What has changed for you with MFP?

Options

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I pay more attention to what I'm eating, drink a lot more water, and browse recipes online a lot more than I used to.

I'm more willing to try new things, and do things I never would have before. The "old" me would have been too intimidated to try Insanity or Combat, but now I'm all "bring it on!" I've recently taken up running, and am easing my way into lifting. "Old" me would have been happy to just hang out and wish I could be more fit like other people are.

I have a lot more confidence than I had before. I know that I can do stuff... it may not be pretty, but by golly, I can do it. If something happens at work, or I have a bad day, it's easier to shake it off because I know that I'm working on being amazing.

My husband likes to pick me up more. I HATE getting picked up, so that's a not so fun change, haha
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My life is 1000 times better.

I'm half the size I used to be. I can shop in regular stores My wardrobe is a lot smaller because I have had to replace absolutely everything, except maybe some socks. I can rock a sleeveless dress or shirt. I don't care what people think of me/what I am wearing at the gym, because hey, I'm there to work out. I'll go out in public in workout gear. I am no longer the fattest person in the room!

I read labels closely, drink far less alchol and far more water, and eat/cook healthier. I measure things when I cook and keep track of what's going in to my mouth.

I love to move and find ways to incorporate exercise in to my work day. I take the stairs up. Instead of just dreaming of cool adventures, I'm doing them. No more sidelines for me.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    When one of my friends asks "how many calories do you think is in X", everyone looks at me and I usually know.
    If I don't know they all know I can look it up fast.
  • rickfla1
    rickfla1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a lot more conscious of what I eat now and when I eat, snacks in particular. I log a morning snack after breakfast and an afternoon snack after lunch. If I think about grabbing something else to eat, I think , I'm going to need to log this and I am able to control the craving knowing where I am for the day.
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For me it's realising how many calories I've eaten and where the limit is. Hope to keep it up and finally get out of a plateau :)
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am more confident and I can share clothes with my 20 year old daughter. In fact, I have to watch because she will "borrow" clothes of mine if I am not too careful and I will never see them again.

I can walk into and buy from Victoria's Secret. I go clothes shopping and pick up a medium shirt and my first thought is"this will never fit me"; try it on and I am always so surprised when it does!
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i am happy. :)
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Before MFP, I never "thought" about what I ate. I ate when I was hungry, and after a long run just figured I deserved that big plate of shrimp Alfredo and my 2 margaritas. Now... since I'm tracking I have to be aware of what I eat. HUGE reevaluations...
  • msthang444
    Options
    My productivity at work has declined.

Oh and I'm 100+ lbs lighter.

LOL ^^^^^ THIS
  • msthang444
    Options
    My productivity at work has declined.

Oh and I'm 100+ lbs lighter.

LOL ^^^^^ THIS (except for that 100 lbs lighter)
  • msthang444
    Options
    I seem to be addicted to forum posting

^^^^^ this too.... I am supposed to be studying right now LOL
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I learned how to cook(kinda) lol
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    All the darn measuring, weighting, cooking and cleaning. That is the part that I don't like; and my personal productivity has gone downhill too, and the Forums are partially to blame for it. The rest is my own doing.:ohwell: :ohwell:
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am actually losing weight and feel gooooood!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    MFP was a great training ground for me and helped me become much more aware of proper nutrition and balancing out my diet and eating appropriate portions for my goals. It also led me to a greater understanding of the relationship between my calorie goals and my activity. MFP also led to my re-discovering my love for fitness.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    -Cook more
    -Have started eating differently
    -Less binging <-llololl. Less..
  • samanthaxb
    samanthaxb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    realized there really is no fattening food, only fattening behavior

Well put! :drinker:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    OK I agree with way too much time on the forums...
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Things that have changed for me:

- I lift heavy (never knew this was even a thing before MFP)
    - I see food more as fuel than I used to. I noow think what's the best meal/food/snack I can get to fit my macros rather than how much chocolate can I eat for my calories.
    - quality over quantity...follows on from above but I look at overall macros of food and pick what's best. Whereas I used to eat all the packaged low fat foods so I could eat loads of them!
    - I eat more calories dieting than I did before. Before MFP I would pretty much starve myself to lose weight which always ended il in a big binge bringing me right back to square one. Now I know about TDEE and BMR and therefore realise I can actually eat food and lose weight!
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a lot more conscious of what I am putting into my body, which conversely gives me a lot more guilt when I flub or **** up.