Healthy Alternatives to Cake & Chocolate

Options
124»

Replies

• creativechick2014
    Options
    I dont know what country you are in but if you are in the UK there are products by 'nakd' that are nice. You can find them in health food shops and waitrose sells them too.

Today I had a cocoa mint bar which is basically made up of blended dates, raisins and cashews with a bit of cocoa and mint flavouring in. Not quite chocolate but very tasty and half the calories.

That said I do make room in my day for chocolate of some kind. Actual chocolate lol.

I am from the UK, and just looked at the website for these - they sound pretty good! Will have to try and track some down to try. Thanx
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Covered Katie has recipes for things like black bean or garbanzo bean brownies and blondies, but she also has a lot of recipes for single serving cookies, muffins, cupcakes if portion control is a struggle.

The garbanzo bean blondies are actually pretty awesome. I like the black bean (or red lentil) brownies a little less, but they do fulfill a dessert need without me want to overeat.

Have you ever tried her Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Covered Katie has recipes for things like black bean or garbanzo bean brownies and blondies, but she also has a lot of recipes for single serving cookies, muffins, cupcakes if portion control is a struggle.

The garbanzo bean blondies are actually pretty awesome. I like the black bean (or red lentil) brownies a little less, but they do fulfill a dessert need without me want to overeat.

I don't know whether I'm more offended for the cookie dough or the hummus
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

I don't know whether I'm more offended for the cookie dough or the hummus

LOL! I definitely am a believer in eating whatever you want in moderation, but was just wondering if anyone had made this recipe.