SAHM 10/3 to 10/10

Options
Welcome! We are a great group of SAHM's the support each other through our weightloss journey and the one of the most important jobs in the world! Being a mom! We welcome newcomer's!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! It's been a crazy couple of days!

Katie- How did your single parent weekend finally go?

April- Welcome! I drink my water straight...if you want to get a way from CL, maybe try squeezing lemons in your water or cucmber slices? The cucmber is amazingly refreshing!

Stacey- I will sent you a PM about those jar recipes, they sound neat!

Amy- Keep up with that running, you are doing great girl!

My agenda is today...make bread, and granola bars. Work on the cross stich and this week, start painting the kitchen, dining romm and wood stove room. For those of you who are new, I tool wallpaper off back in the spring/summer, I am finally getting around to the painting!:laugh: I have told myself that I will corss stitch 1 hour every day. If I go over , great! But to me that doesn't sound quite as daunting!:tongue:

Here's to a great week ladies!
  • aubske
    aubske Posts: 2
    Options
    So i'm starting today and would love to join in your SAHM support group. How do I do that?? Thanks!
  • sweetg1222
    Options
    I would love to join also. What is SAHM???
  • smacaulay
    smacaulay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Would love to join too - what is SAHM???
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Welcome April!! Congrats on getting through the plateau..I'm trying to break through one too, it's taking forever to break 140!

Welcome to Aubske, Smacaulay and SweetG! SAHM is a stay at home mom :)

Got my Mommy/Baby Bootcamp class in this morning, really need to work on cleaning up the house for the rest of the day, maybe some laundry. Ran 10.1 miles in 1:44 on Saturday, Cut off 9 minutes from my last 10 miler in June! Only a month until my half marathon, I think I'm ready. Just trying to decide what to run for the next 4 Saturdays...maybe 10 again next week, then 11, then 12, then taper to 6, and then my half?? I also ordered TurboFire, can't wait to get it!!

My SIL's wedding is Nov 13th, and I'd really like to lose 5lbs by then, and finally break through 140!
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    SAHM= STAY AT HOME MOM:happy: :happy:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    welcome new ladies!

and katie/april--those plateau's are hard!! your body wants a certain set point but you can change it!

and katie--awesome on lowering your time. that's a lot of minutes!

don't have time to chat this am. but will chk in later.
    nicole--you are such a go-getter! you and trish are really get at setting and accomplishing goals.
    of course, there are others of you who do this too----

washed my hair--and still really like it! also had my eyebrows shaped at Ulta yesterday and got a brow brush and shadow to fill in---my eyebrows are fading/sparse in parts. welcome to middle age?
    so, thanks katiem for the support abt doing something for me. :)
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Welcome to new comers!

Nicole~It could have been worse but it wasn't great either. By 4pm yesterday the kids were driving me crazy and I was ready for bedtime to be here. I put all of them to bed before 7:30 pm. Even the oldest which don't usually go to bed until 8:30pm. I now have about 12 hours left until he gets home and I am so ready for it to be done. I knew that to have the hubby away would be hard but this just makes me appreciate him even more. Also very grateful for those that are in the military!

Katie~ Way to go on the run on Saturday! Turbo Fire looks like a fun one.

Well I got to go I have 2 3yos a 2 yo and a 1 yo today....watching a friends boy for her. Plus I have some house work to get done before the hubby gets home so that he can come home to a clean house. Hope you ladies have a good day.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning!:flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the new gals!

April - I used to drink all 8 glasses of water straight, but ended up getting out of the habit. To get up to that point before, I used a lot of Crystal Light. I'm using a lot now to get myself back to it. I didn't used to like water b/c I didn't grow up drinking it. I'm still very picky about it. It has to be ice cold. I've discovered that when I'm in the habit of drinking all my water, my body craves it, and I enjoy it straight. It's just getting back into the habit.

Stacey - Would love to see pics of your hair.

I need to get mine colored again. Funds have been tight, so hubby colors mine for me. He actually does a good job. I'd love to find an inexpensive place to get it cut. I'd love to add some layers. I feel in the need for a new do. Right now it's a simple trim, so hubby has been doing that too. Not bad for a guy with no hair! :laugh: I'm actually very impressed and proud of him on how he has helped me with my hair.

Nicole - We're getting ready to do some painting in our house too. We prepped dd's room for painting over the weekend. Hopefully we'll be able to actually get paint on the walls this week.

She has picked out purple for the walls and (for lack of a better name) Tinker Bell green for the trim. We had painted her room a shade of pink when we first moved in to the house, but about a year ago, we decided the kids didn't need a playroom anymore since they were getting a little older and didn't need nearly as many toys as they had. So we moved her into the old playroom since we thought she had the smallest bedroom. We turned her old room into the office/guest room. And yes, it still has pink walls and sheer purple sequined curtains. About a month ago we realized that the office is actually bigger than ds's room, so we're switching rooms. Once we finish painting hers, we'll then paint his new room. He wants 3 walls blue and 1 orange accent wall. It'll match his "new" desk.

Well, Tony is working in Greensboro today, so I have the truck. So I had to make the kids walkers today. So, I'm going to use this to my advantage and run to pick them up. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to run over the weekend.

Gotta get going. Sorry, this post was much longer than I thought it would be.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Welcome all newcomers!

Stacey- Thanks for reading through my typos!:laugh: :tongue: And I forgot to comment on you coloring your hair. I agree with KatieM....I love that you take time for you! It is soooooo importatn that we remember to do that!

Katie-WAY TO GO ON the Run!!!!! That does sound like a great plan for your build up and then taper for your run! I REALLY wish I was doing that 1/2 with you! I won't tell you about my 10 mile run yesterday...I am my own worst enemy somedays!:grumble: As for breaking that plateau...as long as you are running the way you are...you probably won't see that drop unitl you are done your race. Then it wil lseem like it just melted off you! It's been happening to me that way...I have been hold steady or evening gaining a couple...and I back off from running for a week and BOOM! there goes those couple plus some?!:noway: Who can figure it out!

Ok...just got back from taking hte dog for a walk...now off to bake some bread!
  • sweetg1222
    Options

Welcome to Aubske, Smacaulay and SweetG! SAHM is a stay at home mom :)

Thanks!!! I would love to be a part of your group. I stay at home with my 2 boys. (3 and 6 years). I go to school full time online. Just trying to stay afloat!!! =)
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies and welcome all new comers!! :flowerforyou:

This week is going to be another busy week. Hope everyone had a good week, I posted about my weekend on the other thread, but incase anyone missed it or for the new comers here's what happened over the weekend for us.

Saturday/Sunday (last week) -If you want to see my whole outfit, I'll post a pic under my profile and you can check it out. I posted one of me and my hubby from Saturday night. We had a blast at the club! And my mom is going to watch the kids every other month so that me and hubby can go out like that again. I of course, had just a little too much and was gone, lol :drinker: :laugh: :blushing: , hubby got buzzed, but sobered up before driving us home. Sunday, we picked up the kids and went to the Apple Fest and had some good old family fun and togetherness.

Today-Laundry, dentist appt for hubby (had a filling looked at), other house hold chores (Ugh! :grumble: )

Tuesday-Walk 2.5 miles with my friend and possibly lunch with her

Wednesday-Pay bills and run errands

Thursday-Walk 2.5 miles with my friend and have lunch with another friend and her hubby

Friday- Walk 2.5 miles with my friend and possibly have lunch with her (if we don't do it Tuesday)

Saturday-Bowling Party for my hubby's younger half-brother's 13th bday party.

Sunday-Possibly take the kids to some hay rides, corn mazes, and other fun fall activities.

That's it for now, take care ladies.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in before I go to bed. I got my run in today. I ran just as far as I did last Wednesday! 0.35 of a mile! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I was hoping I'd be able to get that far again today since it had been 5 days since I last ran. My goal is still to run a 5k in March.

Dinner tonight was delicious! A homemade chef salad and a slice of toasted wheat sourdough bread. Even the kids ate about half of their salad.

No time for a run tomorrow. I get the car tomorrow since I need to take some things to a consignment sale. I still have to finish getting those items ready.

Barb - Sounds like you've got a full week! And I love the new outfit!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Yeah Stacey, we need to see your new hair!! I need a cut badly, I've never dyed or highlighted my hair before, but I'm considering it the more and more gray strands I see, even though I love my hair color and don't really want to change it

I am really bad at getting my water in, maybe that's why I'm in a stand still? I should probably cut out the coffee too, but it's so hard!! LOL

Nicole and Amy, have fun painting! Wish I lived nearby, I would so help you! I love love love to paint :)

Nicole ~ Thanks for the advice! I wish you were running the half with me too, I really like running with people, even if we don't talk, it helps keep me motivated! And I hope you're right about the plateau, that would be awesome!!

SweetG ~ What are you getting a degree in? We're happy to have you here!

Barb ~ Sounds like you had a great weekend and lots of fun on your date!

Amy ~ You can totally do a 5k in March! Keep it up!

I woke up at 5am this morning to get a 5 mile run in, I knew I wouldn't get it in any other way...ugh, I'm exhausted now. My legs felt like lead, but at least I did it. I needed to do it though, tonight is Cooking Club night, and all that food...
  • nicolee516
    Options
    SweetG- Good luck with school!

Barb- you definitely have your week planned! That's so cool! Aslo..I am glad you had fun at the club! You and hubby definitely need that.

Amy- That's ok if you don't get your run in today. You don't have to run everyday...and you are doing amazing! Those colors sound cool for a little girls room!

Katie-I know what you mean by just having someone there to motivate you. That is how it has been with me and running with the XC team. As the season goes on, I am not able to run with them as much because of timing them etc...so i have to do more runs by myself....ugh...it is sooooooooomuch harder to get back into running by myself!!!!!!! Good job on the 5 miler!

AS for me...I only baked one loaf of bread yesterday...so I need to bake another one today. I tried a new recipe, then fam didn't like it as much. So I will go back to the old tried and true. I haven't started painting yet...I would sure love to have your help Katie!!!!!!!!!!! I did cross stitch for an hour yesterday! I am going to do another hour today!

Here's to a great day ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Amy-Thanks. I got the two tops (the cami and sweater), and the earrings and necklace at the Deb in the mall and then pants and shoes that you can't see, lol but are really cute at K-Mart and I got the whole outfit everything on sale and its all one size smaller than last year :) Keep up the good work, too, you can do it!!

Kat-Thanks, we did have fun and it was a good weekend (One of the best and definitely made me forgot about the weekend before.

Nicolee-Yes, this past week was definitely needed and like I said, every other month we are going to get a weekend out and I'm thinking, we'll be hitting the club for something different and some more fun (as its much needed for me and hubby!)

This week a few things got changed..Today I walked 4 miles (2.5 miles this morning by myself and then 1.5 with my friend (she was in pain so we couldn't do our full 2.5 today) ).

Then tomorrow, helping a friend's hubby plan smth special for their anniversary this month and then errands and bills.

Thursday-2.5 riverwalk and lunch with my other friend

Friday-2.5 riverwalk

Saturday-Bowling Party

Sunday-Corn maze/Hay ride in the morning, taking hubby's half brother and our daugher to the haunted house in Niles, Michigan and Hayride (Hubby and his brother are doing the house, then all 4 of us will be doing the hayride there).

How's everyone else doing? I weighed in this morning and I gained my 1lb back (probably from the drinks over the weekend, lol, but the fun was needed, so I'll just work that right back off, hehe)

Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday:heart::flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Morning everyone! I hope your day is great! I am hoping to start a little painting today....didn't get to it yet, but I spent 2 hours on the cross stitch yesterday!:drinker: I will spend another hour today!

I am hoping to run tonight...Now is the time of the season when I don't get to run with the kids as much, so now I have to start running on my own again.:cry:
  • MOM4CHRIST
    Options
    Hey ladies, life has been insane crazy the last couple of weeks. I always think things are going to settle down but it just doesn't seem to happen. I need to learn how to say no but I haven't figured out what to say no too. I have made a list and it all seems so important right now.

Last night was supposed to be my night to stay home and get caught up on house work. Instead I was at the school yesterday morning helping with the 2nd grade on the historic walk and one of the school board members pulled me aside and asked if I had recieved her letter. I hadn't and of course what she wanted was for last night and something I couldn't pass up. The school board is working on their 5 year plan for the district and had a meeting that they had invited 50 community leaders to be at to give their input on what is going well, what needs improvement, and where we want to see our school go in the next 5 years. It was a great opportunity to influence what my kids will be doing the next few years. However that meant finding a last minute baby sitter and cramming in dinner and homework before we had to leave. I was a very productive meeting though and dh and I have been invited back later this month to come up with the goals and ways to impliment them in the following years.

So I am skipping grocery shopping today and staying home to get the house back in order before the next round of insanity. Next week is my birthday and our 11 yr anniversary! So it will be another busy weekend but atleast this time we will be making some time for ourselves!

You ladies are all doing so well with the dance videos, p90x, and the running. I have done ok with walking every morning but need to get back to logging my food.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Katie~5 am? Are you kidding me? I can't get out of bed earlier than 7 am. Go you! Way to go on the running too.

Nicole~Way to go on the cross stitch. I need an activity like that so that I can having something to do during nap time besides house work. :laugh: Good luck on running alone. I too have such a hard time working out with out someone to do it with.

Barb~that is one busy week!

Jenny~It never ceases to amaze me how much you got going! Good luck with learning how to say "no".:laugh: I think that sometimes we want to take on the world. I am just as guilty as the next person on that. Have you tried to plan out your meals and then log before you actually eat?

Well as for me not much going on here it's kind of "dead". As "dead" as it can be at my house. I have started to baby sit my friends two boys one is 3 and the other 5. I have the 3 yo from 8-3:45 and the 5 yo from 12-3:45. I gives me 2 and 3 yo a playmate and my 5 yo a playmate as well. My goals for this week are to get in my water and to wake up early to do P90X with the hubby. Hope you ladies are having a great week.:smile:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    just quick popping in. congrats to blue for walking and katie and amy on your runs!
    i'm in my workout gear---just no workout yet :(

i will take pics soon. i have to download the camera--maybe that should be on my today list?

nicole, here's another link for ideas
    http://homeschoolblogger.com/tn3jcarter/736149/ ---homemade caramel popcorn could be fun and easy!

QQQQQ---how do you get your almost 4 yr old boy to poop on the potty??? he wants a diaper, i told him they're all gone, and he already knows he will get a small train each time he poops on the potty (trains from zoob tube at michaels). he sat a long time and i read books to him. but still....no poop.
    other suggestions? more juice so he HAS to go? he already gets skittles for sitting on the potty and peeing on it (as opposed to going outside to pee on the grass! hehe). so it has to be a bigger motivation.....

i would love the mommy input!

later chickadees!