Do you feel it is important to sleep with your spouse?

Options

Replies

• edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    depends on how you feel about being glorified roomates.
    I believe you mean "roommates with incredibly sporadic benefits"
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I do not sleep well if my husband isn't in the bed. When I have insomnia, I find that if we're touching or spooning, I can fall asleep. Once asleep though, I like my own space. That's why we have a king bed.

spooning leads to forking

forking leads to eating...or wait is that before forking?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Sleeping in separate rooms is like the kiss of death - it can only go downhill from there. Taking closeness and intimacy out of a relationship is bad news in general.
  • GreatGreenSea
    GreatGreenSea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I feel it is. I know I couldn't sleep without my big, warm husband next to me, and some days, that's the only time we get to spend together.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My husband works graveyard on occasion and I do miss when he's not in the bed. I also don't like king size beds because we are too far away from each other (we aren't big people). But I don't know that I'd say married couples HAVE to share a bed all the time.

My 7 year old was just asking me the other day if she HAD to share a room if she got married (she shares with her sister now).
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes because morning wood.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No, this isn't a thread about sex. It is about sharing the same bed to sleep. Do you feel it is important?

For my husband and me, it is. We were not able to sleep together for several months at our old house because there was not access to heat in our bedroom and the landlord wouldn't fix it. We were finally able to move, but it drove us crazy. He was on the couch, and I was on a cot. It did affect our intimacy, even though we were in the same room. We like to cuddle together.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options

I'm slightly less attracted to you now. :laugh:
  • germanveg
    germanveg Posts: 15
    Options
    Yes, it is for us. My husband is the insistent one, he gets slightly annoyed if I don't go to bed at the same time as him (I'm a total night owl and he goes to bed at 10).

I do like having him next to me but his snoring drives me insane and I would get much better sleep if we had separate rooms. When he's gone for business my dog sleeps on his side and she's a much better/quieter sleeping companion!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    if you don't share the same bed... how to you have middle of the night wake up loving?

I love being held, or snuggling as I fall asleep. I love waking up in the middle of the night and feeling their warmth beside me. I love waking up in the morning next to someone that I love.

It's what I miss most now that I'm on my own.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    It's important to me, and I get grumpy when I think about sleeping alone if my husband goes away. However I know couples who don't sleep together and that is quite all right also, and like you said, has nothing to do with sex.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    if you don't share the same bed... how to you have middle of the night wake up loving?

I love being held, or snuggling as I fall asleep. I love waking up in the middle of the night and feeling their warmth beside me. I love waking up in the morning next to someone that I love.

It's what I miss most now that I'm on my own.

this, too. When I get back into bed after letting the dogs out at 530 am, he lifts the covers so I can get close to him, puts his arm around me and pulls me close to spoon for a little while before we get up. The absolute best! If we don't do that, my whole attitude for the day is shot.
  • nikki0753
    nikki0753 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say its 'important' but why would you not share a bed? I would be pretty upset if my bf wanted to sleep somewhere else.
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I do not sleep well if my husband isn't in the bed. When I have insomnia, I find that if we're touching or spooning, I can fall asleep. Once asleep though, I like my own space. That's why we have a king bed.

spooning leads to forking

Nothing wrong with that. :)
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to go to bed in the same bed at the same time. That being said, I often get up after he falls asleep.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    My husband works night shift so I get the best of both worlds!! (btw I sleep better when he isn't there but don't tell him that!!)

This!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It is very difficult for me to sleep when my husband is not there. I stay awake until he is in the bed. Initially, 16 years ago, it was difficult for me to not sleep alone. But then my comfort level completely shifted. I feel happy when he is there.

Also want to add that when we were in college we slept in a twin sized bed together. And it was nice. Now we have a queen bed. When he is away for work, I still sleep with the space there for him.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options

I'm slightly less attracted to you now. :laugh:

HIS morning wood, not mine... jeez! What's the lady equivalent of morning wood? Morning swamp? Morning dew? Morning slip and slide?
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Yes, I prefer to sleep on my spouse.
  • jennycjenny
    jennycjenny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I sprawl out like a starfish in my giant king sized bed by myself. I like my space for sleeping. S.O. is free to invade my space for other things ;) but leave me alone for sleep time!