To Cleanse or not to cleanse?? and what to do after??

Options
I recently took on a weight loss challange at my zumba fitness class. I have a month to loose all i can the natural way of course!!! I havent ever done a cleanse but i have heard they are really good and help with weight loss. I am just not sure what to do i dont want to take pills or anything i want to do this all natural. I have lost about 35lbs in 8 months but i am now stuck the scale has not moved in awhile... any advice would be wonderful!!!

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Good thing you want to do it naturally because the body cleanses itself everyday. (which is why we poop and pee) No need for extra nonsense. How long has it been since the you saw the scale go down?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Not! Your body cleanses itself all on it's own. Soap and water will take care of the rest of the cleansing that it requires

Log your food, get some exercise, eat at a reasonable calorie deficit. As you said you want to do this natural, than stay away from any of the fad diet BS.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Don't! Just maintain a deficit and you'll lose weight.
  • daniellemarie1985
    Options
    The scale hasnt moved in about 3 months.. It is so frusterating... I eat lots of veggies and fruits and protien and drink 10-12 cups of water a day i keep a log of what i eat i havent logged on her for while due to a mishap with my phone and the concrete!!! i attend zumba 4-5 times a week for an hour i am a teacher so i am on my feet all day walking. I have two children so i am always with them cleaning or playing.I just dont know what to do from here
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people hit a plateau. Sometimes people are eating more than they think. Either of these could be happening to you. If you do a cleanse, really the only thing you would lose would be water weight. That would come back when you resume normal eating habits. How many calories are eating per day? Maybe you should try a different calorie goal for a couple of weeks.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I recently took on a weight loss challange at my zumba fitness class. I have a month to loose all i can the natural way of course!!! I havent ever done a cleanse but i have heard they are really good and help with weight loss. I am just not sure what to do i dont want to take pills or anything i want to do this all natural. I have lost about 35lbs in 8 months but i am now stuck the scale has not moved in awhile... any advice would be wonderful!!!
    i am a teacher

Good god.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    The scale hasnt moved in about 3 months.. It is so frusterating... I eat lots of veggies and fruits and protien and drink 10-12 cups of water a day i keep a log of what i eat i havent logged on her for while due to a mishap with my phone and the concrete!!! i attend zumba 4-5 times a week for an hour i am a teacher so i am on my feet all day walking. I have two children so i am always with them cleaning or playing.I just dont know what to do from here

see the bold.
    If you have not been logging, you have no idea how many calories you are eating each day. (if the scale has not moved, you are not in a deficit) Start logging accurately and I suggest investing in a food scale if you don't own one. Be patient.
  • daniellemarie1985
    Options
    I am not sure what your good god remark means????
  • bonoeuf
    bonoeuf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You are a teacher
  • Robbo993
    Robbo993 Posts: 1
    Options
    To everyone who has been abusing "daniellemarie" - thanks for nothing.

The good lady asked about what it is and how to cleanse. Besides the good advice about food logging, the best she got from mostof you is patronising rubbish bordering on abuse.

She just asked a question - does anyone have a good answer? If you dont then stay quiet - everyone's journey is different.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    If you've lost 35 pounds in 8 months, you're doing just fine. It took me almost a year to lose 42 pounds, and I'm glad I did it nice and slow.

I realize some people do cleanses for spiritual reason, but to do one for weight loss is silly. You might lose 5 pounds on a week's fast, but then you gain it back once you start eating normally again.

You body naturally cleanses itself, so there is no reason for an extra added cleanse.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    To everyone who has been abusing "daniellemarie" - thanks for nothing.

The good lady asked about what it is and how to cleanse. Besides the good advice about food logging, the best she got from mostof you is patronising rubbish bordering on abuse.

She just asked a question - does anyone have a good answer? If you dont then stay quiet - everyone's journey is different.
    What? This is really your first post?

Why do you say "thanks for nothing"? Nobody has said anything to you, except for me now.

Nobody is abusing anybody.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    if you're pooping, peeing, and have a functioning set of kidneys and a liver...

then congrats, you're already naturally detoxing!
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people hit a plateau.

No, they don't. No such thing as a plateau. If you're not losing, you're eating more than you're burning.
    This may help you: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Danielle,

You say the scale isn't moving. I took a peek at your diary. Your exercise calories are WAY overestimated. Also, are you weighing your food? The answer to a stubborn scale could be underestimating food and overestimating calorie burns.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Sometimes people hit a plateau.

No, they don't. No such thing as a plateau. If you're not losing, you're eating more than you're burning.
    This may help you: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
    This is I agree with. I lost 42 pounds without ever plateauing, though someone times the scale moved a bit slower than I would have liked.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If by "cleanse" you mean poop then yes you should defecate regularly, added fiber to your diet can help there. If by cleanse you mean attempt a fad diet whereby you drink lots of juice/water and/or take some magic beans (read mystical sounding plant) or pill along with it then no you should not bother with that. You have organs to handle that for you. Let the organs do their job and you do your job of watching your food intake and getting proper exercise.