Any Pit bull owners in here?

Options
13»

Replies

• 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have a mutt that my sister and brother-in-law found on the side of the road. A few people have said she looks like she has some pit in her. What do y'all think?

d011df14f37780a2af2ff9d441d63aea_zps595508ee.jpg
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

She saved my mom from an attacker in our own backyard. Who knows what would have happened if my big lover of a dog didn't chase the assailant out of our yard. **Edit to add that my sweet girl took a brick to the face and kept pursuing until the guy had fled. We had never seen her show her teeth or growl before that. She guarded my mom day and night for the rest of her days after that. Most loyal dog ever.

This gave me chills. My husband had a friend growing up that had a Siberian Huskey that was aggressive towards everyone that didn't live in their house. It was locked up any time someone came over because it had attacked guests. Apparently they had considered putting the dog down several times but couldn't come to do it. My husband's friend's mom was recently divorced and owned a bar so she would come home after closing by herself. One night, one of her bar patrons decided to follow her home and try to rape her. The dog attacked and killed the guy. (Not a Pit Bull)

One time my husband and I were at a friend of a friend's house and they had an English Mastiff, which is known for its gentle temperment. We sat on the couch and the dog came over to me. I let him sniff my hand and then I petted him. The dog walked over to my husband, he let him sniff his hand and then petted him, and the dog lunged forward and bit my husband in the face. He has 3 lovely scars from that gentle giant. Had the bite been 1/8 of an inch higher my husband would have lost an eye.

I've had dogs of all breeds growing up. Literally from Chihuahuas to Great Danes. I've had Dobermans, Rottweilers, Mastiffs, Mutts... Now within my family we have Standard Poodles, a Boxer, I have 2 Jack Russells and my sister has a Pit. Not once has any of them ever been aggressive or dangerous (with the exception of the occasional dog fight over a bone or toy or something.)

It is all in how they're raised.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything against Pit Bull, just some of the Pit Bull owners.

Seems to be the dog of choice for wannabe thugs in the area I live.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I have a mutt that my sister and brother-in-law found on the side of the road. A few people have said she looks like she has some pit in her. What do y'all think?

d011df14f37780a2af2ff9d441d63aea_zps595508ee.jpg

Gorgeous! Pit/Aussie perhaps? What a sweet face!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    The post about the girl attacked is bull. Dogs bite because people do things that make the dogs nervous or scared!!! It's nothing to do with the breed of dog. I have three purebred a and two mixes and never been attacked. My boyfriend had 15 at one time and never had an issue from them. It's all in how you approach them and how you raise them.

tumblr_n3oj621O9N1qf8btso1_500.gif
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yup! Mine will be 5 next month. They are VERY high energy, stubborn and determined but they are very smart. So smart sometimes that I swear to God Sam does stuff just to piss me off. But, he's the biggest cuddler ever. He has to be next to someone and under the blankets in order to sleep. Also, since their fur is on the short side they tend to be one of the more allergy prone dogs.

Best. Dogs. Ever. :heart: