I eat 51 bananas a day!

Options

Replies

• butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Damn, I like bananas but 51?!? I would puke.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Did you see her stomach after eating her smoothie!! Her body is clearly telling her this is not what it wants:sick:

I saw the pic of her stomach and thought the caption would say something about how she was pregnant and still consuming the same diet. But then I read the caption and was like WUTTTT :sick: :sick:
  • ac2285
    ac2285 Posts: 3
    Options
    freelee feels and looks great, well done to her. i love her enthusiasm and passion for helping people and sharing what she's learnt following a lifestyle she truly believes in.

high carb veganism might not resonate with everyone, but an open mind can't hurt, she's doing what feels right , and believes in it so strongly that she wants to share the experience, that's completely natural and positive however much disagreement it provokes.

we're sold far worse nutritional messages everyday, we're just so used to them that they don't ellicit the same reaction unfortunately.
  • heatheremde
    heatheremde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love freelee! Although she CAN be rude at times, she always inspires me to eat more fruit. I have watched many of her episodes on YOUtube and she has never mentioned her cycling habits in any of the episodes I have seen. I do agree that it is very misleading, but she is very passionate about people being healthy in terms of what they are eating and her opinion of healthy. I think she does have good intentions though and I love how she always makes me want fruit!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    She's skinny not even fit or in shape..... I see next to no muscle mass ...
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that she is a long distance cyclist... which explains why she can eat all those carbs.

She is a complete whacko and I wouldn't recommend that anyone survive on just fruit.

Telling people that they can eat limitless fruit and lose weight is complete nonsense and irresponsible at best.

If I remember right, Ashton Kutcher was hospitalized after trying to transition into an all-fruit diet. I believe it was severe nutrient deficiency or something. Either way, you know that she has to be just sh$#@^*g it all out any way. Did you see her stomach after eating her smoothie!! Her body is clearly telling her this is not what it wants:sick:

I remember that, he did it when he was researching for his role as Steve Jobs. He tried to do the same diet, and it just about killed him.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

You must be looking at a different person. She looks very fit. Not a ton of muscle mass but that is usually the case for endurance athletes.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, as a banana hater I should really try anyway, since it makes your boobs grow and your eyes change colour! All from the fruits, yay

Dunno, they write she used to be anorexic and suffered from bulimia, but honestly, is this a more healthy approach to food?
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Are you blind?
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

You must be looking at a different person. She looks very fit. Not a ton of muscle mass but that is usually the case for endurance athletes.

Or my opinion is different from yours? ... that kind of makes the most sense.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I imagine her electrolytes are all out of whack.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Or my opinion is different from yours? ... that kind of makes the most sense.

Lol - okay. Not sure that whether a person is fit or not is really an opinion, but whatever you wanna think.
  • herobi
    herobi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    She actually works out so much that she can eat that much. If you'd burn 3000 in the gym, you could eat that much as well ;)

actually he doesn't. She mentiones in her videos she only works out 3 times a week and is pretty lazy. I work out more than her
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Oh! And here's a banana for scale!

52b8379a1605fb0ac9000001.gif

surprise banana might be one of my top 5 favorite gifs.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I imagine her electrolytes are all out of whack.

From the sounds of it not nearly out of whack as her brain is. She should be put under observation for another eating disorder.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I look forward to reading her upcoming book, "Not Everybody Poops".
  • Hornsby
    Options
    She actually works out so much that she can eat that much. If you'd burn 3000 in the gym, you could eat that much as well ;)

actually he doesn't. She mentiones in her videos she only works out 3 times a week and is pretty lazy. I work out more than her

The interview I read with her says she runs 4-5 mornings a week as well as cycles regularly (but doesn't say how much) as well as attends dance classes.
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    Wow, as a banana hater I should really try anyway, since it makes your boobs grow and your eyes change colour! All from the fruits, yay

Dunno, they write she used to be anorexic and suffered from bulimia, but honestly, is this a more healthy approach to food?

No. But the really concerning thing to me is how many people follow her. I noticed in the article she has no credentials, and is a self proclaimed diet "guru." (Beware of anyone who proclaims themself anything, let alone a guru.) They also pointed out that eating that amount of bananas can jack up your kidneys. So hopefully none of her faithful followers have kidney disease. I think she is some kind of nuts and I imagine that her videos and crap are how she supports herself, why else would she be blending in a bikini on the regular? I can't imagine maintaining a regular job of any kind if I was making 20 banana smoothies or eating two whole pineapples or five mangos for a meal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    How can she actually eat this many calories and be stick thin..it defies science! And her advice to pack in lots of carbs?! Craaaazy.

While I think her diet is whack, one can eat a lot of calories and carbs if they are active. Endurance athletes in particular need quite a lot of carbs. I do a long ride every Saturday and I carb it up pretty much all day...on my long ride days I can eat upwards of 3,200 - 3,500 calories and still be in a calorie deficit.

Just in general I eat around 2,800 to maintain my weight and my fitness gains....I eat way more on Saturdays...usually around 4,000 calories and I carb load before, during, and after my ride.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect girl for a Gorilla

article-2601633-1CFF8BDE00000578-534_638x478.jpg

Quite the buffet

those dates look amazing mm