HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• julierogers68
    Options
    I personally really like Ruby, but here's some options (from when I was looking for my dog Ellie's name)

Lucy, Eva, Evey/Evee, Millie, Ellie, Dottie, Gabby, Allie, Dee Dee, Millie, Macy, Gucci, Kaya, Tilly, Penny, Lolly, Henly, Cookie, Emma, Tally, Mia, Abby, Indy, Bella, Sophie, Mia, Mya, Olive/Oliver, Maggie, Rosie, Lulu, Grace, Casey, Sadie, Callie, Lexy, Boosie, Dolly, Quinnie, Sydney/Sidney, Josie, Nala, Zoe, Hunny, Collie, Patty, Paddy, Madie, Cleo, Emmy, Kaya, Holly, Tia, Pita, Winnie, Chelsea, Chelly, Jelly, Berry, Ivy, Lilly, Luna, Brinkley, Berkley, Xi'an, Sitca, Dayton, Blue, Red, Noodle, Nessie, Jet, Ginger, Poppy, Willow, Lacey, Haley, Harley, Hatie, Nellie, Polly, Parker, Charlie, Cooper, Rocky, Eddie, Sammy, Oscar, Bo, Murphy, Marley, Chip, Brady, George, Chester, Billy, Junior, Louie, Freddie, Gibby, Gibs, Lucky, Martha/Marty, Tessa, Augi, Tina, Nina, Mila, Gidget, Gertie, Winnie, Bertie
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    She is 7 months old and has already gotten used to her name, why change it. Just like having a child, you don't go months with them getting used to something like their name to change it.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    If you keep her name as Ruby, she's just going to take her love to town.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I have a Ruby, too!

She is also a Pitbull. She is the sweetest and smartest.

You must let her stay a Ruby if you want her to stay sweet and smart. :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou:

I don't remember how to post images.

http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/128/27/128027_5330.jpg
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have a Ruby, too!

You must let her stay a Ruby if you want her to stay sweet and smart. :laugh: :laugh:

128027_5330.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I say keep the name. She is already used to it. Changing it now might confuse her. Whenever I adopt an animal that had previously been named, I keep the name.

That's how I ended up with a female dog named Charlie (they thought she was a boy) and a cat named Fluffy Monster (I think she was given to a toddler as a kitten).
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Ruby is a precious stone ! Keep the name! :)
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    YESSS!!! That's how I adopted my fur baby :) Fostered him and fell in love.

I'm partial to Ruby because that was my dog's name growing up. HOWEVER, I changed my current dog's name when I adopted him and he picked up on it quick. She'll be so happy she got a forever home her name will be the last thing she's upset over. :)

Congrats on your new family member! :)
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Stick with Ruby!! I have been fostering Pits for a long time now. They are stubborn dogs and its just so much easier to stick with the name it had.
  • jls341
    jls341 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Piper
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Change the dog's name to "Love". If the dog runs away you can then walk up to strangers and say "I'm looking for Love"
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    We named our dog Wuddles, then changed it to Merlin-Wuddles. but he was 3 months old.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    deohgie
    pronounced d. o.g.

:D ruby is a sweet name, and she is used to it , doenst it make sense to let her keep it ? I am partial to Ruby, the first Horse i Barrell raced with as a girl was Ruby, her and I we won several tournaments all before I hit double digits, she was smart and patient, and the sweetest most affectionate girl, when i turned 10 we bought her from the trainer..
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I have a Ruby, too!

128027_5330.jpg

Awww. Thank You :flowerforyou:

Isn't she cute! :love:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    The handsome little fella in my profile pic's shelter name was Randy. On the way home from the shelter I just started calling him Remy and he learned it in a day.

Remy has now been with me for 3 weeks and we couldn't be happier together!

ETA: Ruby seems like a fitting name for your pup. I wouldn't change it. But Sadie is a sweet name, or you could name her after the best Rottie to ever walk the earth, Sophie (my first dog).
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Ruby
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I vote Ruby. :wink:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is right. I don't like any of those names.

Everyone names their dog Bailey (I've met dozens of Baileys - yawn) Shiloh? Are you serious Miss Angelina Jolie-Pitt?
    Sadie? Is she a Jewish Grandmother? (HAHAHA - I crack myself up!)

How about Domino with all the black spots. Or something original. I mean REALLY original like some cool musician from the 40's. Or some made up character from a movie. My cat's name is LeeLoo Dallas. I once had a cat named Otis Redding (Otis for short) and a dog named Bennie Goodman (I spelled it Bennie.)

My brother had a jack russell with two black spots and he called him Deuce. See where I'm going with this?

She is a really cute puppy. Make her name match.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    olive!

Olive is cute!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    I've named cats after bass players.

Jones
    Bruce
    Entwistle