Replies

• BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    lol the new pic is awesome though ha
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I did read your post. There is this thing called hidden intentions. Your profile pic is of someone in a thong with their pants pulled down and your topic title is "HOT GIRLS HERE"

That's going to attract MEN. I'm not saying you were outright saying "I'm looking to date guys" but I'm saying that this site isn't for attention so pull your pants up and cut the nonsense.

Go to facebook, instagram, or twitter if you're looking for attention.

I don't know what crawled up your butt but if you don't want to be helpful, then just don't respond. You don't know anything about me or my "hidden intentions." Please keep your opinions to yourself because I sure as heck don't have any need for them.

And by the way, you show your bra in your pictures. Bit of a hypocrite are we?
    If you take the emotion out of these things she has a point. If you need friends, don't do this...That's helpful to know...says the girl showing off in the corset ;) Feel free to be proud and show off...to your friends...After all, it can be therapeutic. But don't show off trying to get them. It's a plan that will get a minimal response. If you're feeling lonely and want support, bending over in a public place screaming hot girls here probably isn't going to point you in the right direction either...

Also forums probably aren't the best place to make a post about keeping opinions to ourselves lol.

But yeah, they could have worded that a little better hey :P
    </twoCents>
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I did read your post. There is this thing called hidden intentions. Your profile pic is of someone in a thong with their pants pulled down and your topic title is "HOT GIRLS HERE"

That's going to attract MEN. I'm not saying you were outright saying "I'm looking to date guys" but I'm saying that this site isn't for attention so pull your pants up and cut the nonsense.

Woah there...We don't want to scare anyone off now :)

@OP: Anyways! Welcome to MFP! You will find help ranging from "not so much" to "very helpful."
    You may add me if you want a guide through your weightloss journey (or as others call it, a lifestyle change).
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This is not a dating site. It would be better to approach things in a different way. This just makes you look like you're only interested in meeting guys, so you're cutting out probably half the people who would be willing to help you.

Besides you want to find helpful people and not pervs.

What if they are helpful pervs?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    This is not a dating site. It would be better to approach things in a different way. This just makes you look like you're only interested in meeting guys, so you're cutting out probably half the people who would be willing to help you.

*Adds Chrome note* This. chick. is. a. killjoy. *note saved*
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    ummmmm where's the hot girls

I feel mislead lol

AMEN!! Haha
    Here you go:

tumblr_mpsd0zHluC1rkwrneo1_500.gif
  • amg120
    amg120 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I don't know what crawled up your butt but if you don't want to be helpful, then just don't respond. You don't know anything about me or my "hidden intentions." Please keep your opinions to yourself because I sure as heck don't have any need for them.

If you take the emotion out of these things she has a point. If you need friends, don't do this...That's helpful to know...says the girl showing off in the corset ;) Feel free to be proud and show off...to your friends...After all, it can be therapeutic. But don't show off trying to get them. It's a plan that will get a minimal response. If you're feeling lonely and want support, bending over in a public place screaming hot girls here probably isn't going to point you in the right direction either...

Also forums probably aren't the best place to make a post about keeping opinions to ourselves lol.
    </twoCents>

1. Thank you for being a realist. I wasn't being a hater. I was being honest about how this was not the best way to get advice. Then she then sassed me (which everyone seems to be ignoring) and I sassed back.

2. I have a photo in my bra, but you'd have to be sketching on my photos. I put that there so that I have a reference that makes any improvements clearly visible in the future. I know personally I like to see everyone's before and afters, and it does make it a bit difficult to notice as much of a difference in a t-shirt. I also don't consider that photo too sexual or suggestive. (I understand I could probably wear a bee keeper suit and that would turn some people on, so it's not like it's completely innocent, but I'd already have your attention if you were looking at those photos anyway!)
  • j_b_morgan
    Options
    ummmmm where's the hot girls

I feel mislead lol

AMEN!! Haha
    Here you go:

tumblr_mpsd0zHluC1rkwrneo1_500.gif

Beast mode!
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ thank you and

"Besides you want to find helpful people and not pervs."

If your gonna be a perv you should at least be helpful ha.
  • Achrya
    Options

</twoCents>

1. Thank you for being a realist. I wasn't being a hater. I was being honest about how this was not the best way to get advice. Then she then sassed me (which everyone seems to be ignoring) and I sassed back.

2. I have a photo in my bra, but you'd have to be sketching on my photos. I put that there so that I have a reference that makes any improvements clearly visible in the future. I know personally I like to see everyone's before and afters, and it does make it a bit difficult to notice as much of a difference in a t-shirt. I also don't consider that photo too sexual or suggestive. (I understand I could probably wear a bee keeper suit and that would turn some people on, so it's not like it's completely innocent, but I'd already have your attention if you were looking at those photos anyway!)

Further note: No fun forum police is even less fun than originally suspected.

Note saved.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    This is not a dating site.It would be better to approach things in a different way. This just makes you look like you're only interested in meeting guys, so you're cutting out probably half the people who would be willing to help you.

Wait, who are you to tell other people what this site is and isn't for? Back in 2012, I remember some dude proposing to a woman he met on these forums. He actually created a thread FOR the proposal. Plus I personally know several people that have dated people they met on this site.

How you just gonna come in here and start making up new rules?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

</twoCents>

I'm pro sexual expression. If taking a sexy pic makes you feel empowered, empower yourself! I don't care if images are sexual. I will just not open this site at work lol.

She sassed because you could have worded that politer.
  • amg120
    Options
    This is not a dating site.It would be better to approach things in a different way. This just makes you look like you're only interested in meeting guys, so you're cutting out probably half the people who would be willing to help you.

Wait, who are you to tell other people what this site is and isn't for? Back in 2012, I remember some dude proposing to a woman he met on these forums. He actually created a thread FOR the proposal. Plus I personally know several people that have dated people they met on this site.

The first thing I said was that it would be more helpful if she took a different approach. That is 100% true. I didn't say she couldn't post all the explicit photos she wanted.

Just be honest about things.

Get off my back. Seriously
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

</twoCents>

Further note: No fun forum police is even less fun than originally suspected.

Note saved.

well, at least she doesn't just tell people what they can and can't use the site for. she also seems to be the self appointment policeman of what is and isn't "too sexual or suggestive". i bet she's awesome at parties
  • Phanatic11
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who are helping me out. To my original responder, two things. First off, thank you for reporting my pictures. If I knew how to report the ones of you in your bra, I'd return the favor. And secondly, I tried starting two threads earlier today looking for friends and got no response. Since this one CLEARLY got some attention, I'd say my objective - of making friends - was fulfilled.
  • amg120
    Options

</twoCents>

I'm pro sexual expression. If taking a sexy pic makes you feel empowered, empower yourself! I don't care if images are sexual. I will just not open this site at work lol.

She sassed because you could have worded that politer.

My policy is do whatever you want. Just be honest about it.
    If she honestly wanted help, this is not the best way, and I pointed that out by giving my honest two cents.

There are plenty of outlets here for posting photos and probably even for dating, but she wasn't claiming to do either of those.
  • amg120
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who are helping me out. To my original responder, two things. First off, thank you for reporting my pictures. If I knew how to report the ones of you in your bra, I'd return the favor. And secondly, I tried starting two threads earlier today looking for friends and got no response. Since this one CLEARLY got some attention, I'd say my objective - of making friends - was fulfilled.

I DID NOT report your photos. Do not accuse me of something you have no proof of.
  • Achrya
    Options

The first thing I said was that it would be more helpful if she took a different approach. That is 100% true. I didn't say she couldn't post all the explicit photos she wanted.

Just be honest about things.

Get off my back. Seriously

More helpful than what? You don't know what kind of response or friends the OP seeks, so perhaps an approach you deem 'appropriate' wouldn't get them the people they want. Perhaps your suggestion is actually contrary to what they seek to achieve here? Who the hell are you decide what is helpful to them?
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I think the most important lessons here are:

1. There is always only one right way to do/use anything.
    2. Whatever you do, be sure to take everything as seriously as possible.
    3. 2013-09-24-gif4.gif
This discussion has been closed.