HOT GIRLS HERE!!!

Options

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I did read your post. There is this thing called hidden intentions. Your profile pic is of someone in a thong with their pants pulled down and your topic title is "HOT GIRLS HERE"

That's going to attract MEN. I'm not saying you were outright saying "I'm looking to date guys" but I'm saying that this site isn't for attention so pull your pants up and cut the nonsense.

Go to facebook, instagram, or twitter if you're looking for attention.

I don't know what crawled up your butt but if you don't want to be helpful, then just don't respond. You don't know anything about me or my "hidden intentions." Please keep your opinions to yourself because I sure as heck don't have any need for them.

And by the way, you show your bra in your pictures. Bit of a hypocrite are we?
    If you take the emotion out of these things she has a point. If you need friends, don't do this...That's helpful to know...says the girl showing off in the corset ;) Feel free to be proud and show off...to your friends...After all, it can be therapeutic. But don't show off trying to get them. It's a plan that will get a minimal response. If you're feeling lonely and want support, bending over in a public place screaming hot girls here probably isn't going to point you in the right direction either...

Also forums probably aren't the best place to make a post about keeping opinions to ourselves lol.
    </twoCents>

1. Thank you for being a realist. I wasn't being a hater. I was being honest about how this was not the best way to get advice. Then she then sassed me (which everyone seems to be ignoring) and I sassed back.

2. I have a photo in my bra, but you'd have to be sketching on my photos. I put that there so that I have a reference that makes any improvements clearly visible in the future. I know personally I like to see everyone's before and afters, and it does make it a bit difficult to notice as much of a difference in a t-shirt. I also don't consider that photo too sexual or suggestive. (I understand I could probably wear a bee keeper suit and that would turn some people on, so it's not like it's completely innocent, but I'd already have your attention if you were looking at those photos anyway!)
    I'm pro sexual expression. If taking a sexy pic makes you feel empowered, empower yourself! I don't care if images are sexual. I will just not open this site at work lol.

She sassed because you could have worded that politer.

My policy is do whatever you want. Just be honest about it.
    If she honestly wanted help, this is not the best way, and I pointed that out by giving my honest two cents.

There are plenty of outlets here for posting photos and probably even for dating, but she wasn't claiming to do either of those.

You are assuming she wasn't being honest. How the hell do you know what her intentions were?? And even if her intentions were dating or getting male attention, that's her right. Who made you the honesty police?? And based on her reactions to you, I'd say you were way off base. But it is good to know that you have the sense of humor of a piece of driftwood.
  • amg120
    amg120 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is not a dating site.It would be better to approach things in a different way. This just makes you look like you're only interested in meeting guys, so you're cutting out probably half the people who would be willing to help you.

Besides you want to find helpful people and not pervs.

Wait, who are you to tell other people what this site is and isn't for? Back in 2012, I remember some dude proposing to a woman he met on these forums. He actually created a thread FOR the proposal. Plus I personally know several people that have dated people they met on this site.

How you just gonna come in here and start making up new rules?

The first thing I said was that it would be more helpful if she took a different approach. That is 100% true. I didn't say she couldn't post all the explicit photos she wanted.

Just be honest about things.

Get off my back. Seriously

More helpful than what? You don't know what kind of response or friends the OP seeks, so perhaps an approach you deem 'appropriate' wouldn't get them the people they want. Perhaps your suggestion is actually contrary to what they seek to achieve here? Who the hell are you decide what is helpful to them?

I was going off what they asked for, so they decided what they were looking for. Get off my back.
    You have your opinion and I have mine.

Half of you have been attacking me more than I said anything to her.
  • amg120
    Options
    I did read your post. There is this thing called hidden intentions. Your profile pic is of someone in a thong with their pants pulled down and your topic title is "HOT GIRLS HERE"

That's going to attract MEN. I'm not saying you were outright saying "I'm looking to date guys" but I'm saying that this site isn't for attention so pull your pants up and cut the nonsense.

I don't know what crawled up your butt but if you don't want to be helpful, then just don't respond. You don't know anything about me or my "hidden intentions." Please keep your opinions to yourself because I sure as heck don't have any need for them.

If you take the emotion out of these things she has a point. If you need friends, don't do this...That's helpful to know...says the girl showing off in the corset ;) Feel free to be proud and show off...to your friends...After all, it can be therapeutic. But don't show off trying to get them. It's a plan that will get a minimal response. If you're feeling lonely and want support, bending over in a public place screaming hot girls here probably isn't going to point you in the right direction either...

Also forums probably aren't the best place to make a post about keeping opinions to ourselves lol.
    </twoCents>

1. Thank you for being a realist. I wasn't being a hater. I was being honest about how this was not the best way to get advice. Then she then sassed me (which everyone seems to be ignoring) and I sassed back.

2. I have a photo in my bra, but you'd have to be sketching on my photos. I put that there so that I have a reference that makes any improvements clearly visible in the future. I know personally I like to see everyone's before and afters, and it does make it a bit difficult to notice as much of a difference in a t-shirt. I also don't consider that photo too sexual or suggestive. (I understand I could probably wear a bee keeper suit and that would turn some people on, so it's not like it's completely innocent, but I'd already have your attention if you were looking at those photos anyway!)
    I'm pro sexual expression. If taking a sexy pic makes you feel empowered, empower yourself! I don't care if images are sexual. I will just not open this site at work lol.

If she honestly wanted help, this is not the best way, and I pointed that out by giving my honest two cents.

There are plenty of outlets here for posting photos and probably even for dating, but she wasn't claiming to do either of those.

You are assuming she wasn't be honest. How the hell do you know what her intentions were?? And even if her intentions were dating or getting male attention, that's her right. Who made you the honesty police?? And based on her reactions to you, I'd say you were way off base. But it is good to know that you have the sense of humor of a piece of driftwood.

She was asking for help with lifting, but the topic title is "HOT GIRLS HERE!!!" so yes, that's not honest. This thread isn't about Hot girls.

You're pretty sick to attack my character/personality when you don't know anything about me.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    This is not a dating site.It would be better to approach things in a different way. This just makes you look like you're only interested in meeting guys, so you're cutting out probably half the people who would be willing to help you.

Wait, who are you to tell other people what this site is and isn't for? Back in 2012, I remember some dude proposing to a woman he met on these forums. He actually created a thread FOR the proposal. Plus I personally know several people that have dated people they met on this site.

The first thing I said was that it would be more helpful if she took a different approach. That is 100% true. I didn't say she couldn't post all the explicit photos she wanted.

More helpful than what? You don't know what kind of response or friends the OP seeks, so perhaps an approach you deem 'appropriate' wouldn't get them the people they want. Perhaps your suggestion is actually contrary to what they seek to achieve here? Who the hell are you decide what is helpful to them?

I was going off what they asked for, so they decided what they were looking for. Get off my back.

Lol. So, you attack her for her original post and get mad that the rest of us don't agree with you?? I was wrong. You DO have a sense of humor because that's hilarious.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    0pbeapk.png

That's all.
  • amg120
    Options
    How did I attack her? Honestly. Point to one sentence where I said anything negative about her. I can find several said about me!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

She asked for people who strength train.

I strength train.

So does Sin.

Zach does too.

DavPaul as well.

So. How was this thread not helpful, as originally written, exactly? It seems to have served the OP rather well, in my opinion.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-1152-1387484329-17_zpsd15e5762.gif
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

</twoCents>

You are assuming she wasn't be honest. How the hell do you know what her intentions were?? And even if her intentions were dating or getting male attention, that's her right. Who made you the honesty police?? And based on her reactions to you, I'd say you were way off base. But it is good to know that you have the sense of humor of a piece of driftwood.

She was asking for help with lifting, but the topic title is "HOT GIRLS HERE!!!" so yes, that's not honest. This thread isn't about Hot girls.

You're pretty sick to attack my character/personality when you don't know anything about me.

congratulations on your promotion to Thread Title Policeman
  • amg120
    Options

I strength train.

Zach does too.

DavPaul as well.

So. How was this thread not helpful, as originally written, exactly? It seems to have served the OP rather well, in my opinion.

WHEN I replied to her it wasn't helpful at all. She had to bump the thread because she was getting no responses.
  • Phanatic11
    Options

</twoCents>

Ever read a headline in a newspaper?? The headline is meant to get attention and draw the reader's eye. That's all I was trying to do. Get over yourself and quit taking this so seriously.

Thanks to the rest of you and my new friends!! :drinker:
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Can't everyone just get along? lol Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me if you need a friend.
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just started a 5x5 lifting program about 4 days ago and am such a noob when it comes to lifting heavy as well! You can add me and we can be newbie lifters together. Oh and my name is also Heather, so yay! :flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So OP seems to have fulfilled request. Advice was given. So lets lay off OPs back...Defensive girl should lay off everyones back so everyone can lay off hers...and everyone can get along...and show some thong...

But only temporarily before getting their pic removed.

I'll still stay here to see if someone fesses to reporting thong pic!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I actually thought the thong was hot! You seem alright... for a Phillies fan. :wink: Just messing with you. I am a Braves fan.
  • amg120
    Options
    Someone point out how I insulted anyone. Point out the sentence that directly says anything negative about anyone.

I have been
    1. directly insulted
    2. made feel unwelcome here
    3. and accused of doing something that I didn't do.

So keep attacking me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I strength train.

Zach does too.

DavPaul as well.

WHEN I replied to her it wasn't helpful at all. She had to bump the thread because she was getting no responses.

You replied what, 14 minutes after it was posted? That's hardly enough time to deem something unhelpful. OP bumped to, I'm sure, get the catchy title back on the front page, and for all we know had already gotten a few friend requests.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    The OP made me laugh, and it's not like people don't post misleading topics like that on a daily basis. If anything, she should fit right in with the "fun crowd."

I still haven't figured out why the first person to respond has proven to be so hostile and unwilling to move on. It's a little disturbing, actually. Stop trying to "defend yourself" and the backlash will die. Otherwise, people are going to continue adding official/unofficial titles to you, to which you'll likely feel compelled to argue.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Someone point out how I insulted anyone. Point out the sentence that directly says anything negative about anyone.

I have been
    1. directly insulted
    2. made feel unwelcome here
    3. and accused of doing something that I didn't do.

So keep attacking me.

really? REALLY?
    This is not a dating site. It would be better to approach things in a different way. This just makes you look like you're only interested in meeting guys, so you're cutting out probably half the people who would be willing to help you.

Where to start? You called the OP an attention *kitten* that's only here to pick up guys. Then you told her to get the hell off the site and play on FB or twitter. Plus you assumed that she doesn't want pervs. How you know she don't want no pervs? Perv lovers need love too.
  • amg120
    Options

You replied what, 14 minutes after it was posted? That's hardly enough tie to deem something unhelpful.

She bumped it in less than 14 minutes. Neither of us thought things were working out.
This discussion has been closed.