Do you work out if your tired?

Options

Replies

• Tinker_Aria
    Options
    I always do my workout. Even if I got my period I workout (in this case I try something less intense for my body )

Even If I'm not motivated, I put on my fitness outfit, then I feel pretty and motivated to rule the world lol.
    When I start my workout, I end up saying myself "You're a warrior, you came to class" lol !

Good luck !
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The only time I don't workout when I'm tired is if I'm sick. For me, there's a difference between feeling tired (pretty much every weekday lol) and being physically exhausted. Listen to your body enough and you'll be able to tell the difference and know when it's ok to push and when it's best to rest. Usually when I'm tired and I really don't feel like going I have the best workouts.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If I need to sleep then I will nap instead but if it's a choice of gym and sitting around it has to be gym.
    I get terrible migranes if I dont sleep when I need to.
    Learning the difference between the two levels of tired is essential
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yes. Typically on Leg Day...

Here is a motivational quote for you to remember when you are tired...

"Leg Day doesn't care about that... Leg Day doesn't give a S*#)!!"
    -Kris Gethin-

Alter as needed for other excercise splits that you may be doing... Hahaha!:laugh:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I will work out BECAUSE I'm tired. Five minutes in, you wonder what you were being such a lil' bisch about.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    :) If I didn't work out when I was tired, I would never work out.

I was just going to say the same thing!
  • Schmiznurf
    Options
    I tend to not do much before working out but if I have to do stuff and end up tired I will do what I can and put maximum effort into it.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    It depends what kind of tired. It sounds like OP already has done quite a bit of cardio -- housecleaning 3 hours and walking the dogs. I had a day like that last week, and I didn't work out, but I wear a pedometer, and had put in 3 miles by the end of the day. However, if I'm tired from work (teaching, deskwork, meetings) or poor sleep, I will work out The working out especially helps with the poor sleep.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Do you rest or work out when tired? Or let yourself rest not to stress the body?

Depends why I'm tired, and what my planned session is. Generally if I'm not comfortable with a planned session I'll do something else; resistance training rather than an interval run, or recovery pace rather than tempo running.

If it's down to being de-fuelled then I may skip it because that's counter-productive.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Unless I feel like complete crap because I am sick I work out, it actually helps wake me up a bit if I am dragging during the day.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have two sick angry kids and had an upset stomach last night. I could have, and should have, done my work-out, but I needed (another) mental health day.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good warm up + good playlist = no excuses (for me, anyway :smile: )

I'm tired a lot, but I never regret working out.
    37437381.png
    love Your ticker :happy:
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Most of the times my best workouts are the ones I don't feel like doing because I'm too tired.
    Not only I surprise myself during the workout but then I feel so much better afterwards!
    Just take it a bit easier and be ready to accept that your body is not at 100% and you'll be fine.
    Took the words out of my mouth, some of my best workout are when I thought I didn't have it in me but I pulled from down deep and worked out anyway-about halfway through you realize you can do anything you put your mind to....the feeling of accomplishment after is awesome! If you are genuinely sick or know that you have been pushing your body too much then rest....I get this way when I have worked out 9 days in a row without a rest day.....your body needs about a day a week off from STRENUOUS workouts. Strenuous = pushing your body to its absolute limits for an hour or more at a time.
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I will work out BECAUSE I'm tired. Five minutes in, you wonder what you were being such a lil' bisch about.
    HA! Love that.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I always do my workout. Even if I got my period I workout (in this case I try something less intense for my body )

Even If I'm not motivated, I put on my fitness outfit, then I feel pretty and motivated to rule the world lol.
    When I start my workout, I end up saying myself "You're a warrior, you came to class" lol !

Good luck !

^^^ This!

Yes, go!!!

I know this post was yesterday, but this is exactly what I went through. I hadn't slept well and didn't feel I had the energy to workout. I put on my gym clothes before leaving work and told myself, I might go. On the way, I told myself "i'll go for 20 minutes". When I got there, did my entire workout and felt PROUD of myself as I walked out, sweating.

I'm glad I did, and so will you.

Well, Did you go? I haven't read the entire thread :embarassed:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    :) If I didn't work out when I was tired, I would never work out.

this.

Makes me laugh when people ask if I'm tired... I'm ALWAYS tired- it's a perpetual state of being for me.

If I only worked out when I felt like it- it might be once a week tops.

Success does not depend on emotions- it depends on consistency and the "grind" of just doing the thing in a routine on a regular basis.

The battle is half way over when you just show up to do the work- so show up and do the work- no sense showing up and going half *kitten*- you're already "there" might as well go ham!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Not directed at anyone, but I think people will find any excuse not to workout.

I'm just as busy (if not busier) than most and yeah, I'm tired after getting up at 4:45AM and not getting home until 5:15PM. I actually find that as soon as I start working out the tiredness goes away. Working out definitely gives me any adrenaline rush.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    If a necessary activity can be farmed out like housekeeping and the like, count it. That three hours is countable as your daily workout unless your daily workout is part of an end goal (training for 5k, etc). If I bike over to the grocery store, that ride doesn't burn zero calories just because I needed a carton of eggs.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine always says that 80% of life is just showing up. I think that is especially true of workouts. Some days are hard to get started because I'm tired. Usually once I get going things are fine. I ride a stationary bike every morning for 45 minutes, my measure of effort is how far I go during that time. Some mornings I don't go as far as others. But I'm still out there working my heart and burning some calories.

It is far too easy to let being tired, or busy, or some other excuse stop me from exercising.