Cancer Sucks Group, anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Kaiden goes for his MRI/spinal tap today. Wish us luck! We start maintenance chemo tomorrow for 6 months. My son's a superhero with everything he's had to endure. Kids never cease to amaze me.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Lots of luck, Ya'll are in my prayers. Let me tell you God and prayers work wonders. When I was 12 drs told me (at Christmas) that a spot they removed was cancerous and they were sure I had more. Many many friends and family prayed and lit candles (friends of all faiths) for me. I'm now 25 and the dr's have never found anything else. I will add you to the prayer list at my church. God Bless, and know you have a whole support system here when you need us :)

I have to add this, I went to highschool with a kid (i say kid, he's an adult now) that was predicted to pass on at the age of 2, he is only 3 ft tall and has an oxygen machine, but he graduated high school is in collge and was in the top 10 of his class. Miracle happen everyday.
  • AmyBrenn
    Options
    Initial results of the MRI and spinal tap are clear!!! We might just be getting closer to saying my son is cancer free!!!
  • AmyBrenn
    Options
    Our oncologist just declared my son in REMISSION!!! No signs of cancer!!!! What a glorious day!!!
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That's just the BEST news! I'm really pleased for you all :flowerforyou:
  • PatriciaO
    Options
    I had cancer in the stomach last year and it was a terrible time for me, but my child having cancer is about the worst think that can happen to a person. My prayers are with you. I literaly am crying to read about you going thru such a think. I will pray for you and add you to my prayer chain at church. I have seen amazing things happen thru our prayer chain. Now about your weight gain, I will also pray that you can get thru this also. Weight gain will pull you now more and zap your energy. I hope you can find plenty of support here to help you thru this and plenty of ideas of things you can eat while going back and forth. One thing I am doing, no matter where i go now I carry FREEZER BAG in my car that I pack before I leave my house for any length of time. Several Bottles of water, a container of yogurt, fresh fruit and a bag of pretzels. Also I double pack in a ziplock bag a bag of ice to slip down in the bag. I slip the bag of ice back in the freezer when i get home so it is ready for the next trip out. Now I have emergency healthy foods tha tI have woked into my daily journal. Love and prayers to you
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I'm so happy for you :) You'll stay in my prayers :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry to hear your news. But I would be very game to join the support group. I lost my grandma(who took the place of my mom) as well as a close family friend(who stepped in as an auxillary mother figure) to it. I can feel anyones pain and lend a supportive ear
  • FitJoani
    Options
    Im so sorry to hear your news. But I would be very game to join the support group. I lost my grandma(who took the place of my mom) as well as a close family friend(who stepped in as an auxillary mother figure) to it. I can feel anyones pain and lend a supportive ear
  • FitJoani
    Options
  • AmyBrenn
    Options
    One year ago today, I was in the ER with my 2 1/2 year old son, Kaiden, after a brain tumor triggered the seizure that let us know he had cancer. Now he is in remission and cancer-free according to all scans and tests. He took his final dose of chemotherapy last night. What a journey this has been. Starting this year, I have been able to get back on focusing on my health so I can be healthy momma for my sweet angel, who's showed me quitting was not an option. Feel free to read my little blog I wrote a few months back. You can read more about K-man's story at the link in my tag line.

Cancer, you sucker punched us a year ago today, but guess what? We picked ourselves up, fought back and kicked your a**!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!

I realized that last Tuesday, March 29 - I had my last chemo treatment 5 years before....you'll be celebrating every day that passes and you move forward!