Replies

• judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Asparagus salad, made with Asparagus, bacon, lettuce, almonds, and cranberries and parmesan cheese (the fresh kind of course). Yummy and you can add chicken or shrimp to it also.
    Also Chicken breast sauted and then spinach sauted down and cream cheese mixed in then add the chicken back in or on top doesn't matter, it's still amazing.
  • nurse_shell74
    nurse_shell74 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    These are some of the items that I eat....Black Bean burgers, cottage cheese and pineapple or strawberries with a little splenda, laughing c ow cheese and 34 degrees crackers, tomato soup with cheeze it crackers, shrimp rolled in rice paper with carrots, cucumbers and Sriracha , shrimp with cocktail sauce, pb2 and sugar free jelly on Sarah Lee low calorie bread, and fried egg sandwich on Sarah Lee low calorie bread.
  • MrsRatfire
    MrsRatfire Posts: 102
    Options
    I steam rice and keep it in the refrigerator. I frequently stir-fry vegetable and then the rice, of course I measure the rice and the oil in the WOK. Basic stir-fried rice is steamed rice, used the next day (it stores in the frig a LONG time), a bit of oil in the wok, garlic cloves sliced- bring to sizzling. Add rice and stir into oil for a minute. Next, add chicken broth, stock or bullion and soy sauce to make it into to the fried rice flavor. You have to steam the rice. Rice steamers are very cheap and come in handy. I also steam my rice in bullion water to help flavor.

To keep ahead of garlic- you clean 2 or 3 bulbs at once. You can google how to clean garlic in 60 seconds- basically you put it in a covered container and shake it up and down and the peels break off. (see the MANY U-tubes on this). I then put the clean cloves in a small storage dish and cover them with olive oil to preserve. Now I have a constant supply of fresh garlic and garlic oil to spruce things up.

I brush most vegetables with Olive OIl, toss in sliced garlic cloves, lemon or balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper and roast. Delicious. I love roasted carrots. Those I just peel and slice, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with dried parsley and a tad of salt. Roast. Love them. I am a very SPEEDY cook, I am excellent at figuring out how to do things with the least amount of labor, and I have a well stocked pantry including herbs and spices. If you are getting bored, you may have to expand the herbs, spices and learn new processes to flavor food, quickly! I am excellent at cutting out labor.

I will give you one more trick- I use my ovens a lot. Many people only use it on holidays. That is part of the boredom dieters have too. A small oven is good to have, a small catering oven on the counter or a smaller oven included with your stove. I buy parchment paper in bulk and keep it in a box in the garage. I fold up a piece and cover almost everything I put in my ovens. Hardly any clean-up! I just chuck out the paper and the pan needs a wipe or two. I roast veggies this way- after roasting them, I would NEVER go back to steaming or boiling. They taste fantastic this way! Recipes are abundant on line. If you can speed up your processes of cleaning and cooking, and use your ovens, you will have so many more choices! Good luck!
  • soccermom4
    soccermom4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions they sure do help
  • soccermom4
    soccermom4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A piece of thin lean sirloin (called Palomilla in Spanish) sauteed with lots of onions and a side of veggies thrown in to soak up the seasonings (herbs, spices, some Sazon by Goya.)

Super yum. Does anyone cook anymore? Just asking.

Sounds delicious, I sure try to cook more...
  • mi2ak2co
    mi2ak2co Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump and Thanks!
  • tahneesummers88
    tahneesummers88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My favourite at the moment is Woolworths brand of Chicken and Leek Risotto. It is SO good.. and it's only 80 calories!!!! So so filling, if I'm not full enough I'll have a piece of bread and nuttelex with it.. but it's my fave at the moment. So low in cals and devine!
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Pretty much endless..
    Any kind of salad if easy on the dressing
    Any wrap if go easy on the cheese
    Any sandwiches made with low-calorie bread
    About 7-8 Buffalo chicken wings (not breaded)
    Ham and egg muffins
    Soups
    etc, etc,...
  • cookieanzac
    Options
    I saute ginger garlic paste in olive oil and add shredded cooked chicken breast, cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, onion, long beans and beansprouts for 4 minutes.Stir in a spoon of white vinegar and oyster sauce.done!
  • Mona90Alien
    Mona90Alien Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate to cook next to that I am not a great fan of veggies and fruit. (Means I prefer my veggies cooked, no salads please) But really mainly I am to lazy to cook! Hate it!!!
    Which doesn't mean I can't cook just don't see the point in waiting 30 minutes or longer next to my pots untill it's ready
    ( If I run off guaranteed I'll eat something else and forget I was cooking....)
    So If I 'cook' I like to just put everything together in the oven and wait untill it's ready (set my alarm). Pretty much no mess since I just throw everything together in one of those silicone things....

What I sometimes 'make' is : my kinda quiche pretty much in one of those silicone things
    eggs frozen spinach sliced chicken capsicum onion if I am up to it..... without that crusty bodem so I'm making an omelette in the oven.

I was mainly wondering does anyone have any other easy ideas to make in the oven?
    (Without making a big mess in my kitchen? (hate cleaning the thing :-D )
    this would be a great help since the oven and the microwave are my only 2 friends in the kitchen (next to the freezer)
    Thx
  • MrsRatfire
    Options
    Thanks for posting the food suggestion! This sounds yummy! I cook everything I eat, so this will be like falling off a log. I grow fresh herbs all summer- I live in Ohio. This year is going to be spectacular for me with my new found way forged on My fitness Pal- thanks for the website as well. Best Wishes!
  • MrsRatfire
    Options
    I am a cook- a kitchen whiz if ever a whiz there was! I have seen some great recipe sites, but this one takes the cake. It is a stunning collection of Lebanese, Moroccan and Persion recipes. There are MANY that fit into your diet, and of course, altering them to do so is a snap! http://www.dirtykitchensecrets.com