To Cleanse or not to cleanse?? and what to do after??

Options

Replies

• FTF2014
    FTF2014 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    WOW this place has a bunch of idiots. I never said prune juice unclogs arteries. Iam starting to think this forum is for a bunch of trolls. If you can't understand what I wrote then your definitely not fit to give advice. The OP didnt say weight loss cleanse ,OP meant to cleanse in general.
    Yes your body will cleanse itself if you give it the proper fiber and water amount per day. People here talk like you can eat anything and somehow your body will just sort it out.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I recently took on a weight loss challange at my zumba fitness class. I have a month to loose all i can the natural way of course!!! I havent ever done a cleanse but i have heard they are really good and help with weight loss. I am just not sure what to do i dont want to take pills or anything i want to do this all natural. I have lost about 35lbs in 8 months but i am now stuck the scale has not moved in awhile... any advice would be wonderful!!!

What others have said re the cleanse. Eat enough fibre and drink enough water and you will cleanse naturally. Psyllum husk is another good source of fibre and can be sprinkled on or added to whatever food you like.

Also what someone else (I can't remember who) said - as you lose weight you will need to adjust your BMR and TDEE calculations and consequently either eat less or excersise more because as you get lighter you don't need as many calories (unfortunately) :(
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The OP didnt say weight loss cleanse ,OP meant to cleanse in general.
    what are we cleansing again?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    If your body never needs a cleanse then why after drinking something like prune juice you go to the bathroom alo. Because there is waste ,unproccessed or decaying food in your body. If you dont eat enough fiber in a day then yes your body needs a cleanse once in while. A bunch of parrots on this website WOW!!
    If your body never needed a cleanse then your artery would never clog up , your body would do it for you. See how stupid that theory is. Now what everyone should have said is dont buy those stupid cleanse products , you can clear your system with regular high fiber foods and liquids.

I think that is what all the "parrots" have been saying …or did you miss that part ..?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    either bowels or arteries ..I am not sure anymore...
  • trogalicious
    Options
    would that be a butt-tube-o-plasty? angio-farthole-ectomy?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    this is bizarre :indifferent:

I will just say no to cleanse - I do agree with the earlier post that maybe you need to recalculate your BMR due to your weight loss, you may be eating more than you should be to continue losing.

Also get back on the weigh, measure and log bandwagon - it works :ohwell:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ndj1979
    Options

colon blow and a vacuum cleaner is my preferred method….
  • FTF2014
    Options
    Can someone direct me to the adult section? People come on here for advice not to be made fun of. I think we were cleansing your beard while were at it.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Can someone direct me to the adult section? People come on here for advice not to be made fun of. I think we were cleansing your beard while were at it.

two doors down to the right..it says "spark teens" on it…have fun ...
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    All this talk of cleansing. Are we having a cleaning party? Good, I didn't want to scrub my bathroom this weekend.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • FTF2014
    Options
    Ok cool I think they will give you a chest waxing as a bonus when you join that group.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people hit a plateau.

No, they don't. No such thing as a plateau. If you're not losing, you're eating more than you're burning.
    This may help you: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
    This is I agree with. I lost 42 pounds without ever plateauing, though someone times the scale moved a bit slower than I would have liked.

So - this is a bit off topic, but not really... wouldn't you come to a point, though, where you stopped losing weight... I mean, I would LOVE to get down to 135 - that's where I have my goal... I'm just not sure my body will let me go that low, so I'm going to try for 140 and then see how it goes, if I can get down to 135... isn't there just a point where the body says "yeah... this is it." ? (not saying that's where the OP is - I have no idea what her measurements are, etc.).

As for weight loss - my body tends to go in stair steps... holds on to weight for a few weeks and then sheds quickly all of a sudden, and then stops for awhile... but I've never gone more than 2-3 weeks without seeing a drop.

This is a LOT off topic - WNi5wIf.gif

OP, as much as you don't want to hear this, the others are correct. Your body flushes out toxins continually without your assistance or the assistance of the "detoxes." BTW, think about this: your body has to work harder to rid itself of the "detox" cr@p you are pouring into it. What do you think happens to it? It magically becomes sparkly unicorns? No, your liver and kidneys have to break it down - "detox" it and get rid of it.

Want an effective, efficient and safe way to detox your body? Eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water.

ukadpeF.gif

[edited for grammar]
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

colon blow and a vacuum cleaner is my preferred method….

hpMb9vG.jpg
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Heh..Yall..All..Want A Natural..Healthy,Wellness Cleanse?.Try..24-Day Challenge...WEIGHT LOSS..Program...DRS.Medically Tested & Created..These Products..It WORKs!!Be Healthy,Lose Weight..Keep Off Lbs..21 yr Billion Co....Sports Pros..Take It..Lots..Energy Too...70 Products Choose From....(1 yr 100% Money Back Guaranteed & Keep Products) So Def We Know You'll see Results..and Feel Great!!! Order Now ..www.advocare.com/12108991/24daychallenge

Inspirational first post.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Heh..Yall..All..Want A Natural..Healthy,Wellness Cleanse?.Try..24-Day Challenge...WEIGHT LOSS..Program...DRS.Medically Tested & Created..These Products..It WORKs!!Be Healthy,Lose Weight..Keep Off Lbs..21 yr Billion Co....Sports Pros..Take It..Lots..Energy Too...70 Products Choose From....(1 yr 100% Money Back Guaranteed & Keep Products) So Def We Know You'll see Results..and Feel Great!!! Order Now ..www.advocare.com/12108991/24daychallenge

Please.... tell me more... :indifferent:
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options

Very excitable aren't you? Welcome to the internet, we have cookies.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    WOW this place has a bunch of idiots. I never said prune juice unclogs arteries. Iam starting to think this forum is for a bunch of trolls. If you can't understand what I wrote then your definitely not fit to give advice. The OP didnt say weight loss cleanse ,OP meant to cleanse in general.
    Yes your body will cleanse itself if you give it the proper fiber and water amount per day. People here talk like you can eat anything and somehow your body will just sort it out.

Read the OP again - yes, she was talking about cleansing for weight loss, not 'cleansing in general'