Anyone else ever go over their calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sashamufasa
    Options
    Yeah, just don't over think it, and be conscious about your goals tomorrow. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I go over every weekend.

I am old(er) and not a rookie at the weight control game. I learned long ago that working my diet around my lifestyle yeilds better results than trying to change my lifestyle, which I happen to love. I like to let loose on the weekends. Parties, gatherings, cookouts, etc. I both eat and drink more on weekends. So, I purposely eat under during the week because I know I'll go over every weekend.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I eat to maintenance or a little above at least one day a week. Keeps me sane and happy.
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    everyone does now and then....but you have all week to balance that out! sometimes having some of what we love and doing with less for another day is so worth it! in the long run....it wont make a diffrence. :wink:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I wish I had like a bike, treadmill or an elliptical to try and "fix" it. All I have is a mini stepper, is that just as good?

You can burn a lot of calories on those mini-steppers!
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I don't go over my calorie goal but if I did, I wouldn't feel guilty. It's easy enough to do a short exercise routine to counteract going over if necessary.
  • bobbyguns
    bobbyguns Posts: 33
    Options
    I "go over my calories" every week. Or at least eat at maintenance, AND eat tons of carbs every Sunday. It's called a re-feed, and anyone who is eating at a significant deficit (more than 20-25%) all week should consider doing the same thing. Or, at the very least eating a free meal or 2 every week. Guilt? I'd feel guilty if I DIDN'T do it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Too much. Lately I've been having some treats that SHOULD fit in my calories, but then I get very hungry later and end up eating too much. It's happened once or twice a week in the last month, drives me nuts.
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I go over all the time! As long as when I finish my diary for the day and it says I'd lose at or at least weigh the same in 5 weeks if every day was like today, I don't feel too awful. I just recently upped my calories a little so I wouldn't be as prone to going over lol.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    You should feel guilty. No one goes over their calories. Ever.

I say we take a vote to kick OP off MFP for being such a glutton.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday and Sunday. But it's planned and I don't go over my weekly calorie limit.
  • mestiza91
    mestiza91 Posts: 51
    Options
    i am on a week and a half of counting my calories. i do go over and under on some days, so what i have thought of doing is to add up all my calories for 1 week and post it on my profile. that way i keep a weekly track as the report chart confuses me.

for example:

week 1 7830/8000
    week 2 pending/8000

maybe this will help?
  • mestiza91
    mestiza91 Posts: 51
    Options
    I wish I had like a bike, treadmill or an elliptical to try and "fix" it. All I have is a mini stepper, is that just as good?

You wish you had "like a bike". What is like a bike?

oh god. i found this quite funny!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yes - I purposely try to do this once atleast every two weeks.