My success story

Options

Replies

• busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    Congrats!
    Your before and after pic are both beautiful!!! I love the red hair :-)
  • gracie11lexi13
    gracie11lexi13 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would like to share my success story with you, only because the success stories here with pic are so inspiring to me and help me to keep going even if the scale is fighting with me. This is taking so much courage to post my before pic, my hands are literally shaking right now. About 2 years ago I was suffering from serious stress and depression and the pounds piled on so fast it was sickening. I dealt with stress the most wrong way possible, and I seriously paid for it. My before pic was this past August and when I saw that pic of myself, I was beyond mortified. I was embarrassed, ashamed, and angry with myself for getting to that point. That same day when I saw that pic, I joined MFP. It has been a struggle at times when the scale doesn't move like I want it to, but thankfully I have some VERY supportive friends here that keep me in check (getting teary eyed now for my gratefulness). I'm also grateful for my non friends here on MFP for the advice and their courage to post pics and share their story. I still have 10 pounds to go, hopefully I'll get there before summer. I'm proud of the hard work and dedication I've put in for myself. I have learned how to deal with stress, and just got rid of the stress I didn't need. (Though posting this is causing great stress! :laugh: ) Please don't judge my before picture, I've judged myself enough and I've promised myself to NEVER let myself get that way again. I'm thinner and stronger and I love myself for who I have become in these past months. Thank you to all who have answered questions on my posts, and who have encouraged me.
    My stats:
    5'2"
    sw: 181 :sad:
    cw: 134
    gw: 125

83ad03b7-7bfc-4bad-b407-82f8a54152e0.jpg
    f27812a2-645f-4894-9030-2813dfa04201.jpg

Your beautiful before and after. Congrats on the success. You'll lose the last 10lbs.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    What a HUGE difference 40 something pounds show on a smaller frame. You look stunning! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • lindsaymarcin
    lindsaymarcin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" as well and started at 184! I can't wait to look like you!! Awesome job!!
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words!! :smile:
  • 20percy14
    20percy14 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    amazin, you look beautiful!
  • ashlyrose14
    ashlyrose14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am starting back up today and was looking for a success story like yours for my motivation for the day!! Thank you soo much for sharing your story!! You look gorgeous!!! Very inspiring and just the story and pictures I needed to see today to keep me on track!! Thank you!!! (if you can't tell I love the exclamation points..lol)
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and for being vulnerable enough to post your before pic. BOTH pics are gorgeous! So proud of you to de-stress and make changes to improve your overall health!
    Thanks for sharing and I know you will reach your goal! :drinker:
  • jayceesmom512
    jayceesmom512 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    omg !! you look amazing !! WTG!! add me as a friend ... i can always use the extra motivation !!
  • mrsoz22
    mrsoz22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Great job. I think you looked beautiful before too, for the record!
  • amm8589
    amm8589 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What an amazing transformation! It sounds like you were transformed on the inside as well, and that's just as important. I bet you can't wait to show off that beach body this summer!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow... you look amazing! Thanks for sharing... our stats are about the same...and you give me hope! Congrats on your success!
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! I am 5'3 with just about the same starting and goal weight and you have totally inspired me to keep going! I just started my journey and have lost about 7 pounds but it is so encouraging to see what a big difference it has made in your life!!! Great job!!
  • ggmay50
    ggmay50 Posts: 4
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I love the before and after pics also, it is a big encouragement for those of us still struggling. Thanks for sharing!
  • lgtijerina
    lgtijerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great Job, you look amazing, This is so inspirational for me right now. Thanks for sharing
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You truly look amazing!! Congrats!!! But just for the record, I would never judge your before pic, I still think you looked really beautiful! But I know you must feel a lot better, and you look as good as you must feel. Happy for you!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous before AND after but much happier after...love it!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvi0whqPdo1qic1zfo1_500.gif
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    amazing, awesome job!!!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! and im so happy for you! you ROCk Girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!