Ladies: what do you do for YOUR cramps?

Options
aribugg
aribugg Posts: 164 Member
I'm on a limited supply of pain killers, so i want to save them for the really bad days. I used to always settle the pain with food and coffee. idk why that worked for me, but it really helped. I dont want to stuff my face like that anymore, so im looking for some help on other ways to relieve the pain.

Sorry if this is a bit disturbing, i know it's a strange question lol.

Replies

• FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Take a warm bath, go on a walk, drink a lot of water...rest when need be! If all else fails, fetal position.
  • myuhmaya
    myuhmaya Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Get drugged up on ibuprofen, and take very long naps...sometimes snortin coke helps.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Orgasm.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Motrin and an O
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    abdominal crunches for cramps in the front and dead lifts if they're in the back.
    Cramps are essentially your uterus contracting, I find that forcing the other muscles around it to contract with exercise seems to help the most for me.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hot water bottle, lie down. I usually take 2 tylenol and 2 benadryl at night to help with the cramps and to make me go to sleep easier.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Orgasm.

This will also work :)
  • starsapart
    starsapart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried ThermaCare heating pads? They stick to the inside of your clothes (invisible!) and provide 8 hours of heat. The heat helps to relax the muscles and really helps get cramps down for me. Best part - no drugs, no food, no caffeine, no nothing!
  • Loss4TheWin
    Loss4TheWin Posts: 249
    Options
    Was thinking muscle cramps and was going to suggest potassium or approximation (hard squeezing on either side of the muscle), but I now realize I had it wrong. I don't suffer from these types of cramps...I mean, I get them, but I have a high pain tolerance and mine probably aren't as bad as some other women, so....I'll just back out of here. Good luck!
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Orgasm.

Seriously. This works.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I lay down with one of my dogs over my stomach. It sounds weird I know but they work better than heating pads! The tricky part is getting them to cooperate... That's why I have four of them, one will stay!
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    Ib profen is a definite yes, I start taking it just as I feel the cramps start. If I don't once they get bad I can not function. I also use a heating pad and take naps. I also agree with the O as well. It does help.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Orgasm.
    [/quote

Not possible when you're doubled over in pain from uterine cramps!!]
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    abdominal crunches for cramps in the front and dead lifts if they're in the back.
    Cramps are essentially your uterus contracting, I find that forcing the other muscles around it to contract with exercise seems to help the most for me.

Wow...props to you! This would absolutely kill me! I find that a hot water bottle and/or rest are the best things when I can't take something like Midol. Good luck!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Working out/moving... heating pad.... I've been told (by my Doc) that taking Primrose Oil supplements about a week before your period is due will help with the cramping but my cycle is so all over the place I never know when I'm about to start.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really makes a difference for me with period cramps is ibuprofen. Heat helps, but doesn't completely kill the pain. Ibuprofen lets me get through the day.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Orgasm.
    Hot Bath then visit the potty for "drainage".
    Heating pad but that's more messy.
    Alcohol.
    Fetal position and bite on something like your pillow.
    Yell at husband. <==this one is strangely releiving, but usually also followed by a visit to the potty. I think it gets everything moving.
    Lot's of liquids of any kind.
    Fiery hot foods b/c I think chile cures anything.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    walking. It actually helps to a HUGE degree.

I generally dont skip my exercise during that time, mostly because experience tells me that it makes it better and I dont feel too sick to workout. I take an Ibuprofen at the start cause its the only thing that works (to a small degree) and then I try to do things that dont let me focus on the pain.

My naturopath also gave me Crampbark to try. Its a root that you brew into a tea and consume the day prior and the days you experience pain. I dont like the taste though and I missed the boat last time.
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Let me ask you guys this, is an orgasm the most popular because its the most effective, or because of the obvious? lol
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Orgasm.

Not possible when you're doubled over in pain from uterine cramps!!]

still possible. but might require a Midol first.