Unconditional Support Group - October!

Options
Hey all you USG'ers!! I thought I'd start a new thread for the month to make it easier for us to find each other.

I have 2 weeks til vacation and 1lb to go for my goal before I leave so I think I'm doing pretty darn good :)

How is everyone doing so far today?

Debi

Replies

• SMJ64
    SMJ64 Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the site...is there a formal way to join the Unconditional Support Group? Let me know.

I'm struggling with energy fluxuations and feeling overwhelmed. It's taking all my energy to keep calm so I can be present and not eat junk. Having said that...I DO feel quite optimistic about the week though and hope to follow through on my intentions.

Thanks and good luck to everyone this month!

sj:flowerforyou:
  • debidoodle
    Options
    Hi there :) The only formal thing you need to do to join the USG is to dress up like a pirate, jump up and down on your peg leg and shout "AAAAYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE CAN DO THIS!"

Ha! Just kidding ... there is nothing formal about this group. We just wanted a place where nobody gets slammed for the methods they are using to lose weight and get healthy.

Sorry to hear you are feeling overwhelmed! I know the feeling, that is for sure. That is great you are feeling optimistic and I'm sure you will do great. If you feel the urge to eat junk, come post here instead :)

Debi
  • SMJ64
    SMJ64 Posts: 66
    Options
    LOL! I can do the pirate thing no problem...I even want to! Hehe...thanks for the welcome. It's nice to have non-judgemental support.

Did you really lose 99lbs? that blows my mind! congrats! :flowerforyou:

:)
    sarah
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Glad there is some activity here. A rainy Monday and I have munchies big time. I'm working a lot today, so that keeps me away from the food. Debi, your goal is within reach! It is right here! Your vacation will be terrific!
    Hi to Sarah! I agree that a 99 pound weight loss is absolutely mind blowing! A good motivator for some of us.
    Have a good day!
  • Krymsen
    Krymsen Posts: 72
    Options
    Hey!

I have been watching the posts in this forum for a while I was on this site before but because of my binging and gaining some of my weight loss I left the site becasue I was so angry with myself for letting go. I have lost 100 pounds since July of 09. At the begining of Sept. I had lost 125 so I'm up 25 pounds it makes my so mad 25 pounds in one month. I have lost sight of my goal and just excerise for work I do early morning papers. 2 hours a day I do 1 hour of walking and 1 hour of jogging. I also hurt my knee so that set back too. I feel like crap and could use some surport to get back on track. O we will not go there with the eating I have been eating like crap. Eating almost all day long it really sucks. I feel so bad about myself and I'm not getting any suport from family or friends. So any kind surport would be great and any thoughts on how I can get back on the wagon whould be great tks!
  • debidoodle
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to you all :)

I went to the dentist yesterday and had a good report ... no cavities! Plus my dentist was all "wow! you are like the incredible shrinking woman!" which of course always makes me feel good.

Sarah - yes, I have really lost 99lbs. My highest was 286 and right now i'm 187. My ultimate goal is to be 150-155, anything under 160 is a healthy weight for my height/frame. It certainly hasn't been easy, but it has definitely been worth it.

Jan - sorry you had the munchies yesterday, believe me I know how that goes! Where do you live that you were having rain? I wish we would get some here in TX. And thanks, I'm really looking forward to vacation!

Krymsen - welcome! Let go of the anger of what has happened in the past and move forward. It is definitely a daily battle and it is all too easy to slip up - we've all been there! Good job on the walking and jogging!!!! Make it a point to say no to 1 thing that you didn't say no to yesterday. The smallest things will get you moving again. You can do it!!

Hang in there everyone! And please post often, you never know when your words will help someone else find the courage they need to keep going :)

Debi
  • amj56
    amj56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awesome! NO doubt you will make that. I am doing better. Like the cooler weather. Except can't use the pool so now I have to walk or ride bike. I have 62 days till my vacation and I want to lose 18 lbs. before I go. So need to step up the pace. But if I get close I will be happy too.

Ann:drinker:
  • amj56
    Options
    When you slip move on. Halloween candy is out and I just a some M&M's and that's over with and now I am moving on. Wanted then had some and now I am done.:glasses:
  • debidoodle
    Options
    OMG Ann, I did too! Had some M&M's today. Definitely more than I should have - but I'm not going to beat myself up. What's done is done, and I'll do better tomorrow.

Debi
  • profjan6
    Options
    The Halloween candy is everywhere! Like a bad dream, it just keeps haunting me. I'm not even a big candy eater. I prefer food! But all this good stuff around is really tough to pass up. I'm trying hard. We bought some for the holiday but my husband hid it somewhere. I won't go searching.....I won't! Does anyone like to bake? I enjoy it and sometimes that it just as difficult. Hang in there everyone!
  • amj56
    Options
    I love to bake. At christmas I bake up a storm but you know I never try it. I always box it up and put in the freezer or in tins and hide in the cupboard or pantry. Then take them out at holiday time or to make the neighbors a tray. I do not find that hard.

However, a bag of M&m's in the candy dish I have to have some. I buy the dark choc ones.

I have always been a junk food person especially choc. Here lately I am a starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte person. I love these. but have limited myself to 1 every other week.. I think you have to be able to live and eat healthy at the same time. Might have to walk another mile but its worth it.

Just my opinions and what works for me.
    Ann
  • amj56
    Options
    You are so right! I feel better and then I am done and moving on. Have a Great Day!!!

Ann
  • debidoodle
    Options
    Morning friends! Well, actually I guess it is already afternoon isn't it!! :)

Yesterday I had to do some shopping at Target during lunch and ran around a little after that and by the time I got home I saw that my steps were a lot more than usual on regular days. That was a great feeling! I am loving my new pedometer and can't wait to check it in the evenings to see how I did that day.

This morning I was teetering on the scale between 99lbs lost and 99.5lbs ... so hopefully it will move tomorrow!

How is everyone doing today???

Debi
  • amj56
    Options
    Deb, what type of pedometer did you get? I played 18 holes of golf yesterday. Did alot of walking and riding and swinging.

Ann
  • debidoodle
    Options
    Hey Ann - I got the Omron HJ-151 from Amazon. Here's a link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-151-Pedometer-Aerobic-Activity/dp/B000MN94A2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1286398207&sr=8-3

How'd you do on your golf? I don't play but my grandfather did so I'm at least familiar with it :)

Debi
  • profjan6
    Options
    Hi Ann, Debi, and other USGs...beautiful day here in NJ. Feeling kind of sick today with a sore throat. I might be getting a cold. Going away for the weekend so I want to feel ok! I'll be in Boston visiting my son and we like to walk around a lot. It is great exercise for me! Been doing fine with the meals, and I'm glad about that. I did eat some soup that was a bit higher in carbs than I'd like, but it worked out ok. I ordered a pedometer and am waiting for it. Will be curious how much walking I do! Have a wonderful day
  • amj56
    Options
    Well for 18 holes par is 70 and I shot a 126. So that tells you that I am not very good. I shot a 71 on the first 9 holes. But we have fun going and I am getting better.

Ann
  • amj56
    Options
    Where in NJ do you live? I was born and raised in CT but now live in Texas. Which I love the weather here VERY MUCH> Miss the changing colors of the trees.
    The pedometer does help and can be addictive watching how many steps you take. Mine has calories burned too so thats another good thing.

Have a good weekend in Boston.
  • profjan6
    Options
    Hey Ann, I am in northern NJ about 10 minutes from NYC. No leaf turning here just yet, but maybe we will see some on our drive up north. I look forward to the pedometer to see how I'm doing. I see people with them all over the place!
  • amj56
    Options
    The Pedometer can be addictive, you keep want to see the number go up and the calories too.

Ann