What has changed for you with MFP?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
The biggest change for me, apart from being more active... I'm cooking. Never cooked before. Now I'm always looking for recipes (mostly of things I shouldn't make in the first place because I'm still learning moderation on baked goods). My husband is really happy about it, but has unfortunately gained weight while I lost mine.

You?

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Well, now I'm single.
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thats funny, I just had this talk last night the biggest thing is being self aware, knowing that i'm eating because i'm bored or am I eating bc i'm hungry. And knowing just because it all fits in a bowl or on one plate does not make it a recommended serving size. Understanding food and changing my relationship with it.

I've always been decently active but I love food. Now I just have to love it different.
  • ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well, I've become more self conscious and want to look better then I used to...now I actually care what I wear!! Also, I work out more and feel abit better about myself
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Lots...I've gained more confidence and feel better about myself....and yeah, like Mia, I'm now single. Ooops :laugh:
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Well, now I'm single.

Yeah, *sigh* me too. Besides this I am definitely much more active and physically fit and am cooking a lot more than I used to. I'm getting my kids to eat healthier as well which is good (even though they fight it some).
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    My productivity at work has declined.

Oh and I'm 100+ lbs lighter.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have a lot less clothes that for sure...

I am no longer the "fat" friend and I am not sure how my friends feel about that....

Other than that I really can't think of much...will find out this summer I guess...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I seem to be addicted to forum posting and finding gifs. and I lift a lot more now.
  • paigecash
    paigecash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Now I really watch my calories, and I'm a better judge of what the calorie count of food is. And I've had to buy new clothes and have some altered.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Mum told me that all I talk about is weightloss/ exercise and that I need to watch out because it's boring and no-one else cares and that I need to find some new conversation..

BUT I LIKE FAT LOSS FACTS!!!!!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Everything.

I have become more aware of what and how much I am eating.
    I have stopped secret eating.
    I have become more confident and I am beginning to like myself again.

I am in general happier.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I became a giant *kitten*
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I am much more aware of what and WHY I am eating. Logging keeps me accountable. Some days I make the choice to go over my calories, but it never sneaks up on my anymore. I don't mindlessy eat, because I force myself to log it before I eat it.

And, I know a whole lot more about a whole lot. In general. I've learned a lot about diet and exercise, and I having started and come to love running.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm more aware of portion sizes.
    I'm conscious of the food choices I make.
    I am much more active.
    I don't find time to exercise. I make time to exercise.
    I've met some really cool fitness oriented friends here.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I realized how much I used to "reward" myself for situations that were perceived. "Oh, today is going to be busy, I'd better eat a big breakfast." "Oh, someone bought donuts to work, I know there're high in calories, but I'll only have one. That's being healthy, right?" And on and on. Once I begin logging, it was as crystal clear and I'm actually surprised I was not more over-weight and in poorer health than I was.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    realized there really is no fattening food, only fattening behavior
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I've lost one friend who needed to have "all eyes on her". Not too big a loss, though. I've made way more because I have the confidence to say hello to people now.

I'm way more comfy in my own skin - I rarely feel the need to wear make up anymore unless it's date night with hubby.

I got my very first bikini, and I actually wear it in public.

And I'm way more flexible, which makes all kinds of things more fun. :wink:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I can now eat just one Pop Tart, or one actual serving of ice cream, not going by the "what will fit in my bowl" method.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have started making better choices all around.

No more excuses to over indulge when out to eat
    quit buying sweets when I head to the store
    make myself be more active
    drink more water and less sodas/coffee
    but I think the best thing is beginning to feel my self confidence and pride increase, I'm more motivated and loving it all!
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    realized there really is no fattening food, only fattening behavior

Never thought it this way.