Gained a pound back :cry:

Options
13»

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    If you are going to get this upset over one little pound....you are going to have one really long hard bumpy road ahead of you.

Yeah, this too. ^^

Mhmm :indifferent:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Oh stop. It's just water retention due to the sodium in your cheat day. Increase your water intake you'll pee it out in a couple of days.
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Gracious, woman, you just joined last month. Be more patient with it all. Losing weight takes time unless you're willing to chainsaw off a leg. Be diligent, be patient, be optimistic. You will reach your goals, but you'll have to deal with a couple gained pounds every once in a while. We all have, so you're in good company.

Had to chuckle at this :)
  • KittiePerry
    KittiePerry Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's only a pound! No worries! Just lose it back :)

You're bound to gain and lose weight while you eat healthier and exercise! who knows, maybe that pound is a pound of muscle you earned! :) Keep it up!
  • the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Here's some perspective. This first chart shows my weight for the first two months or so after I decided to get my weight under control. I weigh every day because I love data.

ScreenShot2012-06-13at30411PM.png

And here's my weight loss after just about a year:

chart_1_zps163d8645.png

Those fluctuations I was seeing every day don't matter as much when you're looking at the long-term trend!
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My weight goes up and down 5 pounds during the course of a day. Don't let a pound or two worry you. Get back on track and just keeping going forward. Some days you will be up and other days you will be down. Just keep plugging forward and slowly lose the weight. It will come off eventually and it will be a life style change not a diet. It will be easier to keep it off that way.

Good to know I am not the only one with such high flex of weight. anywhere from 2-5 lbs
  • luschy60
    luschy60 Posts: 6
    Options
    Shame Hon..are you feeling better? I've been there too...only been doing it since march even though I only joined MFP today. Over the weekend I 'gained' the 2.6kgs I had lost over the last 3 weeks and I was really upset about all the chocolates and cold drinks I had. Then I did some research and realized it wasn't fat that I gained - like the pp's said, its just water weight, and I am already experiencing the 'whoosh-effect'. Great feeling for someone who gets motivated by a decrease in numbers on the scale - now, I know this is where ppl want to gain, but im just offering support to this poor girl. I know what it feels like, so don't be your own worst enemy hon..:flowerforyou:
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    1 pound of fluctuation isn't a blip on the radar. This reminds me of a children's story, now run in circles screaming, The Sky is falling, The Sky is Falling. LMAO...

But on a serious note, run in those circles for 30 minutes flapping your arms and that pound (and others) will disappear............
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    First off: Troll?

Second off: Wrong Board.

Third off: look at all the lovely charts people have posted.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You gained one small pound and think YOU have a problem? Get realistic! Live doesn't live or die by one little pound. As you grow up, you will find many things in life that ARE important and matter. One pound isn't crap! Learn some ability to cope and deal with things in life. This will help put just one measly pound in better perspective.