Are 14" calves considered big

Options

Replies

• BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've got 12" calves... Honestly no that's not big. :) But I would assume they are rather muscular.
  • detarrevo
    detarrevo Posts: 45
    Options
    17.5" here, your 14" sound pretty good right now lol
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Mine are only 12" , all of you above are lucky.
  • mailroomclerk
    Options
    most of these females wish their calves weren't so big, omg hate inc. it's only because they are hard to lose/grow etc.

edit: i wish my chest was bigger! working on it.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh?
  • Bnwalker338
    Options
    I just started today , I weigh 151
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    <----13 1/4" beasts here
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Nope.

<--- 17" :blushing:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    My calves are 15.5, and I've been told I have sexy long legs. Plus I love my legs from the knee down lol. Its my thighs that embarrass me at 23' in. yikes!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i've never even thought of measuring my calves as a thing until i got here.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Mine are 12.75" and I would LOVE to have 14" calves! I have always thought mine were scrawny (I am 5'7" and have long, kind of gangly limbs) and would love to have more muscle. It's also hard to find things like boots and even leggings or skinny jeans that fit well in my scrawny calves but also fit my size 8 midsection.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Nope.

<--- 17" :blushing:

17 here too : )
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I have 14" calves and it has taken me two years of work to build up from 13". Woot!
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am extremely envious of all of you with 14" calves. I wish I had 14" calves because I have 16" calves and can't wear cute boots. Have yet to find cute high heel boots with 16" shaft circumference. Most are wait for it....14"

So to answer the question, no I think that's small. However OP I don't know how much you want to wear knee high leather high heel boots, so my comment may not help you.

If you look around you can find cute boots that are meant for a bigger calf. I found some for my mother! I don't remember where though. You just have to have faith and scour the interwebz.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    most of these females wish their calves weren't so big, omg hate inc. it's only because they are hard to lose/grow etc.

edit: i wish my chest was bigger! working on it.
    '

You have a nice chest...and abs:wink:
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Mine are 14.5 inches. I like my calves!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty at 5 feet and have 14 inch calves. I can't imagine being able to take much more than half an inch off but only time will tell.
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    For reference I guess having the same measurements to your arms is ideal for calves in the bodybuilding world. I'm about there with 16" calves/arms or close in comparison. It wasn't from hard work or anything, I was just fat for a few years to build the calves I think, lmao. Calves are really difficult to build from what I hear. Try to train heavy I suppose. Not sure! Genetics maybe.

I have heard this as well. Body builders prefer their arms and calves to be the same size to look symmetrical. But to answer your question, 14" calves are nowhere near big. Don't sweat it.
  • ywalchle
    ywalchle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am extremely envious of all of you with 14" calves. I wish I had 14" calves because I have 16" calves and can't wear cute boots. Have yet to find cute high heel boots with 16" shaft circumference. Most are wait for it....14"

So to answer the question, no I think that's small. However OP I don't know how much you want to wear knee high leather high heel boots, so my comment may not help you.

If you look around you can find cute boots that are meant for a bigger calf. I found some for my mother! I don't remember where though. You just have to have faith and scour the interwebz.

Torrid has amazing boots in the winter time for bigger feet and calves...
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It also makes a difference of which leg you are measuring. I am right handed so I my right leg is bigger.