Any Classic Rock or Oldies fans out there?

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    By the way, my very first concert was BB King. He had a relative unknown opening for him. Big Brother and the Holding Company w/ Janis Joplin.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Personally not a big Jimi Hendrix fan, but this thread wouldn't be complete without Foxy Lady :wink:

If you are not a Jimi Hendrix fan, then what fan are you of? :flowerforyou:
  • FoxBean
    Options
    I'm 60 this summer and we are starting to make plans for retirement. Las Vegas. Outdoor kitchen, BBQ and Pool is a must. Also plan on putting a big screen outdoor television out by the pool. So, for the last 10 years, I have been reasearching, searching for and buying Concert DVD's. I now have over 200 and am still looking. Almost everyone that is on the list I posted before is represented.

I plan to spend my retirement on my motorcycle or in my backyard. Watching concert DVD's while I BBQ with a cigar in my mouth and a glass of Knob Creek in my hand.

Happy early birthday, and that sounds great :smile:
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Personally not a big Jimi Hendrix fan, but this thread wouldn't be complete without Foxy Lady :wink:

You :wink:
  • FoxBean
    Options

You :wink:

Aww I'm flattered, but I'm no musical bean, so seriously...name an artist! Now times! :wink:
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Billy Squier
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    CCR
    Johnny Cash
    The Temptations
    Queen
    Billy Joel
    The Four Seasons
    Chicago
    Toto
    Rush
    Huey Lewis and the News

tons more, but can't think of them all
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    The_1_Who_Knocks Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Billy Squier

I did "My Kinda Lover" at karaoke the other night. A little out of my range if I am being honest.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    AC/DC
    The Stones
    Rush
    Led Zeppelin
    Black Sabbath
    Ozzy
    Queen
    Neil Young
    The Clash
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    Billy Squier

I did "My Kinda Lover" at karaoke the other night. A little out of my range if I am being honest.

Saw Billy Squier a couple years ago. He was on tour with the Ringo All-Starr Band. Billy still looks good and still sounds great.
  • FoxBean
    Options
    Billy Squier

In "Rock me tonite" video of Billy Squier, reminds me of the band called The Darkness "I believe in a thing called Love" not sure why.....
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    Options
    Billy Squier

Saw Billy Squier a couple years ago. He was on tour with the Ringo All-Starr Band. Billy still looks good and still sounds great.

I feel certain that he can still sing "My Kinda Lover" better than I can.

Not that I am going to let that dissuade me from trying.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    Options
    Billy Squier

In "Rock me tonite" video of Billy Squier, reminds me of the band called The Darkness "I believe in a thing called Love" not sure why.....

Love that song.....but that cheesy video wasn't the highlight of his career in my opinion. But then again, that was the 80s.
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    Options
    Billy Squier

Your post inspired me to view it...OMG the dancing...and that outfit....the 80s were special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR0j7sModCI
  • FoxBean
    Options
    Billy Squier

Love that song.....but that cheesy video wasn't the highlight of his career in my opinion. But then again, that was the 80s.

Cliff Richards...Devil Woman...love the song, the video makes me laugh though!
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    Billy Squier

Just watched them both. Not sure why either, but I get it.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    How are you defining Classic Rock? Because Classic Rock now includes '80s Hair Metal and Grunge bands ...
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Can't believe there is only one mention of Queen!

And then there are/were:

Led Zep
    Deep Purple
    Metallica
    AC/DC
    Pink Floyd (tho only appreciate it now, not when young)
    and...

wait for it...

ABBA

:blushing:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    See the ticker below for favorite band EVER!
  • The_1_Who_Knocks
    Options
    How are you defining Classic Rock? Because Classic Rock now includes '80s Hair Metal and Grunge bands ...

If we get to define it anyway we want then I will go ahead and declare Everclear my favorite classic rock band of all time lol.