Frusterated, is this normal? plateau? something wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• leggymomma64
    leggymomma64 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would say up your calories, when I did, the weight started falling back off after being stuck for a couple of weeks.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    When I was just doing cardio like walking and riding my bike the weight was slowly coming off. Soon as I added in the weight training the weight loss has stopped. But for now I am OK with that as I have had surgery on my shoulder and wrist and want to get back some strength I lost after being laid up. I have cut down on my reps though and increased my treadmill and stationary bike so hopefully will see a change for the better again. And I cut down on how many days I work out intensely. Also I love green tea, haven't tried the pills but love a hot cuppa.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are working out a lot...do you take a day of rest???

When I started this site 3½ weeks ago, I lost a couple of pounds the first 2½ weeks, then nothing would budge (And I had only taked a day of rest that whole time). I took another day of rest & increased my water intake & a little more came off. It's been a steady decrease since. I know I haven't been doing this that long, but that's my experience. Good luck!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are working out a lot...do you take a day of rest???

When I started this site 3½ weeks ago, I lost a couple of pounds the first 2½ weeks, then nothing would budge (And I had only taked a day of rest that whole time). I took another day of rest & increased my water intake & a little more came off. It's been a steady decrease since. I know I haven't been doing this that long, but that's my experience. Good luck!

yes the weekends are my 1-2 days of rest :)
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    My opinion: don't cut out the weight training. In fact - my latest read is "The new rules of lifting for women" by Lou Schuler AND "the perfect body diet" by Cassandra Forsythe.

The new rules book suggests that many women lift too light and too long. Go heavy and brief.

The perfect body diet is about a healthy balance of good carbs (not processed stuff), good fats, and good proteins.

With the exception of the brief periods I am on HCG and low cal, I eat 1800-2300 cals a day. I now run 3 days a week (cuz it makes me feel great) about 3 miles each run, and lift for 20-30 minutes 2-3 times a week, and my body fat is dropping.

Just a suggestion. I hope your progress begins VERY soon!!!
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    oooo - I just found this link on another thread:

http://www.ptcfrankston.com/doc/newsletter/PTC_Newsletter_IssueNo37.html
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    no intention on cutting out the weight training :)

will check out the article, have read the lady weight training stuff before tho :)