What alcohol can I drink?

Options
What is the best alcohol to drink when on a night out whilst trying to lose weight? I've always been a beer girl

Replies

• mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose Vodka and soda water with a twist of lime is relatively low in calories.
  • kgladney427
    kgladney427 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    miller / coors / bud light all have around 100 calories
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Wine, shots, or diet mixers are going to be your best alcohol/calorie ratio.
  • WolfChylde
    WolfChylde Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The typical cran-sprite-vodka is good. Or Captain and diet coke.
    The website http://getdrunknotfat.com/ rates and gives caloric information.
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Personally, I make sure my workout covers the calories I will consume from the beer I plan to drink. And then I try to hold myself to the occasional splurge not a regular thing.
  • lauranordersvu
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I probably only drink once every two weeks so its not a huge issue, I just want to make the right decisions as I can tend to get a little crazy on Sailor Jerrys and coke mixers when I'm in the mood ;)
  • GotShellica
    GotShellica Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vodka + club soda or diet sprite here.

But man almighty.... I miss IPAs.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I usually drink or if I want liquor I drink a shot of vodka with some type of juice.
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I grabbed some Hansen's Diet Ginger Ale as an impulse buy at Trader Joe's. It was delicious, but I found myself thinking that it would be even better with some rum in it. I went to their website, and right there the description of the soda, it said to mix it with my favorite liquor. Therefore, Hansen's told me to go buy a bottle of rum. Diet Ginger Ale + Captain Morgan's is gonna be my drink of choice this weekend.
  • CuAlMc
    CuAlMc Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a white spirit and soda water and lime. great taste and hardly any calories. or I drink a low calorie wine mixed with soda water
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What is the best alcohol to drink when on a night out whilst trying to lose weight? I've always been a beer girl

When has calories ever been important when drinking? This surely like considering which is the most healthy toppings on a large stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut....

Drink beer. Ok. Drink strong beer if your aim is to get drunk, so to drink less pints
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a white spirit and soda water and lime. great taste and hardly any calories. or I drink a low calorie wine mixed with soda water

Great taste? The Advertising Standards Agency should be able to charge you for that....
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    miller / coors / bud light all have around 100 calories

She's asking about alcohol, not beer flaovoured water!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    if you are over 18 .. what ever you like.
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Gin and Slimline Tonic :-)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Red Wine! but probably not more than 3 bottles!!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Drink what you normally drink!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic :-)
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    if you are over 18 .. what ever you like.

Not necessarily ...... 21 in some States / Countries ;-)