Are 14" calves considered big

Options
For some reason I get asked all the time how I got such big calves . It never occurred to me that I did lol. maybe it's because I have small ankles and they look bigger I don't know. I measured them and they are 14" and was just curious if that is considered big.

Replies

• Bnwalker338
    Options
    And I'm 5'10"
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl and my calves are 14" and everyone always comments on them. They always say 'you're calves are huge" "I want calves like yours." I was actually insecure about them for the longest of time because I thought they were too big but now I kinda like them lol
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    I always thought mine were kind of small , so when they commented on them I was surprised lol
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have 13" calves and I don't think they are huge. I used to have 14" and never thought they were huge. As a girl, as long as they fit in over-the-knee boots I'm good. They're not huge, I'd say medium sized. Huge is 17" calves to me.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I take you 14" calves and raise you 16" calves
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    13.6 inch calves here. Just the way I am made. Seems pretty small for a guy though.
    I am tall, same height as you, so it looks ok, though my thighs are only just over 5 " bigger.
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    Lol the same here also. 5" bigger on the thigh
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of measuring calves but I just did mine and they're 19" lol
  • mailroomclerk
    Options
    For reference I guess having the same measurements to your arms is ideal for calves in the bodybuilding world. I'm about there with 16" calves/arms or close in comparison. It wasn't from hard work or anything, I was just fat for a few years to build the calves I think, lmao. Calves are really difficult to build from what I hear. Try to train heavy I suppose. Not sure! Genetics maybe.
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    I guess that's true , my arms are almost 14"
  • mailroomclerk
    Options
    I guess that's true , my arms are almost 14"

that's good symmetry then, man. it brings the aesthetic. you're on pace.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My calves are 15" and I'm really short. My legs are strong; I can outlast anyone I know (including my male cousin who is 12 years younger than I am). I'm really strong when it comes to squats and lunges... Don't know why but I love it. I didn't plan it that way but that's how it is...
    Embrace your strengths & screw what everybody else thinks!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    no…I'm a girl and mine are 16" :sad: :blushing: or were I haven't measured lately.
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    16" would look better on me lol
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am extremely envious of all of you with 14" calves. I wish I had 14" calves because I have 16" calves and can't wear cute boots. Have yet to find cute high heel boots with 16" shaft circumference. Most are wait for it....14"

So to answer the question, no I think that's small. However OP I don't know how much you want to wear knee high leather high heel boots, so my comment may not help you.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I take your 16" and raise you to 17.5".... on a 5'7'' woman no less! So... nope, 14" is a good size but in no way (IMO) what I would term as big.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    <-- 14" and I don't care if they are considered big. I used to care. I cared a lot. But then I realized that the genetic options I had were bird legs from my mother or these fine, shapely things from my father and I think I came out on top.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Mine are 14.5".. never thought anything of it.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    That is pretty normal.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    For some reason I get asked all the time how I got such big calves . It never occurred to me that I did lol. maybe it's because I have small ankles and they look bigger I don't know. I measured them and they are 14" and was just curious if that is considered big.

that's not big