Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How many calories for breakfast

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    My breakfast is generally around 400 calories as I prefer to pretty much eat from about 1 PM and onto bedtime...

On the weekends I tend to have a larger breakfast though because I'm usually out and about and often skip lunch or just have a cliff bar or something.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Try to keep it around 300 or so, can be up to 400 depending on what I want.
  • ska4jesus
    ska4jesus Posts: 9 Member
    I workout @ 5 am. I usually eat 800 calories for breakfast (includes pre-workout snack and post workout shake) which is about 30 % of my total for the day... 2100 calories...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    About a third. I didn't plan it this way, but I seem to prefer eating pretty evenly balanced meals and usually don't snack.

Workouts can change this up, however, as can planned larger dinners on special occasions (or just Saturdays).
  • kaylatee0
    kaylatee0 Posts: 65 Member
    Typical weekday my breakfast is around 500cal
    ETA: My intake is 1700 average
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    600-800kcal/2750kcal
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    200-400 calories. Usually mostly protein and fat.

I used to eat carb heavy breakfasts and then I was starving by 10. Eating more protein and fat allows me to make it to lunch between noonish and one.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    I am so afraid of starting big and burning through my 1200 without my after dinner snack lol or having to be super selective with dinner.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    What percentage of everyone's daily calories do they use on breakfast? I have 1200 calories and I used 200 lately so that's about 1/6th

0%. Breakfast is my least important meal of the day. unless you count that 15g of creamer in my coffee, then .01%.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    I am so afraid of starting big and burning through my 1200 without my after dinner snack lol or having to be super selective with dinner.
    you're closer to goal, you don't have to stick to 1200 calories.
  • nicolemontagna22
    My breakfast is generally around 400 calories as I prefer to pretty much eat from about 1 PM and onto bedtime...

On the weekends I tend to have a larger breakfast though because I'm usually out and about and often skip lunch or just have a cliff bar or something.

I usually eat bigger breakfast on weekends but because I have more time to enjoy it. I eat least at lunch because I eat in grade school cafeteria so it's no where near enjoyable , then save most for dinner at home
  • nicolemontagna22

Well I lost my first 12 lbs on weight watchers eating only 950 calories a day. I didn't realize this because they use points. My body gave up after that loss and scale wouldn't budge because my body was storing fat. So I started MFP at 1200 a few weeks ago. Lost another lb or two but I think my body is still adjusting to change. So I don't want to go over 1200 by more than 35 cals.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member

Well I lost my first 12 lbs on weight watchers eating only 950 calories a day. I didn't realize this because they use points. My body gave up after that loss and scale wouldn't budge because my body was storing fat. So I started MFP at 1200 a few weeks ago. Lost another lb or two but I think my body is still adjusting to change. So I don't want to go over 1200 by more than 35 cals.

If you set the goal to 2lbs per week, it's too aggressive. Set it at 1lb, eat more, still lose.
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    200-300 for breakfast.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I don't eat breakfast. Now, elevensees is usually around 360 ish out of 2350.

me too.

zero for the official "breakfast" time frame.

I typically have between 300-500 somewhere between 1130 and 130. I only eat 7-900 during my work day. I back end load my day.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    I would say my average breakfast rings in at 0.2% of my daily calories. Black coffee.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    I eat about 300-400 calories for the most part for breakfast, but I also will have 100-200 calorie morning snack as well. I am maintaining now. When I was working on losing I was sticking to eating about 300 calories for breakfast and 100 calorie morning snack.
  • Casistrophic
    Casistrophic Posts: 26 Member
    My meal plan at college is 14 meals per week, so I don't always eat breakfast if there is something that looks really good for lunch, but all of my breakfasts have been slightly under 200 calories. I usually eat half a whole wheat bagel + some cream cheese and yogurt, or an english muffin with fruit.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    My breakfast calories range from 0-800. I eat about 2,000 calories a day. I only eat breakfast if I'm hungry. Otherwise, just coffee. I usually have a protein shake in the 300-400 calorie range, but sometimes when I have more time in the morning I make something more elaborate and caloric.
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    400-600 of my 1900 daily goal. I'm all about the morning protein.