2 Reasons why Insanity is USELESS and DANGEROUS

Options

Replies

• Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I lost 15lbs+ pounds with insanity! Starting at 271! I didn't gain it back and that was 2 years ago when I did it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    From the Desk of Vince Delmonte

Yes you did read correctly Insanity and all other Beachbody related products are dangerous and a waste of time and money .

1) People want to lose weight too quickly its impossible to lose that much weight in such a short period of time before your body goes into "rebound affect " and gains it all back . Successful weight loss is a long term effort not a stupid quick fix like Insanity. Obese people want to buy their health hoping for a quick return rather than putting in the work more in the longterm .

2) Its bad for your joints especially your knees !

Fat loss is a long term solutions you average americans want to shift 100 lbs of fat in 3 month it aint gunna happen its a commitment for life not 3 months

Vince Delmonte
    Insanity isn't designed for obese people. Insanity is designed and marketed toward fit people who need the extra cardio challenge. As for it being bad for your joints, anything can be bad for your joints if you do it improperly. You know what's also really bad for joints? Sitting in a chair while typing on a computer.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Who is Vince Delmonte and why should I care what he says? Is he some fitness blogger!?

Apparently he's a 34 year old female :laugh:
    Haha…yep 34 year old female….and only has 1 friend on MFP…gee, I wonder why?!
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    in for the ride
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I agree to an extent, although your delivery is rude as ****.

I don't think obese people should be doing Insanity in the first place. It's much too advanced.

I also think that interval training/HIIT should be done for 15-25 mins max.... not a freaking hour. And it's far too much cardio in my opinion. But that's just a personal decision.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    StarTrekSpockFascinating1.jpg
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    wait wait wait..... brah is a woman?
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great news! I always enjoy reading useless information from men that look as if they spend more time on their hair than I do mine.

Insanity is possibly the best workout I have ever had. Hard on knees? Yeah I supposed unless you do the moves as intended. Now please go on and explain how weights are the real reason I have lost over 50 lbs please. Because all of the running I do and the Insanity, Turbofire, and P90x3 are useless and dangerous for my health.
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Insanity.. and it's not hurt me in any way.. in fact I have more endurance and I am much stronger now than when I started it. I do it in group class at our gym, 3 days a week.

In 2011 I lost 129 pounds... then 2012 I hit the "wall" and I plateaued and stayed there... until I added Insanity twice a week to my normal routine. I had tried adding other classes, eating more, eating less, etc... About a month after adding Insanity I finally started losing again and I have now added a third class. It's a challenge and I still have to modify some things but overall I am getting stronger, I have more endurance and I am consistently losing just under a pound a week.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    From the desk of Crateria_:

HAHAHAHAH

Sincerely and with love,
    Crateria_
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    so... I went to your profile. and I see that you don't agree with a gender binary. good on you.

the only thing you're right about is that there is no quick fix.

I also see that you've never been fat. so, excuse me if I don't take your word for it and I go looking for all of the amazing ppl on here who HAVE lost hundreds of pounds doing whatever needs to be done. it takes time and effort.

here's the thing though, if Insanity is the ONLY thing that someone has time for and enjoys doing, and now you - a "trainer" - comes in here spouting that it's dangerous, and they buy that, so they stop. the weight they were losing comes back, and then some (b/c that's how it works on this side of the unfit divide) ... is that BETTER for their joints and their body than Insanity was?

No workout is useless if someone enjoys doing it.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm really uncomfortable with Insanity. I think group exercise like that is discouraging people from listening to their bodies.

I also know a couple of doctors in accident and emergency in hospital and they get plenty of insanity victims.

Yes there are some great results, it's not 'useless', but after having seen my poor ex mother in law reduced to walking with a stlck for the rest of her life, and in pain, from a over zealous PT, I don't like the idea of competitive group weight training one bit.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In for judgmental attitudes and negativity...

In because the title had a couple CAPPED WORDS.

But the emphasis makes it more LEGIT... right?
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    In to learn how cardio is useless...

^ This... in too!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Who?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    "within 24 short weeks I gained 41 pounds of drug-free muscle." ... sure you did, and I'm actually an owl who types, talks and lifts weights.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I cannot tell if the OP is a troll or an idiot....
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Whatever... Vince... or Vincette......

Your way is perfect, others are not