RMR - useless

Options
RMR- your resting metabolic rate caluclations ..... i was about to get a scale that measured this but looking on line all they ask is for your sex, age, height, and weight.....i eat a litttle calories and i know my metabolism is way lower than some else who eats normally with the same stats at me....

this whole RMR is so stupid ....what's the point of having such a calcualtion if it is so so generic and based pracitcally on nothing.

should i get the scale....do u think the scale will look at mroe factors. ....like the fact that my eating habbits have completly ruined my metabolism....do u think the scale would pick up on that...
is there anything that would tell me my ACTUAL metabolism level/strength/w,e

Replies

• arrowprayer
    arrowprayer Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ps. sorry if this is in the wrong section i didn't know where to put it
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    I think there are medical ways to accurately calculate your individual RMR, but you have to go to a clinic to have it done. The rest, as you say, are generic and merely give you what the population average is.
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    Your eating habits should not be able to permanently damage your metabolism. If you eat a normal amount of food, for long enough, your metabolism should go back to normal for someone of your size/age. You will have to let go of the fear that you'll gain too much, and give it a good long try.

http://www.barbellsandbeakers.com/2012/07/04/does-your-metabolism-ever-recover-from-having-an-eating-disorder/

This page has some good info with links to research. It's about anorexia recovery, but would definitely apply in less extreme cases too.