what did you sacrifice for better health?

Options
Many people say not to deprive yourself of anything because in the end it will make you binge, but in my case if I don't stay away from certain things I binge anyways. I want to know what have you sacrificed for better health? Your weekly date night? Fast food? Drinks with the pals? Going to bed earlier and missing your favorite show? What did you give up and are you happy you did? I want to jear something motivational this morning!

Replies

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Only thing I've sacrificed is eating whatever I wanted, when I wanted and in whatever quantity I wanted. Now my eating is always mindful of my calorie goal.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed sleeping longer in the morning and grabbing a takeout breakfast for getting my bum out of bed and cooking a healthy one. I save money not spending $5 a day on coffee and a sandwich and I feel fuller longer and I'm eating more food for less calories. :drinker:

I also sacrificed my afternoon tv shows while lounging with my dog for a rump kicking workout session at my gym. :sad:

Its all about time for me, I don't find it I make it and that does take some sacrifice but at the end of the day it's totally worth it. :love:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed mindless, careless eating. And it's not like I can go back now, because I know too much. :laugh:
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Only thing I've sacrificed is eating whatever I wanted, when I wanted and in whatever quantity I wanted. Now my eating is always mindful of my calorie goal.

Same...I have a 6'4 150 lb fiancee who eats ALL OF THE TIME and I started to catch up with what he was eating...I NEEDED this site as a reality check!
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed having a dairy queen large 1400 calorie blizzard every day.

And now it tastes weird to me so I can't enjoy them any more :(

Same with my premium ice cream parlor (marble slab)

#firstworldproblems #notcomplaining
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed stupid thinking for better health. There was a time many years ago I thought I could eat 3000 calories a day and whine about wanting to lose weight. When I did decided to try, I half-assed it and ate once a day, took Metabolife, or Slim Fast without exercise or water. I never bothered to spend 5 minutes educating myself on the proper means to a healthy weight loss plan. Since taking my head out of my *kitten* and the sand, I couldn't be happier. It gets old after a while so you either going to do it or not do it.
  • Pensworth
    Pensworth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can no longer deflect the concerns around my health, hoping they will go away on their own if I ignore them and pretend they don't exist. This includes refusing to acknowledge the negative effects that some of my habits have on me, like gorging on food or refusing to go to the gym. I try to take a more proactive approach to my health now. This can be a little tiring at times, but the benefits can't be argued. It may be a pain to get up and actually do things, or deliberately stop myself in the middle of a food-fest, but these things were never worth preserving in the first place. I am sacrificing laziness stemming from negative feelings, in exchange for a more responsible approach... Seems fair enough.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Sleeping in :grumble:

But I like to get it out of the way to enjoy my day after work.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

But... Pumpkin Pie Blizzards!!!! :sad:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I've given up many a sleeping in to get up and run or work out. I've given up garage space for a power rack and bench and stuff. I've given up two shelves in my closet for running clothes (mostly socks).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed mindless, careless eating. And it's not like I can go back now, because I know too much. :laugh:

This...it's the only thing...
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    Gave up drinking and eating crap food/sugar
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    You can't out work a bad diet
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options

But... Pumpkin Pie Blizzards!!!! :sad:

Well for me it was midnight truffle with cookie dough in it, but the flavors are off for me now :(
    I've been thinking this week actually of grabbing a mini to taste test. Even tho it tastes off I still get cravings for it lol.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Overeating everything. Really not a sacrifice, more like saving and/or extending my life.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've truly sacrificed anything I want. I have less of some things I used to have and I think about everything I'm putting in my mouth, but If I really want it, I fit it in my goals for the day. My husband, however, is feeling rather hard done by with healthier food I've been cooking, so maybe I should have let him answer this one:wink:
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am 'trying' to sacrifice wine for better health.......its a work in progress!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    My sun room where I used to sit and read. It's now a home gym with a bench, rack, & barbell.
  • greytniki
    greytniki Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What have I sacraficed inmy journey? Well I sacraficed time that I would have spent laying around doing nothing for getting up and moving. I've missed a couple naps, I've swapped peanut buster parfaits once a week for small hot fudge sundaes with spanish peanuts every now and then. I've swapped feeling lethargic and tired and drained and cranky for being energized and joyful and motivated. I've swapped not caring about myself because if I cared to much I'd have to admit how much I hated myself and how I looked for being content with the changes my body has made and continues to make and being excited to buy new clothes and even clothes in "normal people" sizes. I've sacraficed the enduring of some pain because for me physical activity means pain but it also makes me stronger.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I gave up the "I can do it tomorrow" mindset, take out/ordering in, laziness and carelessness oh and margaritas!! Those were my biggest weakness!

I have a new way of looking at food and drinks. I enjoy the energy I now have and money in my wallet!