how to cope with Easter?

Options
So, I don't know about where you are but in Australia, Easter is just a never ending supply of chocolate and big lunches and dinners.
How are you going to cope with it? Are you going to log/or not? Or maybe go for a 10 mile run after lunch?

Any ideas would be great because I am totally freaking out about it right now :ohwell:

Replies

• TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I say just eat in moderation and log in everything on MFP. Good luck!
  • luca15306
    luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm worried too! The UK sounds similar! Lots of meals and chocolate everywhere!
    I plan to take one meal at a time, as its going to be a pretty food filled weekend, probably eating out 3/4 times!
    One meal at a time, making the healthiest choices possible at each turn.
    I plan to have a few treats, otherwise I will end up eating more!
    Then everything starts well again on Monday ...weigh in, plan new exercise and carry on :)
    Enjoy it :)
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat a whole chocolate easter egg, and I am going to enjoy it all :love:

Nothing like self control :wink: :laugh: :drinker:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I've got a long weekend of wedding celebrations ahead of me so I intend to fully enjoy all the food, wine, cake and chocolate it throws at me. I most likely wont be logging. I'll be back at work next Wednesday when I'll be picking up where I left off and getting back on track.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy it and not worry! It's just one day out of the entire year. I have been eating my Easter eggs in bits for the past two weeks, so I probably won't have too much left by Easter Sunday. But I plan on feasting at our Easter Sunday dinner and eating ALL the desserts.
  • xxreidyxx
    xxreidyxx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gave up chocolate for lent, so i plan to have at least 2 eggs!
    After Monday its back to being good though
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    There was a similar thread yesterday and a few people suggested breaking them up, keeping some to eat, then freezing the remainder?

I usually get one (which I don't eat) and my son gets about 4 or 5, which he tires of very quickly so I used to bring the rest into work (where they disappeared very quickly!) or use them in baking.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Easter is a big family holiday for us. Lots of food and people. I've been staying under my calorie goal so that I can eat whatever I want and not worry about it, and instead focus on enjoying time with my loved ones.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat chocolate, make not-too-terrible food choices, enjoy some time with family and move on.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I will thoroughly enjoy it, log it for accountability and get back on track Monday. No need to torture yourself on the holidays, it's not like there's one every week :)
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Ignore it ... tis .... meaningless to me.
  • robmac13h
    robmac13h Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i plan to eat chocolate log it and then work it off
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'll be buying my boyfriend a chocolate Easter egg, but that will be the extent of the Easter 'celebrations' as far as I'm concerned. Not expecting to receive any eggs myself, and we're not having a big family meal or anything like that. I think Easter hype has died down an awful lot over the years; or maybe it's because I've got older and stopped believing...
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    No-one is going to buy me chocolate - 'tis both a good an bad thing! Unusually we are not having a huge family gathering either - just a fish dish on Good Friday and a nice meal on Sunday. I'm cooking it so will be in control - reasonable healthy but will have some Easter cake! Sad my son not coming home - first holiday we won't all be together.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is available 365 days a year so why the compulsion to eat it on one particular weekend?

You could always eat a real bunny instead of a chocolate bunny.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It's one day, enjoy it, log it, and move on.

Sunday is usually my clear my mind bike ride day, so I'll do that. Will I go over my calories.. probably, but one day will not make a difference in the long run.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I got my Easter Rabbit, broke it into a gazillion pieces, got out my scales, weighed it into 30 grams lots.

160 calories for a treat every few days, makes it last for ages, tastes better than eating it all at once

And not missing out on Easter.

Score on every front :)
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have an egg all of my own and another large one to share and I am going to eat them ... probably not all on the same day.

I really want to be able to just enjoy myself and not think about it or feel bad afterwards so I'm spending the week prepping for Easter. To keep my weekly deficit in some kind of order I am building up spare calories (around 200 on exercise days).
  • maryetamfp
    maryetamfp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm flying to Paris this Saturday for holiday and even if I live in the UK and can see the chocolate madness around me, I'm Spanish and we never used to do chocolate or big meals for Easter so... it won't change. I'm going to substitute chocolate for proper French cheese and red wine :love: :love: :drinker: :drinker:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am going to my sister in law's for Easter lunch with our family.
    I am making pavlova as requested by everyone.
    I am going to consume a nice array of Italian food and desserts. AND a piece of my pavlova.
    I am going to open a nice bottle of red wine from hubby's good stash.
    I am going to sit down with my nice white chocolate egg.
    I am going to pour a sizeable glass of wine.
    I am going to consume the wine and the chocolate and enjoy every bit.
    I am going to try to log but it depends how deep I get into the wine bottle.

I gave up wine for lent.

Then I will get up on Easter Monday and begin logging again, just like normal.

There really isn't any reason to let one weekend of celebration throw off the many months or weeks of good eating you have done.