My success story

JagerLewis
JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
I would like to share my success story with you, only because the success stories here with pic are so inspiring to me and help me to keep going even if the scale is fighting with me. This is taking so much courage to post my before pic, my hands are literally shaking right now. About 2 years ago I was suffering from serious stress and depression and the pounds piled on so fast it was sickening. I dealt with stress the most wrong way possible, and I seriously paid for it. My before pic was this past August and when I saw that pic of myself, I was beyond mortified. I was embarrassed, ashamed, and angry with myself for getting to that point. That same day when I saw that pic, I joined MFP. It has been a struggle at times when the scale doesn't move like I want it to, but thankfully I have some VERY supportive friends here that keep me in check (getting teary eyed now for my gratefulness). I'm also grateful for my non friends here on MFP for the advice and their courage to post pics and share their story. I still have 10 pounds to go, hopefully I'll get there before summer. I'm proud of the hard work and dedication I've put in for myself. I have learned how to deal with stress, and just got rid of the stress I didn't need. (Though posting this is causing great stress! :laugh: ) Please don't judge my before picture, I've judged myself enough and I've promised myself to NEVER let myself get that way again. I'm thinner and stronger and I love myself for who I have become in these past months. Thank you to all who have answered questions on my posts, and who have encouraged me.
My stats:
5'2"
sw: 181 :sad:
cw: 134
gw: 125

83ad03b7-7bfc-4bad-b407-82f8a54152e0.jpg
f27812a2-645f-4894-9030-2813dfa04201.jpg

Replies

• SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    You look fabulous! Thanks for sharing! I love coming here to see the success photos. It helps me to know what is possible.
  • JagerLewis
    You look fabulous! Thanks for sharing! I love coming here to see the success photos. It helps me to know what is possible.
    Thank you! :)
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    You look amazing!! You should be very proud of what you have accomplished and never worry about where you started you should just be proud that you did start and look where it has gotten you! Great work!:drinker:
  • Idefinenichelle
    Idefinenichelle Posts: 116 Member
    :love: Fantastic job! You are beautiful!!!!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Great loss!!! You looked beautiful before and even more beautiful after!!!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Good job. You look great.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    You look awesome, well done! :flowerforyou:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Amazing! You should be so proud of yourself - you look FABULOUS! :)
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    You look amazing!!! Congratulations!!!
  • mdinms
    mdinms Posts: 42 Member
    congrats! you look AWESOME!
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Awesome job! You look great!!
  • ursus_feminus
    ursus_feminus Posts: 38 Member
    Great job, what a big difference!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Great loss!!! You looked beautiful before and even more beautiful after!!!

Agreed!!!!
  • JagerLewis
    Thank you all so much!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    You are beautiful and wonderful - CONGRATS on your success :) Thanks for posting- such an inspiration! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    You look amazing!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Amazing job!
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Wow. Very impressed. You should be very proud.
  • Laragibson08
    Laragibson08 Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome! How many calories a day and how much did you workout? I'm looking to follow your example!
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    You look great! Congrats on all your hard work! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!