Do you feel it is important to sleep with your spouse?

Options

Replies

• RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Been married 10 years and ever since year 2, I've slept in a different bed/bedroom. It has done wonders for our relationship as my wife is a very light sleeper and I am a huge snorer. Also I go to bed way after her and am also a big night time reader. Like till 2AM sometimes. Or later...
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time falling asleep without my husband... My dogs are a poor substitute... hahahaha. We have a going to sleep routine and it's ridiculous and I love it. When he's out of town I often get insomnia.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Yes, very important. Mind snores but I eventually fall asleep when I am tired enough. He goes to work at 3am and I don't even notice it anymore!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Been married 10 years and ever since year 2, I've slept in a different bed/bedroom. It has done wonders for our relationship as my wife is a very light sleeper and I am a huge snorer. Also I go to bed way after her and am also a big night time reader. Like till 2AM sometimes. Or later...

So when you get it on do you have to choose a bedroom first? :laugh:
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My parents sleep in separate beds because my dad is a major snorer and my mom has chronic pain in her shoulder and back and needs lots of room and a good sleep. They seem to be happily married.

This is not a general yes or no question as all couples are unique - different strokes for different folks!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My hubby & I don't go to bed together (at the same time, he likes to stay up late enough to wait for me to fall asleep) BUT I just don't sleep well unless he's in bed with me, once I am asleep if he spend the night on the couch (because like a dolt he's fallen asleep out there) I'll wake up in the middle of the night and not sleep well...
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I do share a bed with my spouse, but that is because we only have one bedroom. When we lived in a larger place, I would sometimes sleep alone because we were on different schedules. Also, he used to snore quite loudly, but that isn't much of an issue now that he has lost weight. But, I would sleep in the guest room on a regular basis because of his snoring.

I don't think separate bedrooms is a hallmark of a loveless marriage. I also take separate vacations from my husband. It gives us something to talk about later. :smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's becoming pretty common for married people not only to sleep separately but to live in separate residences and they seem to be happy that way.

I prefer sleeping next to my SO. We're cuddlers, too, so we're pretty much always touching. But everyone is different and has different priorities.
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My husband and I sleep in separate beds, but typically in the same room. He wakes up very easily and I move around too much in the middle of the night... so I'm constantly waking him up. We've found it easier to have different beds. We also disagree on room temperature (which is a complete deal breaker for me) so whenever he starts cranking up the heater, I move out to the living room with the cats. If it's been a long day, then we might have a little sexy time and take a nap together after - excellent stress reliever!

The only exception to our sleeping habits is when we're away from home. I absolutely cannot sleep in a new place without my husband in bed with me. He just has to deal with my cuddles, drooling, and potential snoring until we return home :p

My sister makes fun of us because we're newly weds yet have the sleeping arrangements of an elderly couple. :p In total honesty, where I sleep doesn't have too much of an effect on how close I feel to my spouse. We get our lovey-dovey moments in during my conscious hours - and that's good enough for me :)
  • RINat612
    Options

So when you get it on do you have to choose a bedroom first? :laugh:

Not really. It's pretty much understood that happens at her bed :happy:
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    We start off in bed together every night. In a perfect world we would wake up in the same bed. But my husband snores, :grumble: so I end up on the couch at some point at night. We have been happily married for 14 years. So far so good. :heart:
  • RINat612
    Options
    My husband and I sleep in separate beds, but typically in the same room. He wakes up very easily and I move around too much in the middle of the night... so I'm constantly waking him up. We've found it easier to have different beds. We also disagree on room temperature (which is a complete deal breaker for me) so whenever he starts cranking up the heater, I move out to the living room with the cats. If it's been a long day, then we might have a little sexy time and take a nap together after - excellent stress reliever!

The only exception to our sleeping habits is when we're away from home. I absolutely cannot sleep in a new place without my husband in bed with me. He just has to deal with my cuddles, drooling, and potential snoring until we return home :p

My sister makes fun of us because we're newly weds yet have the sleeping arrangements of an elderly couple. :p In total honesty, where I sleep doesn't have too much of an effect on how close I feel to my spouse. We get our lovey-dovey moments in during my conscious hours - and that's good enough for me :)

Completely forgot temperature. I sleep with a fan on blowing on me all night long. The louder the fan the better. That drives the wife crazy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is important to me. I also like it when we go to bed at the same time (99% of the time this is the case).
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I don't like cuddling, my boyfriend is the world's biggest bed hog, and on top of that he's a flailer and I occasionally wind up with bruises even when I stay in my little corner edge.

But for all that, I don't sleep well when he's away because I'm used to the hogging/flailing/snoring/furnacing and it's really weird to not have it.

When either of us travel for work, it's super tough to get to sleep. I don't think it's important from an intimacy perspective necessarily but it does mess with my sleep habits!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is crucial to our marriage. We hav a toddler and everything is about him during his waking hours, and sometimes during his non-waking hours! Spooning and snuggling is our way to have some time together before rolling over to sleep separately. I know he's there though, and sometimes I do reach out to touch him in the night. It makes me happy.
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Completely forgot temperature. I sleep with a fan on blowing on me all night long. The louder the fan the better. That drives the wife crazy.

If he doesn't have the room hot enough to roast nuts, then he's not happy. I could deal with a fan going all night - noise isn't a big deal to me... but sweating myself to death? Nahhh, that's for cardio. :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It depends on the couple, really.
    Hubby and I don't sleep together for a variety of reasons, but mainly because he snores and he likes to sleep with the TV on. I am completely opposite.
  • hdyanneh
    hdyanneh Posts: 39
    Options
    Mine is out of town ALOT so we absolutely share a bed when he is home!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    My ex-hubby slept on the couch a lot because of his heinous snoring problem. Really, I think if we had been better for each other, he would have been motivated to get help for the snoring and I would have been more tolerant of it, so I think it was a symptom of our relationship issues.

My current boyfriend, who is the love of my life, would never dream of sleeping on the couch, and I would hate it if he did. We both sleep better together.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i love sleeping with my husband. i go to bed at around 730p every night due to medication that i take (it makes me pass out), he tucks me in and gives me kisses and i love yous. then he comes to bed around 10p and i wake up and we have a little conversation and we say our i love yous and snuggle. i go right back to sleep. sometimes i wake up to his snoring, but i just wake him up and roll him over. the dog is thing that wakes me up, she gets up on the bed and stretches out and knocks me off the bed. hate sleeping with the dog.