Is anyone else doing 1400-1600 calories?

Options
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else on here is aiming for 1400-1600 calories a day. I would like to make more friends with people who are on similar calorie counts as me. I am at this point because when I started I was on 1800 calories now I am losing weight and not trying to starve myself. 1200-1300 calories is not enough during the day for me. I have 93 lbs left to lose.

Replies

• gottobethin2014
    Options
    hi

i am aiming for 1600 but netting at least 1200 after exercise

i have 80lbs to lose
  • DorothyR87
    DorothyR87 Posts: 113
    Options
    Myfitnesspal has my calories set at 1490 a day, however I eat back a good chunk of my exercise calories. My net is still around that area. Feel free to add me.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1550, and I eat back about half of my exercise cals (calculated with my FitBit One).

Feel free to add me, I'm here everyday M-F! I'm not as active over the weekend, as I usually just log from my phone :smile:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Mine's at 1475, but I change it once in a while, going up 100 or so calories for a few days to see which helps more.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1550. That's a little over a pound a week. I've lost all my weight eating between 1500-1650. But with only 15lbs to go, I may need to make it less aggressive.
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Half of the Planet? lol
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not really counting calories. But I am usually around 1400-1600 I pay more attention to protein, fat and carb intake...
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1490 feel free to add me as well
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I recently lowered my weekly weight loss goal from 2lbs per week to 1.5 and it helped a lot. Honestly I am doing better, I have pretty much been eating closer to the cals I was set at for 2lbs per week but I think having that extra few cals available is reassuring that I can eat more and still lose steadily. On days that I didn't work out the lower cal goal seemed just too low for me. I think in my case the lower cals were like a mental block and it was hampering my progress.
  • aldenxnedla
    aldenxnedla Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hello,
    i am doing around the same amount :) my net daily goal is 1260, but i'm also doing fairly vigorous workouts 4-5 days a week and on those days i usually eat around 1500 calories because i burn so many. i'm new to dieting, i gained about 80 pounds over the past couple years, just going through some difficult stuff in my life and "eating my feelings" as it were, but now i'm ready to take the weight off and very motivated, but it always helps to have someone else to keep me going! i'd love to chat. i started at about 200 pounds and i'm down to about 180 now, i'm a fairly small person naturally so my goal weight is between 120-130. my biggest weakness is sugar - i LOVE all kinds of sweets, and i need the most help to stop from eating too much of it. my name is alden, message me if you wanna talk!
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I struggled at 1200, and increased 1590 calories a day
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm on 1500-1600, but I try to stick as close as I can to 1500.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    1550 goal here!
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Crap! Double post. :indifferent:
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Check out these websites
    Scooby calculator work out your true tdee and BMR and cut by 15%
    And eat more 2 weigh less

I have had success from this and am eating 2200 calories a day this teaches you that slow and steady will win the race and you will not have to lower cals the lighter you get.
  • PinkPanther318
    PinkPanther318 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. Most of the people I know are on 1200-1300 that's too low for me.
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1500 here, and I eat back most/all of my exercise calories (depending on the day).
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I started at 1650 & I think now I'm at about 1550 & I normally eat back all the exercise calories I get via my Fitbit.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I added you, can you open your profile and diary please? Even as your friend I cannot see it or write on your wall or anything.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1550, I typically net 1200-1400. I have 40lbs to lose overall