RIP Ultimate Warrior

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
"One day every man's heart beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath, and if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make what the man did live forever" --The Ultimate Warrior, Monday Night Raw, April 7th, 2014

That was from Monday night after being inducted into the WWE HoF Saturday, then appearing on Wrestlemania XXX on Sunday. Today, he's passed.

A legend and icon of the wrestling business. Thoughts go out to his family.

Replies

• PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Dude was jacked. 54 is young

uw-2124962.jpg
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    Damn, that was sudden! One of my favorite wrestlers :(
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I used to dress up as him on Halloweens :/
  • joehempel
    Options
    No details on why, but I assume it's going to be heart related.

After watching him during the HoF ceremony where he seemed to make peace with a lot of things, and on Wrestlemania XXX and RAW, he definitely didn't look right, but I just figured it was Warrior, not his health.

A huge huge shock.
  • PghPensFan69
    Options
    I haven't followed wrestling in many many years, but he was one of my favorites when I watched. Him and Big Poppa Pump
  • joehempel
    Options
    Not a Steiner fan, unless you count the 80's, after that he just couldn't wrestle at all.

Ultimate Warrior was larger than life...back in the day you were either a Hogan fan, or a Warrior fan, and sometimes both...going to check out Wrestlemania VI on the WWE Network tonight to watch that epic Title vs Title match against Hogan.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    9:52 PM PT -- Officials tell TMZ ... Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife.

Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.
    update-grey-gray-bar

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2yMeNhoZn
  • PghPensFan69
    Options
    To be totally honest with you, I never cared about the actual wrestling. For me I just rooted for the guys I wanted to be ripped like
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    WarriorSplash.gif

RIP
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Wrestlemania VI was on my 10th birthday. It was the first time I got to watch a wrestling PPV. Man. Thank you for the memories. Rest in peace.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'll never forget Wrestlemania VI. Man, those days practically defined my late-80s world.

RIP Warrior.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    "The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!" - His last words on RAW

I still can't believe it. The wrestling world continues to be in shock. It's like he released his spirit to the wrestling gods as he stood in the middle of the ring on RAW and the body can't live without the soul. Rest in peace, Ultimate Warrior.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    One of my all time favorite wrestlers. RIP
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I just watched him on Raw last night! This is insane. All the wrestlers tweeting are at a complete loss and in total shock. It was so sudden..
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Gutted :(
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Ah man, I just had to tell my husband that his all-time favorite wrestler passed away. Truly sad. So glad he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame before passing. He deserved it. Loved watching the man wrestle.

RIP Ultimate Warrior.
  • joehempel
    Options
    I truly think that he and the WWE officials knew something was up and did all this before his time.....I guess we just didn't know how close his time was :(
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Sad!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I truly think that he and the WWE officials knew something was up and did all this before his time.....I guess we just didn't know how close his time was :(

I was just having the same thoughts.
  • joehempel
    Options
    The sad thing is, when I first heard this, I had thought that it was a joke, another fake death from all my friends on facebook....so I kind of joked about him collapsing after being blown up from going to the ring and back because he was gassed after his entrance in his days.....was even more shocked when I realized that it was real.