You look young

Options
How old do people think you are?

Replies

• Hondo_Man
    Hondo_Man Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    People have always thought I'm older than I actually am. This has happened as long as I can remember. It has been extremely rare that anyone had guessed my age spot-on. Not nice, that!
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I guess I look younger than my age, but only by about 6 years when people ask/remark. My 90 year old grandmother and 93 year old aunt, constantly are disbelieved that they are their ages. People think they are in their early to mid 70s....so I'm ok with aging. They have great skin, hair and minds...so I guess I have good aging genes to work with. ;)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i typically get people thinking i'm younger. i'm 29, and have gotten people thinking i'm as young as upper teens (18-19). i was at a doc appt recently and the nurse had to double check my birth date after she physically saw me. lol.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    In person I get between 19-26. I get asked for my ID frequently.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    How old do people think you are?

you didn't tell us how old people think you are!
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Usually people think I look about 25...but I'm 31 :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I look a lot older the more weight I lose. All the wrinkles that were plumped out are starting to show! People used to guess me older when I was young (at 12 people thought I was 16-18); when I got married (19) the pastor we hired guessed me at 25, but now...
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You all lose, I'm 25 and people always offer me the under 10's meal deal.
  • Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The bus driver charged me for a child ticket the other day xD he thought I was under 15 ... lolwut
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    With goatee, they guess about right to maybe 2 or 3 years younger

Without - I lose about 5-8 years

i now shave daily :smile:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've been told in pictures I look around my age: 46 but in real life ppl guess late 30's (37-39 is the range I get). I LOVE those ppl!!! lol!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    early 30s
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    People think I'm in my twenties, and don't believe me when I tell them my age. Perhaps I should leave the illusion in place?

I attribute it to good genetics (neither grandmother looked their age) and the fact that I'm a ginger, so I very nearly worship sunscreen.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    People usually guess 22-24 not just because I LOOK younger, but I also have the voice of a child. It really throws people off. I'll be 38 this fall. My "secret" - no alcohol, no drugs, no smoking, plenty of sleep and water. Olive oil on the skin and in your cooking doesn't hurt either. :happy:
  • nataliesweet19
    Options
    people tend to think I am about 15. I am 21.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it when people thought I was younger. Loving it now! I always get carded.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    At a wedding recently someone commented that they thought my husband was a bit of a cradle robber since he looks in his 40s and she thought I was like 28! I love this person now. I typically get told I look in my early 30s. I'm 40.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Usually people think I look about 25...but I'm 31 :)

I would have pegged you at like 23. had me fooled
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am 25, but people have thought I was anywhere from 13 to 18. No one believes that am old enough to order alcohol. The first time I got alcohol when I was 21, the waitress looked at me with a look that clearly said that she didn't believe I was older than 21. Yea, I got carded then... and I still get carded. Wait staff still give me that look that says that they don't believe I am old enough to order alcohol.

I'm a teacher and last year when I was subbing (couldn't find a full time job), I subbed in a few high schools and every time the kids would look at me shocked that I was old enough to be considered the adult in the room. Yea, there's a reason I stopped subbing in high school and started trying to get a full time job in a middle school. I did that mostly because I like middle school better,, but also because I don't get confused as a student. Even at my current job, a lot of my coworkers have to do a double take because they think I'm an eighth grader at first glance.