do you eat at night?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am glad I read this. I have been trying to stop late munching to help me lose faster but I have been losing relatively steadily with eating half my calories for the day after 7pm most days. I pre-plan my snacks to stay within my goals but thought maybe it would make a difference to eat earlier. I've even started exercising earlier to attempt to eat earlier and have been struggling with my routine. I'm just going to stop that nonsense and not stress about it since it seems not to matter.
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Another for later dinners and food before bed. Less now that I've not been working out much the last couple of weeks, but it's not at all uncommon for me to have a snack around 10:30 - 11:00.

I used to buy into the idea that you'd gain if you ate after X time, but when you eat really doesn't matter. It's about how much you are eating vs. how much you are burning.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm like a little kid if I need to go to sleep I need a full tummy adn since I'm a big milk drinker I try to save my large glass of milk for right before bed...This si the first time in years I haev seen the scale go the direction I wanted to and it still includes my late night food.

I need to be full to sleep too. If I'm the slightest bit hungry I'm up all night
  • gettingsexy94
    gettingsexy94 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If I wake up in the middle of the night, I'll grab myself some almonds or dates or even a slice of bread and then get back to sleep. I don't really care about the 'don't eat after 9pm or whatever' rule. If I feel hungry, I eat something. If I don't feel hungry but want to snack on something, I make myself a hot drink and go back to sleep.

Hope this helps :)
    xx
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    Lel. I eat until like midnight. If I can fit the calories in, I eat whenever I want. The whole "don't eat after dinner" rule is bogus. I've had amazing, consistent losses. And I eat whenever I want. Even if it's cantaloupe or cereal at 2am.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    If my stomach is rumbling then yes, I take it as it complaining it didn't get enough food for the day. If I am not truly feeling hunger signs then I know it is boredom or munchies only and I pour myself a big glass of water and sip on that or take a bunch of gulps right away. I still lose weight if I eat at night so its no problem for me.