Just Started 30 Day Shred on 10/5

Options

Replies

• amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Done Day 5, not sure if its getting easier but I sure dont have to catch my breath as often :)
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3. Such an awesome workout & I love the simplicity of it!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I just started as well, I'm on day two. I'm using 3 lb weights and wearing shoes for now, I might change it up though. Can I still join you all? Ugh! My legs are so sore!!!! Are you guys going to try to do it everyday consecutively? Are you pairing with other workouts? :happy:
  • annetten83
    Options
    I dont know how you guys do this for 30 days in a row. I did it once and the next day I was so sore I could barely move. Jillian most def. kicks your butt, lol!
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    just done day 2 on workout 1. the tops of my legs are really feeling it!!
    how long do you do 1 b4 you move to 2?
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh, I love this workout video. I started level 2 day 1 yesterday and I'm a bit sore this morning yet, but I am still going to shred today. I started level 1 with 2 lb weights and ended with using 5 lb weights. I am using my 2 lb weights for now in level 2. I shred every day.

I am noticing my arms are more toned, and I have lost a couple inches because a pair of jeans that were snug aren't now :) I am waiting until the end of level 2 to measure again.

My one word of advice, don't give up! Keep on shredding :bigsmile:
  • messyhare
    Options
    Day 4 complete! It's getting easier and I sure can feel it!! I'm thinking I am already seeing results?? Amazing...

I am just doing this every day with sporadic bike rides and walks. I want to do 30 consecutive days. My husband and I are heading to Hawaii with my sis and her hubby at the end of the month, I'm planning on bringing my dvd with me even there so that I can finish it up!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I ordered mine from Ebay today. I'm excited to get started. I don't have any other exercise routine so I'll probably be really sore. I'll try to pull through though. How many calories can you burn from it?
  • messyhare
    Options
    I ordered mine from Ebay today. I'm excited to get started. I don't have any other exercise routine so I'll probably be really sore. I'll try to pull through though. How many calories can you burn from it?
    I log it as "Circuit training, general" & it says I burn 319 calories - I think that number varies though depending on your weight? Because a friend of mine burns less calories than I do for the same things and she is just maintaining her weight.
  • CFaye
    CFaye Posts: 59
    Options
    Hi!! I just started as well, I'm on day two. I'm using 3 lb weights and wearing shoes for now, I might change it up though. Can I still join you all? Ugh! My legs are so sore!!!! Are you guys going to try to do it everyday consecutively? Are you pairing with other workouts? :happy:

join!!! I am so happy to see so many people working out with us!!!
  • CFaye
    Options
    Day 4 complete! It's getting easier and I sure can feel it!! I'm thinking I am already seeing results?? Amazing...

I am just doing this every day with sporadic bike rides and walks. I want to do 30 consecutive days. My husband and I are heading to Hawaii with my sis and her hubby at the end of the month, I'm planning on bringing my dvd with me even there so that I can finish it up!!

That is awesome!!! Keep it up!!
  • CFaye
    Options
    just done day 2 on workout 1. the tops of my legs are really feeling it!!
    how long do you do 1 b4 you move to 2?

Hi!
    I know some people do 10 days on each level, but others like to mix it up, so your muscles are always doing something different.
    I would just do what works for you, and when you feel ready move on :)
  • ka_42
    Options
    I'm going to do 10 days at each level with Sunday's off. Tonight I do day 5, level 1! It's getting easier! :)
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I log it as "Circuit training, general" & it says I burn 319 calories - I think that number varies though depending on your weight? Because a friend of mine burns less calories than I do for the same things and she is just maintaining her weight.

I wear my HRM while I am doing it and I am on level 2 and I burn roughly 267 +/- calories . I am 5'4" and my current weight is 158 lbs. Oh, and I am 41. I had to plug my weight and age into the HRM. :)
  • messyhare
    Options
    Just finished day 7! I'm so proud of myself - this is so unlike me!!! Well, let's say it's so unlike the old me :)
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Yes, it must vary, because when I did the Shred and logged it as circuit training, it said I was burning 153 calories - I'm 124 pounds, not really in it to lose, but to tone.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I just Netflix'd it and should have it today or tomorrow! I'd love to join!

Should we make this a challenge?! We could check in every day (we do the shred) to make sure we did that day and how we're feeling?

YAY! I'm excited!
  • messyhare
    Options
    Day 8 finished - I hope it's ok that I post daily!
  • ka_42
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with posting daily! I finished Level 1, day 6 last night... I'm thinking of getting some 5lb weights this weekend. My arms don't get sore with my 3lb-ers. :)
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    those of you doing the 30 day shred I would post the calorie burn as calisthenics vigorous for levels two and three this seems to be the closest match . Any other Ideas ?:happy: