time varies. If I'm doing a DVD or weights, I do them in the a.m. after I get up (around 10). But if the weather is nice I'll do something outside later.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    On Monday, Wednesday and Fridays I work out in the morning at 8:00am before work. I do this because I know when I come home, I'll be too tired to bother with it. On Saturday and Sunday, I'll workout in the afternoon since I have more time. It took some time to get up early, but now I enjoy it.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Late afternoon or early evening when I'm too mentally fried to do anything else. I'm a morning person and it would be a waste of my peak thinking hours to waste it on brainlessly lifting heavy things and putting them back down.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I workout in the evening either right after work or after supper around 7:00, its the only part of my day I have time/make time.
  • Psylas
    Psylas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    7pm afterwork before dinner Tuesday, Wednesday sometimes Thursday. 7:30 am Saturday and Sunday. Basically day off workout is in the am and pm on work days.
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    usually 7-8pm but sometimes even 10-11pm, because of work
  • annburton311
    Options
    Workout in the evening after work, am not a morning person and have tried to wake up early to workout and could not commit to it, but evenings work fine for me plus I get to sleep much better. I got some motivation workout clothes on www.afyafitwear.com wearing them reminds me why am in the gym in the first place to get fit and shed some weight. Check them out!
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    First thing, usually an hour after waking up! I've found that my burns later in the day suck compared to those in the AM.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Usually within an hour of waking up, which can be anywhere from midday right up to 5pm. I am a night owl, and trying to break that pattern.
  • Elvirka_xoxo
    Elvirka_xoxo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I tried working out in the morning but my body refuses to wake up. So I try to do around 5-6 pm
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I typically do it anytime after work between 5-10 pm during the week. weekends I might do it in the morning or if I'm working, afterwards.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    3:30 am. Boom.
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love starting out my day with a hard workout :) sets the mood for the entire day.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Mondays and Wednesdays I work out at 6:20 am. Tuesdays and Thursdays I work out at 5:45 am. I find it much easier to work out in the morning. NO Excuses then :)
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    3:30 am. Boom.

well it's working, keep doin you!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Most weekdays 5am. Some weekdays I add in a lunch time run to my regular workout. One night a week I go to the gym at 5:30pm before dinner.

Weekends - late morning.