RIP Ultimate Warrior

Options

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I truly think that he and the WWE officials knew something was up and did all this before his time.....I guess we just didn't know how close his time was :(

No one could've predicted this. Triple H had been working on mending ties with Warrior for quite awhile. He did the same thing with Bruno Sammartino, which is why Sammartino finally agreed to be inducted into the Hall of Fame last year.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I disagree...I think they BOTH knew SOMETHING was going on...he didn't look good during the HoF ceremony, or at RAW.....I think this was their way of mending things, and letting him speak to the WWE universe.

I think they both knew his time was short, but I don't think they knew that THIS was happening so soon. Maybe since he got everything off his chest and addressed the universe one more time, he decided that it was his time...I dunno...I'm saddened about this regardless of it.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Geez. . .
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    ^ Go to sleep!?!
    Eta- oops. Just read your post. I'm sorry!
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!" - His last words on RAW

I still can't believe it. The wrestling world continues to be in shock. It's like he released his spirit to the wrestling gods as he stood in the middle of the ring on RAW and the body can't live without the soul. Rest in peace, Ultimate Warrior.
    my brother and I said nearly the same thing! it's insane. it's like some people just finish up their business and then it's okay for them to go.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Yeah....just weird....I really feel for his wife and daughters....from what I gathered, he was a really great family man.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    my friend used to inject steroids to help him lift heavier & look stronger, a great guy, he died 2 years ago aged 57 from an untreatable heart muscle infection caused by a virus brought in via the needle.

when you get to Warrior's (and my) age longevity takes on a new seriousness, you lose the sense of invincibility you have when young gradually over the years.

Warrior entertained me greatly 25 years ago, if nothing else we could use his memory to learn to live healthily, we only get one shot down here.
  • joehempel
    Options
    exactly.....I've worked in the business for about 12 years, and I've met many many people, and watched many many people die in that short time. From 24 year olds, to 54 year olds.

Back in the 80's those guys lived like rock stars, and are paying the price now.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Not a Steiner fan, unless you count the 80's, after that he just couldn't wrestle at all.

Ultimate Warrior was larger than life...back in the day you were either a Hogan fan, or a Warrior fan, and sometimes both...going to check out Wrestlemania VI on the WWE Network tonight to watch that epic Title vs Title match against Hogan.

I was a Savage fan back in the day, but Warrior > Hogan for me every time!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    How sad. I only mention him in a message to another MFP Member 2 days ado.

The way he used to shake that rope - ah the memories.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    He was my favourite as a kid!

tumblr_mb7420Au4Y1qa6za8o1_400.gif
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    He was my fav as a kid....til Stone Cold came around

Crazy thing is I watched his Induction speech on Mondday.....sad day for the community
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Not a wrestling fan, but so sad to hear of the loss so soon after receiving such amazing accolades.

My condolences to his fans.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I was seriously shocked by this. I had just spent Wrestlemania weekend on the WWE Network with my kids, showing them a lot of the older matches so they understood just who the Ultimate Warrior is/was (as well as the others being inducted). My sone spent 2 hours wrestling around the rec rom as the Ultimate Warrior after that. So sad to hear the news. :cry:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Such sad news today. I have so many childhood memories that involved wrestling. Steroids do such awful things to the body :cry:

RIP Ultimate Warrior
  • As a wrestling fan for 30+ years its sad to see one of my favorites as a kid pass away at such a young age. That being said, by all accounts, he was a real A-hole to most everyone he worked with and to his fans. Bret Hart wrote in his book how a kid who was on his deathbed waited all night to meet him at a show once. He was apparently very sick, dying of cancer, lying on a gurney outside the dressing room all night in facepaint and tassles on his arm. Warrior never took 5 minutes of his time all night to meet the kid and his family. When you look at how many wishes John Cena has granted through the Make-A-Wish foundation it makes him look that much horrible.

I'm not saying people don't change, and from what I've been reading he was a great family man to his wife and kids, but after reading about the behind the scenes crap he pulled in the late 80's/early 90's its a hard pill to swallow.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    As a wrestling fan for 30+ years its sad to see one of my favorites as a kid pass away at such a young age. That being said, by all accounts, he was a real A-hole to most everyone he worked with and to his fans. Bret Hart wrote in his book how a kid who was on his deathbed waited all night to meet him at a show once. He was apparently very sick, dying of cancer, lying on a gurney outside the dressing room all night in facepaint and tassles on his arm. Warrior never took 5 minutes of his time all night to meet the kid and his family. When you look at how many wishes John Cena has granted through the Make-A-Wish foundation it makes him look that much horrible.

I'm not saying people don't change, and from what I've been reading he was a great family man to his wife and kids, but after reading about the behind the scenes crap he pulled in the late 80's/early 90's its a hard pill to swallow.

A. Unless you were there, you can't really know for sure what happened.

B. You shouldn't speak ill of the dead. What might people say about you after you are gone?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    hasn't there been other wrestlers named the ultimate warroir that have died in the past?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    He was one of my favourite wrestlers as a kid :sad:
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    hasn't there been other wrestlers named the ultimate warroir that have died in the past?

No, there was a fake story/rumor that he died a few years ago.