Newbie trying to lose for best friend's wedding.

Options
2»

Replies

• lilystan
    lilystan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to measure yourself regularly. Sometimes the weight stays the same for a few days but the inches go down as everything starts to tighten up and tone. That is where I find my motivation. And Very Good Luck!
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Hi I added you. You've got plenty of time to lose it, slow and steady wins the race.
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Luckily I have a just less than a year. It's 27th March 2015. Seems strange for me to be thinking about it this early but I have fallen off the bandwagon before and I want to be able to lose slowly but surely. 55lbs in a year is realistic right?

Wow - good for you to think ahead. You're already setting yourself up for success. You're goal of 55 lbs in a year sounds very realistic. I lost 40 lbs last year by making small changes to my diet, watching my portion sizes and working out. The biggest thing is to make the changes you can live with long term & don't freak out on the days when the scale tips up a lb or two. As long as the general trend is down, you're doing the right things. By starting early you are giving yourself the ability to deal with the ups/downs, plateaus and other life events realistically.

Feel free to friend me! I'm still working away at mine, hoping to lose more lbs and inches before my friend's wedding in August.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think its great that you are thinking ahead of the game here. You are about 11 months away from your friend's wedding which gives you ample time to lose weight, tone up and get healthy--In a healthy way I should add. This gives you time to learn and keep healthy habits for long term use AND even after the wedding you will be able to continue to be healthy/fit. (I've learned the hard way that crash diets will never ever work, you gain the weight back fast and most of the time more of it)

Next year my niece will be 16 and I would like to look great for her sweet 16, the year after my daughter will be 15 and I will have to be in lots of pictures for her quinceanera-- I don't want to be the "big" girl anymore. So I am slowly changing my unhealthy habits!!

Good luck to you!
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Luckily I have a just less than a year. It's 27th March 2015. Seems strange for me to be thinking about it this early but I have fallen off the bandwagon before and I want to be able to lose slowly but surely. 55lbs in a year is realistic right?

Absolutely. That's just over a pound a week. Add me if you want.
  • keeny0991
    keeny0991 Posts: 12
    Options
    Don't forget to measure yourself regularly. Sometimes the weight stays the same for a few days but the inches go down as everything starts to tighten up and tone. That is where I find my motivation. And Very Good Luck!

I will do. Thank you. Added you. :)
  • Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Add me!!

Just found out the other day that my (only) sibling is getting married. I am beyone thrilled, but I also have weight to lose. I've already started, and am working on it too.

We can do this!!
  • brandipoo
    brandipoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. I'm in the same situation, but that I'm maid of honor and it's two weeks earlier in 2015.
  • RoxyDisaster
    RoxyDisaster Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate to you :) ADDED!
  • keeny0991
    keeny0991 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks guys. You are all awesome. So much support! <3
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm on here every day, and we can help support each other
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was my best friend's maid of honor last year, and I lost down to my high school weight for it, but I slowly gained it all back over the year, and I am struggling to at least teach myself how to lose slowly and then maintain once I get to the point that I am happy.
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I second this! Seeing inches drop can keep you going on the days that the scale is being a jerk.

Progress photos are also great motivators once you get going. Looking back, I wish I had taken more to show off my hard work but I couldn't get passed that instinct to hide from the camera. :ohwell:

Make a list of NSVs (non-scale victories) as you go. If you aren't familiar with the term, those are your own personal 'wins' that aren't related to the scale. Maybe you were able to do an exercise that you couldn't before, you suddenly discover you need a smaller size, or maybe you were able to overcome an obstacle.. whatever it is, write it down. Share it to motivate others. I find celebrating the little things makes it easier to put the bad into perspective.

(Thanks for the add!)
  • janjanorama
    janjanorama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in a simillar boat, I'm BM for my best friend in Sept, she and the other bm's are sizes 6, 8 and 10, when we first went looking for the dresses they had to order mine in an 18 : (