Any 90's grunge, punk or rock fans out there?

Options

Replies

• BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Loving this Thread- everyone add me. No seiously, I'm not joking, f*cking add me. Oi, why haven't you added me yet?
    Last 3 years I've seen Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and NIN and it's still awesome stuff - even after 20 years
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Let's see who's local...?
    Terrorvision
    Therapy.
    The Wildhearts.
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for the 90's grunge fashion to come back in style. I LOVED that stuff. Heavy black eye makeup, messy (but sexy) hair, pleated school-girl skirts, gothic boots, pin striped vests, etc etc. But eh, who am I kidding. I still dress like that on occasion :P

I dig your music list as well. I often find my iTunes is stuck back in the 90's punk rock era too! Rock on sistah! :drinker:

Wait you mean it's not??!! :embarassed:
  • Shelley6591
    Options
    Loving this Thread- everyone add me. No seiously, I'm not joking, f*cking add me. Oi, why haven't you added me yet?
    Last 3 years I've seen Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and NIN and it's still awesome stuff - even after 20 years

Seriously???!! I am so jealous!!!!! I just qualified to win tickets to Berlin to see Pearl Jam with a local radio show, I've been day dreaming ever since... I am a HUGE Pearl Jam fan! Have been since the beginning. I love NIN and the Foo fighters too, I have a Foo fighters shirt enroute now, so excited! I only listen to this stuff, I subscribe to Sirius only for PJ radio and Lithium...
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I don’t think anyone has mentioned The Refreshments, but Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big and Buzzy is a great album, top to bottom.
  • LFernan85
    LFernan85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I dig on Silverchair and Rage Against the Machine!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Spin off from the other post, just wondering.

Obviously you can tell by my sn I like Social Distortion... lol

I also dig...
    Alice in Chains
    Bad religion
    Blues Traveler
    Bush
    Counting Crows
    Crossfade,
    Flogging Molly
    Foo Fighters
    Old Green Day
    Marilyn Manson
    NIN
    Nirvana
    The Offspring
    System of a Down
    Seether
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Stone temple pilots
    Sublime
    Temple of a Dog
    Third eye blind
    Tool

And I am sure they are more I have forgotten... What bands do you like?

So I just deleted the ones from your list that I either never heard of, or didn't care for. 90s rock/alternative bands that I loved and weren't on your list:
    Mother Love Bone
    Pearl Jam (formerly known as Mother Love Bone)
    Jane's Addiction
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Blind Melon
    Danzig
    Pantera
    White Zombie
    Soundgarden

I started off the 90s in high school, then college, then with two babies in '97 and '99. Fun times, the 90s.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    90's child through and through. I always have their music on my pod!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Jeff Buckley
    Depeche More
    Live - Lighting Crashes
    The Verve - Bittersweet symphony
    White Zombie
    U2
    Red House Painters
    Cranberries
    Oasis
    Mazzy Star

I think a lot of mine are more alternative rock but yeah...loved Tool, Bush, and Deftones as well

Was Depeche Mode still around in the 90s? I think of them as an 80s band, otherwise, add them to my list.
  • Bun_Ya
    Bun_Ya Posts: 174
    Options
    So much YES ITT!

In particular AIC!!!
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I dig on Silverchair and Rage Against the Machine!

SILVERCHAIR! Awesome. Tomorrow is heavy on my Jukebox Must-Plays.

PS - Always looking for new, like-minded friends - feel free to add me!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Violent Femmes

Faith No More
    Screaming Trees
    4 Non-Blondes

OMG! Totally forgot about these!

"Why can't I get just one screw? Why can't I get just one screw?"

AND

"When I'm a walkin' I strut my stuff. Man, I'm so strung out. I'm high as a kite, and I just might, stop to check you out.."

:laugh:
    881586.gif
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    All great bands and I love today's punk, alternative, shoot actually everything but rock, alt, grunge, etc are my roots. Friend me music fans and rockin supporters. :D
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yep, I usually just listen to the Lithium channel on Sirius all day
  • Bun_Ya
    Options
    I just thought, people in this thread are going to be the only ones who would even have a clue where my avatar is from. Any guesses?
  • AirborneEd
    Options
    Chris Cornell Rules, still listen to Audioslave when working out............. and Tool, Aenima was a great Psych Up album before a jump!
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Huge Green Day fan right. Also a lover of metal, screamo, almost any kind of punk rock, and Classic Rock.
  • Shelley6591
    Options
    Is it weird I fought it for awhile and a few years ago decided hey other people have their 'oldies' this will be mine, I give up on the new stuff unless it's from these old groups. I like Puddle of Mudd too, anything hard and full of angst I'm in. One of my biggest regrets is not taking off to follow the scene back in the 90's but I guess I was still on the younger side, just as well I'm sure I would have been thrown in jail for stalking Eddie Vedder...

This thread is giving me ideas of more songs for my play list, Marilyn Manson for one, reminds me of a party I went to in high school, Beautiful people came on and people went so crazy the deck fell off the house :frown: My kids are younger and we listen to my stuff all the time, I'm sure they will like country or rap right :mad:
  • Shelley6591
    Options
    I just thought, people in this thread are going to be the only ones who would even have a clue where my avatar is from. Any guesses?

Soundgarden, Black hole sun
  • Bun_Ya
    Options

Soundgarden, Black hole sun
    Ding ding ding! 1000 internet points for you!!