Gender Inequity at the Buffet

Options
On average, men have larger bodies and higher TDEEs than women, and consume more calories.

So why do we pay the same price at the all-you-can-eat buffet?

I have to pay more for dry cleaning. I want a discount at the buffet.

Seems only fair.

Replies

• sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Womens emancipation
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You should have to step on a scale and pay a percentage of your weight. Why should the 115 pound guy pay as much as my 205 lb SO?

Never going to happen due to anti discrimination laws but fair is rarely really fair.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    3283914-picard-facepalm-hotlink.jpg
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It's exactly that kind of thinking that killed Ladies Night... say hello to the ACLU and goodbye to buffets folks!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvynj4zNGBA

I'd say women should pay MORE ;).

She's my hero.

I stay away from all you can eat buffet's because the reality is I'm one of the people everyone else is subsidising generally!

Oh and while we're on 'equality', can we make clothing range in supermarkets equal?
    I'm getting tired of not only having to go right to the back / upstairs etc to get to the mens stuff, but then finding there's about 1/8th of the range of items available.

The world is a terribly misandreous place!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    You should have to step on a scale and pay a percentage of your weight. Why should the 115 pound guy pay as much as my 205 lb SO?

Never going to happen due to anti discrimination laws but fair is rarely really fair.

Maybe the buffet should try charging people on a per item basis?
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh and while we're on 'equality', can we make clothing range in supermarkets equal?
    I'm getting tired of not only having to go right to the back / upstairs etc to get to the mens stuff, but then finding there's about 1/8th of the range of items available.

The world is a terribly misandreous place!

ditch the stairs and the walk to the back of the shop .. buy ladies cloths ... go on .. what a fun shopping trip that would be.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Why do you say you have to pay more at dry cleaning? They don't charge women more, do they? Just for the item, material, and work. I don't know because I rarely ever go to the dry cleaners. Do they charge more for smaller clothing?
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

Ah, but sometimes it's that 115lb guy who you have to worry about :wink: Ever seen those competitive eaters?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    In for whining about life not being fair . . .
  • toughmudderMN
    toughmudderMN Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Your idea only makes sense if people only eat at their maintenance level....... Look at the general population; we/they obviously do not.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    er... if you're concerned about only paying for what you get, then don't visit the all-you-can-eat buffet. you just aren't using it to its full potential. no one's fault but your own! :P
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Even when I was very overweight, I could not eat the amount of food needed to feel like I got my money's worth at ANY buffet. I prefer to order off a menu when I eat out.

If they are going to tackle any problem at the large buffet restaurants, it should be a way to penalize people for piling up plate after plate and not eating all that food. The waste in those establishments is atrocious.
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Sad_Grandpa Posts: 129
    Options
    I get a discount.

$7.99 for three ribeyes and two baked potatoes. You can keep the salad.

Who doesn't love a buffet!
  • Strokingdiction
    Options

But then it's not a buffet. Mine was said tongue in cheek, btw though I really didn't add any wording to let people know that.
  • Strokingdiction
    Options

Ah, but sometimes it's that 115lb guy who you have to worry about :wink: Ever seen those competitive eaters?

You've just blown my theory completely to hell. I bow to your win!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options

But then it's not a buffet. Mine was said tongue in cheek, btw though I really didn't add any wording to let people know that.

I'm just saying, if the buffet had table service and wait staff, then we'd really have something. We'd probably need a printed menu too, so we could know what was available.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I always wish buffets would do an option to pay by the ounce. I'd eat there more!