Naturally thin people...what do you eat in a day?

Options
Though there may not be many of you on here, I am just really curious to see the everyday diet of a naturally thin person. Does anyone have an open diary they'd be okay with me looking out or just copying and pasting a sample day?

Replies

• Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The guys i work with or know that are naturally thin, eat everything and anything they want. where i look at a slice of pizza and i'll gain 5lbs.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Though there may not be many of you on here, I am just really curious to see the everyday diet of a naturally thin person. Does anyone have an open diary they'd be okay with me looking out or just copying and pasting a sample day?

Maybe ask in the gaining forum? Generally if you're naturally thin you won't be trying to lose weight.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Surely you'd need to know how active they are and how they compare with others? "Naturally" thin in my friends translates as more active than the fatter ones quite often.
  • Memorysketch
    Memorysketch Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My daughter eats everything - her metabolism is insane. I think there's more to it than just what someone eats in a day. But GL!
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Maybe you would get a better response rate if you post this in the "gain weight" forum?
    Anyway I am answering because I used to be naturally thin, up until I had two kids back to back.
    So in response, I ate anything and everything, but I do have to say I am no picky eater, so I ate veggies and fruit as much as I ate nachos with chesse.
    Im not really overweight even now (5'5, 129 pounds) but I am USED to be being thin, I was all my life. And I could eat 4 slices of pizza in one sitting, wouldn't gain a pound, at times i even tried hard to gain, no luck ... those days are long gone : (
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm offended by the "there may not be many of you on here" comment that I can't clarify my thoughts enough to say anything more

But they don't exist. Truth is they may appear to eat more than you, they either don't or they are far more active. You can achieve the same, medical conditions aside, if you practice the same habits.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I suppose I qualify though Pooh Bear up there is right, I've been active to some degree my whole life. You're more than welcome to poke around my diary. I think the biggest thing is moderation and tuning in to your body. Particularly since getting into heavy lifting, I've become very aware of how my body reacts to food and exercise. PM me if there's anything I can do to further help you :flowerforyou:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    eggs, turkey bacon, baked chicken, quinoa, rosted veggies, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes and sometimes a partial box of Milk Duds or something sweet, in moderation. I'm not currently logging, but that's a typical day for me. (Chicken for lunch and dinner).

ETA: I will eat what I want in moderation, but I too am very active. Always on the go.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    lol at "naturally thin."
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I've talked to my mom about this, who is and has always been thin (she's in her mid-70s). She eats when she is hungry and only as much as fulfils that. Usually it's some cereal or oats in the morning, a sandwich in the afternoon with a piece of fruit and a small serving of whatever for dinner with a small desert...she might have a small snack. She never, ever eats to feeling over-full and rarely to feeling full - she ends up full once the food makes it to her stomach but she's never uncomfy.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    lol at "naturally thin."
    Lol, exactly.

What nonsense.
    Options
    It's a fallacy. They SEEM like they eat whatever. But, if you follow them around all day for a week, you'll find that 1) they never ever snack. When they eat, they eat, but they don't eat a lot in a day. They might eat one big meal, and then the other meals are small or they skip them. For instance, maybe no brekky, a huge lunch with people at work, no snacks all day, then they go home and have a small nibble for dinner and that's it. You really don't know unless you are with them all day and night for at least several days.

While there might be a few cases of this, it's not that common, and I think mostly it's BS. It is CICO and that's all it is. They only SEEM like they eat whatever they want, but they don't eat a lot of calories at the end of the day.

not true. I eat 3 meals and snack in between and am usually around 1600-1800 calories a day.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Back in the day when I could claim this, my diet consisted of ice ceam, pizza, chicken wings, Little Debbie snacks and 3,000-plus calorie restaurant meals.

I know people don't think it's possible to eat that much and be thin, but I did. I had no idea how many calories I was even eating back then because I didn't track and I ate smaller amounts of food (by volume) that was VERY calorie dense. And, no, I didn't exercise much at all.

But when I turned 28, my metabolism decided to take a nosedive and now I eat a fraction of the calories and can't lose for trying. :-(
    Options
    It's a fallacy. They SEEM like they eat whatever. But, if you follow them around all day for a week, you'll find that 1) they never ever snack. When they eat, they eat, but they don't eat a lot in a day. They might eat one big meal, and then the other meals are small or they skip them. For instance, maybe no brekky, a huge lunch with people at work, no snacks all day, then they go home and have a small nibble for dinner and that's it. You really don't know unless you are with them all day and night for at least several days.

While there might be a few cases of this, it's not that common, and I think mostly it's BS. It is CICO and that's all it is. They only SEEM like they eat whatever they want, but they don't eat a lot of calories at the end of the day.

not true. I eat 3 meals and snack in between and am usually around 1600-1800 calories a day.

You completely missed my point.

my apologies, I'm running on little sleep. It appears to me that you said thin people just don't eat.... forgive me and my state of forever sleeping. zzzzzz
    Options

You completely missed my point.

I'm not sure you even understand what this thread is about.

seeing that I am naturally thin and I responded to the OP accordingly, I'd say I actually do know what this thread is about.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My diary is always open...but make no mistake I am not "naturally thin", whatever that means. I worked and still work DAMN hard to get to where I am now.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    But they don't exist. Truth is they may appear to eat more than you, they either don't or they are far more active. You can achieve the same, medical conditions aside, if you practice the same habits.

This. My husband has been thin all his life but really he probably eats about 2500 calories on average (he'll just skip meals if he's to lazy to make something) and is constantly moving. One of our daughters is just like him. She constantly moves, can't not run, or jump or wiggle.