Gender Inequity at the Buffet

Options

Replies

• Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You should have to step on a scale and pay a percentage of your weight. Why should the 115 pound guy pay as much as my 205 lb SO?

Never going to happen due to anti discrimination laws but fair is rarely really fair.

Maybe the buffet should try charging people on a per item basis?

But then it's not a buffet. Mine was said tongue in cheek, btw though I really didn't add any wording to let people know that.

I'm just saying, if the buffet had table service and wait staff, then we'd really have something. We'd probably need a printed menu too, so we could know what was available.

lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I always wish buffets would do an option to pay by the ounce. I'd eat there more!

I believe they do (well per lb) if you do take away/order out.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    er... if you're concerned about only paying for what you get, then don't visit the all-you-can-eat buffet. you just aren't using it to its full potential. no one's fault but your own! :P

^^^This. I can out-eat my husband any day, haha!
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I always wish buffets would do an option to pay by the ounce. I'd eat there more!

I was going to mention this---in my hometown there is totally a restaurant that does this. It's brilliant!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You should have to step on a scale and pay a percentage of your weight. Why should the 115 pound guy pay as much as my 205 lb SO?

Never going to happen due to anti discrimination laws but fair is rarely really fair.

so... like any other menu based restaurant system?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

But then it's not a buffet. Mine was said tongue in cheek, btw though I really didn't add any wording to let people know that.

I'm just saying, if the buffet had table service and wait staff, then we'd really have something. We'd probably need a printed menu too, so we could know what was available.

Exactly!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

And the wait staff, since they're there, could get the food and bring it to you. And it would come in standardized portions so they know how much to get.

That would be an awesome buffet.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I only have 9 fingers but I have to pay for a full set when I have my nails done, shouldn't the same rule apply?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

And the wait staff, since they're there, could get the food and bring it to you. And it would come in standardized portions so they know how much to get.

That would be an awesome buffet.

Wow, you guys are really going to revolutionize this whole buffet system!!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

I was going to mention this---in my hometown there is totally a restaurant that does this. It's brilliant!

yeah! I went to a place in Harlem when I visited New York and they did that. Of course, the customer service was generally appalling and I left before I even tried it out, but it was an interesting idea.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    There are women being stoned to death for being raped and this is the "women's equality" issue you want to fight about? :huh:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I respectfully disagree

equal-pay-now.jpg
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I respectfully disagree

equal-pay-now.jpg

:laugh:
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised the china buffet by my house can even stay in business with me eating there regularly haha
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm about to ditch my breakfast and go to the buffet down the street. The take out option is a flat rate but they give you containers and you can't take more than can fit in there. They'll even have you wait till you're on your way out to give you a plastic bag to ensure you're not stuffing food in the bag!
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I eat more than double what my husband eats at the buffet, and he's a lot bigger than I. He's never complained about it.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

*giggle*
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You just single-handedly thwarted all feminist efforts.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I can eat more than my husband at any buffet.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Really, you should step on the scale before and after you ate, so they can charge you by how many pounds you gained while in their restaurant.