HELP! I'm losing my ASSets!

Options
2»

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!

I wish I can take you guys home with me so y'all can whip my *kitten* in shape (pun intended). lol

Now, I just gotta look up "hip thrusts".

And Brazil Butt Lift is the next Beachbody workout that I will be adding to my collection :happy:

You'll get a lot more good out of 1.) eating enough calories 2.) eating enough protein and 3.) starting a progressive loading strength training program that includes barbell squats, deadlifts, barbell hip thrusts, and possibly some single leg work like split squats or lunges.
    Yeah, I also wanted to make sure that you got the message that these hip thrusts need to be weighted. You can do unweighted ones until your husband's eyes pop out and roll around on the floor :wink: but without progressive load, your muscles will be like, "I'm cool; I'll just get better at doing these, no need to actually get bigger to accommodate the extra load."

And as she says, you gotta eat and you gotta eat protein. :drinker: <-- :proteinshakeforyou:
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Less cardio, more hip thrusts, glute bridges, squats, and deads. And make them heavy.

And yes, Bret Contreras. I do his programs and they reallllly work.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!

I wish I can take you guys home with me so y'all can whip my *kitten* in shape (pun intended). lol

Now, I just gotta look up "hip thrusts".

And Brazil Butt Lift is the next Beachbody workout that I will be adding to my collection :happy:

You'll get a lot more good out of 1.) eating enough calories 2.) eating enough protein and 3.) starting a progressive loading strength training program that includes barbell squats, deadlifts, barbell hip thrusts, and possibly some single leg work like split squats or lunges.

Yes.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    There are some wonderfully smart ladies on this page. Go grab a barbell and watch your butt get awesome!
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You're all amazing and I'm taking notes!

Expect a follow from me...:wink:
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm taking notes, too. :-)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    So we arent getting pics...

:cry:
  • thefitnessdiaries
    Options
    Great thread for meeeeee. All the info I was looking for.
  • thefitnessdiaries
    Options
    barbell hip thrusts, barbell bridges
    barbell hip thrusts, barbell squats
    barbell hip thrusts, cable kick-backs
    barbell hip thrusts, back extensions
    barbell hip thrusts, romanian deadlifts
    and of course
    barbell hip thrusts.

I lost my butt, too, but it came back with a vengeance with hip thrusts. I squatted deep for a year and didn't see nearly the results I saw from a few months of hip thrusts, bridges and glute isolation work.

Me likes!
  • mvlonergan
    mvlonergan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts. I'm a guy and I'm doing them so I can get some assets back there. (After years of my wife saying I have chicken legs and no butt, even when I was 30 pounds heavier, I had to do something!)