SUGAR ADDICT about to go COLD TURKEY -Advice?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Sucrose is sucrose, that won't change.

How much dietary fibre is there in sour patch kids and what percentage of the sugar is sucrose?

If it won't change, then there is no real need to differentiate between natural and unnatural sugar, then?

What does fiber have to do with anything? Since fiber is included in the "package" of fruit? If so does that make frosted mini wheats ok?

hahahahaha compared to sour patch kids YES frosted mini wheats WILL cause a lower insulin spike because of the fiber!

I'm glad you finally got it.
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'll try again

ndj, answer me this:

which gives a higher, faster spike of insulin: sour patch kids, or an apple, in identical caloric amounts?

or do they metabolize identically, according to you?

And is the below sucrose from a sour patch kid or from an apple?

Fig2sucrose.gif

sour patch kid because fiber.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sucrose is sucrose, that won't change.

How much dietary fibre is there in sour patch kids and what percentage of the sugar is sucrose?

If it won't change, then there is no real need to differentiate between natural and unnatural sugar, then?

What does fiber have to do with anything? Since fiber is included in the "package" of fruit? If so does that make frosted mini wheats ok?

hahahahaha compared to sour patch kids YES frosted mini wheats WILL cause a lower insulin spike because of the fiber!

I'm glad you finally got it.

Who cares about insulin spikes? Ling cod spikes insulin more than an apple. Steak spikes insulin more than pasta.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Who cares about insulin spikes?

"Not I," said the fly.

Don't_care.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I mean, it is like smoking or being an alcoholic....

No it's nothing like smoking. At all.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    basically.. if you want to cut out added sugar just do it. It is healthier and you will thank yourself for it later.

Whatever all these people say good for them. For the rest of us, do what you have to to obtain success. I don't lose if i'm eating cake or m&ms or sour patch kids. I do if I eat fruits. I also am more hungry when I eat foods with added sugar.

I don't care what science says. I have learned to listen to my body. Because in the end it decides if I am going to lose weight on a particular type of diet and it decides if I will be sick eating certain things or not. Everyone is different. If I eat shrimp i die, that doesn't meant that no one else can eat shrimp. Science says I should be able to eat shrimp. My body says otherwise. Same premise.

Without people who don't accept conventional science we would not have discovered half the things that are now considered fact. Right now the current research says.. XYZ, in 10/20 years who knows. So if avoiding added sugar is what works for you then do it.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Depriving yourself of something you love is non-sustainable. Just eat it, enjoy it, make sure it fits in yiour daily calorie limits.