Those DUMB 30 day squat challenges

Options
Are so annoying. A 30 day body weight squat challenge for a better butt? I think the last one I saw you end up doing 100+ by the end a day. Sounds like cardio in disguise.

Replies

• nickalow11
    nickalow11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Does it REALLY matter if the goal is to move more? Have at whatever '30-day workout' floats your boat!
  • badbcatha05
    badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I fell into one... it was the most boring thing I have ever experienced. I think I made it to day 15 and I decided my time was way better spent elsewhere.
  • shyfranklinstein
    Options
    Does it REALLY matter if the goal is to move more? Have at whatever '30-day workout' floats your boat!

It does when people complain after they didn't get a big ol round firm butt! That's from weights and proper nutrition
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Hear Hear!
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    So don't do it and don't worry about if someone complains that they didn't get whatever results they wanted. I mean does it really impact your life that much?

Problem solved.
  • shyfranklinstein
    Options
    Not to be mean or discredit anyone trying to be active....but you will not end up with a booty like Amanda Latona
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Then don't do it!!! No one is aksing or making you! End of story.

For me... personally - I did the 30 day plank challenge and it got my planks from just at a minute to over three minute (PB: 3:24)

So yea... some work. Some not so much. But its getting people to move more and challenge themselves.
  • Platform_Heels
    Options
    Not to be mean or discredit anyone trying to be active....but you will not end up with a booty like Amanda Latona

So? If it gets someone amped up and off the couch doing something they normally wouldn't have thought about doing then the more power to them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Are so annoying. A 30 day body weight squat challenge for a better butt? I think the last one I saw you end up doing 100+ by the end a day. Sounds like cardio in disguise.

Many great exercises are both cardio and strength - squats, walking lunges, burpees, mtn climbers, squat jumps, boxing, - pretty much any type of plyometrics and many calisthenics.

I did the 200 squat challenge (www.twohundredsquats.com) and it made a noticable difference in the shape and firmness of my bum, and was a good cardio workout.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    im currently on day 15 of a 30 day push up challenge. 30 pushups a day for 30 days
    I entered the challenge mainly cause I am not able to do a full plank style push up and I have hopes that by doing several pushups from the kneeling plank position- this will help strengthen me to be able to do a plank pushup.

I am mixing in stronglifts 5x5 and running as well and I do enjoy the daily challenge.

at first ALL 30 were terribly difficult
    then only the last 15, and now only the last 5 are truly hard! so I think I am on my way to a plank pushup!!
  • Jest45
    Jest45 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Maybe not, but I will be in better shape after doing it than if I sat on my *kitten* for 30 days.
  • shyfranklinstein
    Options
    Planking would be totally different! Planks are great and I use them a lot for core strength! Just seeing a lot of women falling into these traps
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting out, those can be difficult.

It isn't dumb. It's just below your level.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

So? If it gets someone amped up and off the couch doing something they normally wouldn't have thought about doing then the more power to them.

This.

Also, is that Ron Jeremy? It's kinda creepin' me out. He gives me the willies.
  • shyfranklinstein
    Options
    Pushups are different as well, I do 30 a day for fun. Good job on your progress! Stronglifts is legit and I hope you enjoy it
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I do it to do it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I have no idea who that is, but that's okay because I've never wanted someone else's booty. But I love what squat challenges do for my booty. I've done several. Doing one right now, in fact.

Maybe it's not the booty someone else would want, but that's okay too, because they can't have it.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I do legs n booty 3 days a wk and I typically do 12-15 sets of squats with a minimum of 75lbs at 15 reps per set.... That challenge would bore me, but if it gets someone motivated to move more and helps get them in the swing of working out and help them get to ready for another level of fitness then Balls to the wall-Hi 5 :)
  • Platform_Heels
    Options

This.

Also, is that Ron Jeremy? It's kinda creepin' me out. He gives me the willies.

It is. He's a disgusting little troll. I felt like I should have bathed in isopropyl alcohol after he touched me.