5"5 ladies.. what is your ideal weight

Replies

• Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    I don't go by the weight... More of feel and performance and how maintainable that weight is. Right now thats in the range of 118 - 120ibs... Can't weigh any less since I love food too much.
  • I am 5'5 I don't have a weight number. I want to look good thats all I care about. The number I want to pay attention to is body fat%
  • I don't have an "ideal weight". I'm going for an ideal look and ease of maintaining that look.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    I'm 5'4.5'' and my ultimate goal weight is 125(I think). My lowest adult weight was 130 and I didn't like the way I look. The internet says I have a small frame, but I think it's medium(my shoulders are pretty wide). I don't have a time frame but I think I can make it to 125 somewhere in July/August. I'm 138 now.
    Edited because I'm illiterate.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Wow, some of those weights seem really low to me, but good for you all if you reach it. My goal weight is 145-150 which is just find for this 45 year old. I believe I was 145 when I got married at the age of 28 so I will take it! Shortly after my husband passed away I was at 135 and just looked sickly so I will not go that far again! Good luck to everyone on reaching their goal weight!

This for me! My goal is 145 to 150 - I look "sickly" at any weight smaller than this range.
  • lback89
    lback89 Posts: 17 Member
    I am currently 298 lbs. My goal is around 160-150.

Still have a ways to go :)
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    aiming for 150 have curvy frame goal is to be down by December 2014
  • runsoborun
    runsoborun Posts: 43 Member
    I felt the BEST at 135. I will get back down there which was my wedding weight ... 8 years ago.

19905062.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jec228
    jec228 Posts: 67 Member
    I am 5'4" and currently at 147... have been as low as 137 and as high as 160+. I felt best at that lowest weight but it was harder for me to maintain... I am aiming to get there again but will be happy to settle around 140 for awhile and focus more on how I feel and look.
  • ProudAirforceWife
    ProudAirforceWife Posts: 38 Member
    I am 5'5 and started at 157 (my heaviest was 160) and aiming for 130 with maintenance between 130-135. No set time frame as this is a life change and I set small goals at 5 lb intervals :) and each time I treat myself. For exercise I have been using my Fitbit and walking as much as I can. After Easter I plan to add in 30 day shred. I know we can all do this and we are! We all have to find a weight that works for us and that we feel good in our own bodies. Like I say on my profile, I will never be that 20 year old body but who says my mid-40 year old body can't rock it :) Cheers!
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Seeing these weights that people post here makes me depressed XD
    I'm 5'5 and goal weight right now is 142-145. The *lowest* I've been was 130 and I just looked ill, so I have no interest in going back to the 130s. I'll just probably stay on the higher range of the "healthy" weights, but it matches my body I think (or I hope)

your weight is just a number in the grand scheme of things.... aim for a lower bodyfat and more muscle mass, whatever number that ends up, that is the best YOU ;]

same goes to YOU OP
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    My journey has no ideal weight but at my healthiest (smallest) I was a size & 135 lbs granted I was super lean from all the strength and conditioning classes I took trying to mingle with the jocks as well as being very active. I am 5'5 and would love nothing more than to reach 140-150 but honestly I really just want to feel confident and comfortable in my own skin again.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    5'5 124 p going for 110 p
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    I'm 5'5" and I'm aiming for 130 currently.
  • 2BeFitMama
    2BeFitMama Posts: 4 Member
    My goal is 145 initially and then maybe 140 if I still feel like I have some weight to lose. I've got about 13 lbs to go until I hit 145, so we will see how I feel then!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    5'5", goal is 130 but I'm not sure I'll ever get there :laugh: I'm 135 now. well a bit more because I've been retaining water, but around that. I have a large frame though, 22% body fat currently (maybe a bit less now). I'd like to get to 20%.
  • SloRose
    SloRose Posts: 67
    I am 5'5", my current weight is 132 lbs, my dream weight is 115 but depending on how much lean muscle I gain, the actual number on the scale may matter less and less as I start to like how lean and toned my body becomes. (because I hear muscle weighs more than fat)
  • ggluvbug1
    ggluvbug1 Posts: 87 Member
    I am 5'4" and I think my goal is between 145-150. I was at 250 at one point and got down to 155. I was wearing a size 10, and a medium top. I could fit into a few 8's. I am pretty sure I could get into most 8's at 145-150. When I graduated high school I was a 6 at 140. While I would love to be back at that size, I am not going to set that as my goal and feel disappointed when I cant get there. Currently, I am 176 and a size 12. I should be back in my 10's in another 10 pounds.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    This is completely relative to muscle and build. I'm 145 now and in my profile pics, the Britney costume was probably 138 or so? And I think I look pretty good there but my shoulders and arms are way more ripped now. I would lose my boobs and butt if I got lower than that and I want to keep my figure, not aim to look like a 14 year old boy or my 18 year old self pre-hips. We have higher fat for a reason ladies - don't feel bad if you are confident at a higher weight than some of these much lower weight goals. It's all about what makes you confident.