Side dishes on the grill

Options
MamaFunky
MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
What are your favorite side dishes to throw on the grill?

We usually cut up squash, onions, and potatoes then drizzle with EVOO and some seasonings. Another favorite is grilled tomatoes topped with cheese....but looking for some other ideas.

Thanks in advance! :drinker:

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Grilled Asparagus - topped with EVOO, balsamic vinegar and a little sea salt. Wrap with a bit of bacon or prosciutto for extra yummy-ness
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    Thank you! That sounds great! We are having fish on the grill tonight, so that will go prefect! Love the idea of wrapping it in bacon! :smile:
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Grilled eggplant is one of my favorite foods. So tasty.
  • 867Jen5309
    867Jen5309 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Grilled zucchini is fantastic!!! We've had it twice already this week!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I marinade cut veggies - usually sweet colored pepper chunks, red onion chunks, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini - in EVOO, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice & chopped garlic. Grill in a veggie basket for a little char or in a foil pan. Yummy!
  • oBuckethead
    oBuckethead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Any grilled veggies with EVOO and salt / pepper really but we love doing corn on the cob (keep in husk) on the grill.
  • swalker725
    swalker725 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have a 1/4 sheet pan that I love using on the grill to "grill" vegetables. it makes monitoring them much easier for me. last night i threw on broccoli, bell peppers and zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. cooked that on one side of the grill while i cooked boneless, skinless chicken thighs on the other. my husband LOVED it! and, bonus, while that was all cooking, kids were playing and i did some jumping jacks and lunges to kill the time/burn some calories.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love fruit kabobs - peaches, apples, plums, nectarines, pineapple. Sooooo good! Granted it is more like dessert but it is definitely worth it.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Pineapple for sure, and I pretty much improvise all the time by throwing veggies in a foil pouch with some oil on the bottom so it doesn't stick. Sweet potato slices with cinnamon and pepper (and a bit of butter if you eat butter) is a favorite.
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    Grilled cabbage \0/
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas! I certainly plan on using them!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Hi. has to be grilled peaches, cut in half dip just flat side in small amount of melted butter, then small amount of brown sugar. Grill flat sound down . Friend from Atlanta gave me this and she said this is in the restaurants there so had to try. Very good.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    do zuchinni, cabbage, eggplant.. thick slices of onion...
    imagine how yummy , taking the grill and letting the natural sugars carmelize within the vegetable , just so good, and yeah , light brush of oil or rub with garlic ...
    so good..
    you can also top shelf grill a whole buulb of garlic for some aoli paste
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Grilled red and orange sweet peppers!
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Portobello mushroom caps brushed with evoo and crushed garlic :love:
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    Thank you all again for the suggestions! We grilled eggplant the other night and I also got some asparagus to do this weekend too.

I have never grilled cabbage before! We are going to have to try that. I actually have a head of it in the fridge now. May have to do that tonight! :drinker:

Love the grilled portabella too! We like to put a slice of tomato in it and top with cheese. YUM!! :drinker:
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cut up a small cabbage into slices 1/2 inch thick or so. Brush or spray with olive oil, sprinkle with S & P and any herb you like. Grill until browned as you like.
  • kellyj5201
    kellyj5201 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We love grilled baby red potatoes and pierogies.... i brush each side of the pierogies with a little olive oil and grill them directly on the race. For the baby reds i put down foil and a little olive oil with onions and garlic!! mmmm yummy!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Radicchio lettuce drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Poblanos stuffed with cream cheese, sharp cheddar and green onions.
  • abneeds2lose65
    Options
    Cut up potatoes with onions and EVOO

Asparagus

Mushrooms

Jalepeno/cream cheese wrapped in bacon (SO greasy but delicious)